What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

X Box or PS2

Which is better for a person who only plays sport games

• X Box

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LaCuna Coil

Juniors
I've never had to get my Xbox repaired, nor have I met anyone who has. Also, if you've got the money to buy a $240 console purely for one game you may aswell get both PS2 and Xbox.

Paullyboy

Coach
Geez, the stories are convincing for X Box, the repair bit worries me abit though. But whats with the votes?

Ah well im guessing its X BOx for me

bulldog

Bench
I've seen the laser go on the Xbox drives, but from my personal experience, PS2 units are far more unreliable and prone to break(not sure about the new slim one though).

Munky

Coach
bulldog said:
I've seen the laser go on the Xbox drives, but from my personal experience, PS2 units are far more unreliable and prone to break(not sure about the new slim one though).

Both had extremely shoddy Disk drives in their first generation.

The original PS2 laser was dodgy and my fried went through 3 PS2s after he got his on launch day nack in 2000.

The original XBox drives were made by a different company to what they are now.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
xbox, i mean i play ps2 alot but game wise almost every game on ps2 thats any good is on xbox.

i own both systems and my ps2 scratches cds like crazy...xbox hasnt messed up anything and with xbox live halo 2...lol = no sleep.

strong_latte

Juniors
When it comes down to it though both are pretty dated machines... I've personally always been a console man because the grpahics cards and other specs in PC's are just a pain, but my mate bought himself a new graphics card about 6 months ago and he gave me his old one (which is a GeForce 4) and that thing runs better graphics than my xbox... So yeah, it all pales in comparison to PC hardware I guess....

Munky

Coach
strong_latte said:
When it comes down to it though both are pretty dated machines... I've personally always been a console man because the grpahics cards and other specs in PC's are just a pain, but my mate bought himself a new graphics card about 6 months ago and he gave me his old one (which is a GeForce 4) and that thing runs better graphics than my xbox... So yeah, it all pales in comparison to PC hardware I guess....

The consoles are 4 and 3 years old, can't expect them to compete with a modern PC for 15% of the price.

The next generation of consoles should be the ones where graphics have gone as far as they posibly can before they are indistiguishable to the human eye and can't be improved.

bulldog

Bench
Munky said:
The next generation of consoles should be the ones where graphics have gone as far as they posibly can before they are indistiguishable to the human eye and can't be improved.

I remember reading an article about this a while back, the writers research suggested that game graphics would need to improve by 15,000 times to be indistinguishable from the real world.
A long way to go yet.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
X Box is certainly the superior machine. However, that doesn't mean much if it doesn't have the games quality and quantity of it's competitor. You only have to look at the N64 vs PS1 to see that. N64 was technically a better console, but PS1 crapped all over it both in quantity and quality (barring a few standouts) of it's games. The difference between the X Box and PS2 certainly isn't as big, but I still think the PS2 has a slight advantage when it comes to the games.

However, I'd probably agree with what Munky said, it depends on what other types of games you like. If you are only interested in the sports games then X Box is probably the best bet; otherwise:
Munky said:
If you want all action head for Halo/Halo2 and the XBox, the king of action.

For action/adventure try the PS2 for GTA: San Andreas and its excellent range of platformers and RPGs.

Paullyboy

Coach
I bought an X-Box (it came with Halo and Top Spin Tennis) - However my only intestest was getting Madden.

I honestly have no interest in Halo or shoot-em-up rubbish so ill sell that Id say coz its still in its plastic packaging and never been opened. Might give tennis a run one day.

Love Madden.