What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE WrestleMania XXXIV *** SPOILERS ***

OK my early thoughts. Sorry if they are scattered

Overall I thought it was a pretty strong wrestlemania, save for 1-2 matches and the main event. Didn’t watch the pre show. Seriously wwe, seven hours? I think it killed the crowd towards the end.

I loved the Rousey match. Sure one or two moves went astray but I’d say it was match of the night in terms of atmosphere and entertainment value. Don’t get the Ronda hate, love her. Interesting that Dana was there

Styles/shinsuke was strong, but maybe not what it could’ve been. Seemed a bit slow paced for mine. Good but maybe not what I had hoped

Flair Asuka was great. Surprised asuka lost, although it was a cool finish. Second best match

Too many tag matches and three/four way for me. Why did jinder win? Dumb when rusev is so over. The Finn balor starter was good, credit for starting with that.

Seeing Bryan back was brilliant, didn’t think too much of the match though. Struggling to remember who won to be honest.

Jax/Bliss was a fastforward. Boring

Cena/UT. Great to see Ut again but the guy needs to retire. He looks old, don’t want him ruining his legacy

The Braun spot with the kid was super cool, great work there. Almost moment of the night

There were no real surprise appearances, which was a bit disappointing. Rock, Hogan, Rey etc.?

The main event - ugh. Kicking out of 5 f5s is so stupid. It completely ruins the illusion of wrestling and finishes meaning something. I hate it. Turned me off the match completely. The crowd hated it as well, you could hear the mics getting turned off heaps of times and the crowd getting distracted. Roman blading at the end was very Austin like but still wasn’t a fan

Overall I’d give it 3.5 Michael Coles out of 5

azzah72

Bench
Enjoyable show.

The only match I didn't like too much, more because I was looking forward to it and thought it could be a show stealer was the Smackdown tag title match.

Andre: Typical BR with fun moments, a bit of a jarring finish with Wyatt just standing there but fun none the less. 3/5

CW title: Decent, just no drama and I thought them yelling you heart and soul was corny. 3/5

Womens BR: Same as the men, The surprise final wrestler would have been much better suited to a heel. 3/5

IC title: Great opener, nothing bad to say about it. Fun as hell. Second best match of the night. 4/5

Smackdown women: Surprised it was so early and even more surprised at the result. It was good though, would like to see them go around again. 3.5/5

US title: Not a great match at all, weird winner too. 2/5

Rousey match: Really freaking fun! Surpassed my expectations tremendously and had a good time with it, smiling a few times and just generally getting into it. 3.75/5

SD Tag: Really Disappointed with this, I was expecting this to be a bit of a sleeper match of the night and it was just a mess. 2/5

Cena vs Taker: I see this as a launch of a feud to WM35. I see it as more of a segment and it was fine. NR

GM tag match: Fine, good to see Bryan back. Owen and Zayn are such great heels, some fun moments but never got to the next level considering the talent involved. 2.75/5

Raw women: Sometimes, the match doesn’t have to be technically great to get me to enjoy it, this had a good story and it played well. I wanted Nia to kick her ass, she did, I was happy. Nice emotion from Nia afterwards. 3/5

WWE Title: Hyped as a dream match with one of my fav wrestlers ever. Problem is, I just don’t get Nakamura. I have never found any of his matches I have seen as anything better than good and I see the internet going crazy about him, I just don’t see it. I find him boring in the ring and uninteresting as a character. They put on what I thought was an underwhelming match, it was technically fine but ended up just good. Hopefully, the heel turn makes Nakamura interesting. 3.5/5

Raw Tag: It was a bit of dumb, feel-good fun and I dug it. Brauns character is being a little hurt recently with some of the goofiness but this was just something to smile at and I thought it was good. 2.75/5

