What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWF Invasion Mafia

SeeJay

Juniors
Not Mafia's fault town had no idea.

I imagine the high potential for recruiting was supposed to be offset by the "once they click on how the recruits work, it should become more obvious" factor which never actually eventuated.

The double recruit of Soc and myself was before AFS was mafia, he just happened to target Hogg that night not knowing he was the don.

there was little to no chance town would figure out the random new recruitment mechanic. we were doomed from day 1.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Your pissing and moaning stopped being amusing about twenty posts ago, SeeJay. How anybody thought The Rock, Undertaker, and Steve Austin were Hodors is beyond me. The game was very winnable for town, but you had nights like Cena & HBK killing a town guy on Hogg's advice, mafia changing away from killing you (and their killer) last minute, and several town guys (whall and AFS) targeting mafia, being explicitly mentioned in the write up, and not bothering to tell town.

On top of that, town had three vigilantes, two resurrects, four guys brought back, a guy with four Hodors who was unrecruitable until the last until the last, a two man communication faction (Rebel and whall), and I was including every action in the write up so you practically had a whole team of investigates.

What hurt you guys most was a tie between DL and whall being inactive (they both targeted mafia early on) and nobody thinking it odd that AFS' role died but he rrmained in the game.

Frankly, I'm glad town lost. Their generally awful play too often wins games because by the endgame it's easy to figure out who mafia is by process of elimination.

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yeah, so Mis basically combined Mafia and Cult in one f**ked up clusterf**k. And how in f**k's name are we meant to guess good guys dying were bad guy recruits rather than Hodors?

Common sense? The only element of the game I'm unhappy with is ECW being weak, but it's probably realistic.

Nonsense.

Another guy who people knew the character of (BM took his title) whose character died and nobody thought to question. In what game is the biggest star in professional wrestling a Hodor?

SeeJay

Juniors
i figured maybe there was like one role that consisted of a few different wrestlers and stone cold/the rock were two of the members or something. so them dying off didnt seem out of place.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I thought it was weird that Rock, Austin, and Taker were Hodors, but you wrote them up the way you've written Hodors up in many other games, I.e. the role dying, but not revealing the player.

Bazal

Post Whore
I thought it was weird that Rock, Austin, and Taker were Hodors, but you wrote them up the way you've written Hodors up in many other games, I.e. the role dying, but not revealing the player.

GOT Mafia. White walker recruits written up exactly the same.

Bored in an airport, thought I'd read through

Misanthrope

Staff member

The player wasn't dead, so I couldn't include their name. Revealing their identity would basically telegraph every recruit and tell you who to lynch the very next phase :lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
In my defense I was f**ked up by the flu in the middle of this game. Around the time I came back as Cena I could barely sit in my chair and type without shaking uncontrollably from my severe fever. Not my fault it was hard for me to be logical in that state.

Latest posts