Universal Title: A brock match, if you went in expecting anything else then you are silly. Every brock match is the same and you either like it or you don’t. I’m a little over it, I was hoping it to be changed up a bit, like what they did with AJ/Lesnar but didn’t. In saying that, it was two big boys hitting each other hard and fast. I was ok with it, more because I didn’t expect the result. It’ll be interesting to see where they go now, if brock is going to UFC or if it was just a Ruse the whole time. 3/5

Overall, this is probably the WM I have like the most since WM30, at it easily top 10 I think. 7.75/10

nöyd

Staff member
I enjoyed it, mixed tag was easily MOTN, didn't mind charlotte winning, as i read somewhere else it appears new orleans is the place where winning streaks die in the ass.

atm i just can't get over the hot mess that was the universal title match though, complete with (much deserved) "this is awful" chants, it was just super f**king dumb

Valheru

Coach
The first 90-120 minutes of the main show was on track to be in the conversation for greatest Wrestlemania ever but it went down hill from there and one of the key reasons was the length of the show.

Wrestlemanias are just too long in the modern era and the crowd gets exhausted. I get they want to differentiate it from every other show but 3.5 (absolute max of 4) hours is enough. The heat of the crowd slowly increased throughout the first part of the show, peaking with the excellently booked Rousey match. They then gave the crowd a break with the filler tag title match, after which they popped hard for the Undertaker and Daniel Bryan matches and then the crowd was dead for the last 90 minutes.

A 3.5 hour show featuring the 2 x world title matches, 2 x women's title matches, Rousey match, IC match, a Proper Undertaker match and the Daniel Bryan match would have been much more effective. If that would have pushed them for time with the HoF stuff etc. then the Bliss/Jax match goes to a 1 hour pre-show match.

The first 90-120 minutes of the main show was on track to be in the conversation for greatest Wrestlemania ever but it went down hill from there and one of the key reasons was the length of the show.

Wrestlemanias are just too long in the modern era and the crowd gets exhausted. I get they want to differentiate it from every other show but 3.5 (absolute max of 4) hours is enough. The heat of the crowd slowly increased throughout the first part of the show, peaking with the excellently booked Rousey match. They then gave the crowd a break with the filler tag title match, after which they popped hard for the Undertaker and Daniel Bryan matches and then the crowd was dead for the last 90 minutes.

A 3.5 hour show featuring the 2 x world title matches, 2 x women's title matches, Rousey match, IC match, a Proper Undertaker match and the Daniel Bryan match would have been much more effective. If that would have pushed them for time with the HoF stuff etc. then the Bliss/Jax match goes to a 1 hour pre-show match.

Couldn’t agree more. 2hrs in I was thinking - this could be anything

Rhyno

First Grade
I don’t get why people complain about crowd atmosphere I don’t even pay attention to crowd noise same goes for the nrl

shiznit

Coach
Watched Ronda’s match... in cringed a fair bit... especially seeing her little punching sequences... :joy::joy:

The last time she got into a fire fight with her hands this happened...

QALFmikc8i4ccS3A4aqKLKpK6gR9miVVcGTwTveLX6Q6n471z_Ay5GxG0s9tLxzqNenbXpqKWWslrwF8BY1QxAdCK-X_5-rjy4r5JPdX=w512-h288-nc

I’ll give her one thing though... she is the best female(or male for that matter) I’ve ever seen at setting up the armbar...

Sure this wasn’t real... but she has the most set ups from so many different positions it’s crazy... it just comes out of nowhere...

I'm refusing to watch Rhonda, she is obsolete, I have zero interest in her

I'm pissed Asuka lost but yeah shit happens

Jinder wtf

Naks losing was a bit of a shock

Mlw reckons reigns was paying $1.10 and shinsuke wasn’t far behind...looks like Vince did the old switch up

Would like to put money on Lesnar losing it tomorrow night. Maybe to a returning Samoa joe?

I think some people are being pretty harsh on WM34. The main event was a bit soft as it was basically just trading finishers for 10 minutes, and the US Title match took a bit of the wind out of people’s sails as most of the crowd seemed to think it was Rusev’s night, but otherwise this was a very, very good show.