What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

X-Box review

Dragon

Coach
Just flipped through the new Official Aussie Xbox mag and RL got a 7.5/10

Cant remember all the details but the reviewer basically tore the games visuals apart and repeatedly whinged about Rabs not being the commentator.

Should be out at all newsagents.

Priddo

Juniors
Dragon said:
Just flipped through the new Official Aussie Xbox mag and RL got a 7.5/10

Cant remember all the details but the reviewer basically tore the games visuals apart and repeatedly whinged about Rabs not being the commentator.

Should be out at all newsagents.

man if thats the worst parts of the game i'd love to see the best!!!!!!!

subsbligh35

Juniors
Dude, the Xbox controls apparently detract big time from the game. The benchmark for graphics would be higher (IMO) for the XBox over the PS2.

Why the hell Ray Warren wasn't the commentator is bizarre but i guess you would get used to that.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah who really cares about the commentator anyway, Vossy does a great job and sure he will in the game. PS2 is better than XBOX all together.

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
apparently rabs was a tight arse when he commentated for arl 96 and he declined the offer 2 commentate for rugbyleague this time

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
KimmorleyKiller said:
apparently rabs was a tight arse when he commentated for arl 96 and he declined the offer 2 commentate for rugbyleague this time

Well in that case if it's true thats pretty bad to turn down a chance to be the commentator for the official game of the NRL. I reckon they should have used a few commentators but Vossy is ok.

Goleel

Juniors
I've read heaps of times people wanting a 'choice' of commentators, which is one of the more ridiculous ideas I've heard, but I'm happy with Vossy, sure, in the future it'd be great to have Sterlo or Fatty doing commentary with him, but that's just icing on the cake. Rabs, well, you can imagine that someone as old and allegedly grumpy as Rabbits would have a hard time spending hours upon hours in a studio recording lines, he probably hated it when he worked on ARL and didn't want to do it again. Fair enough, you can't blame the guy for turning the gig down, he's still a champion, but its a shame he didn't want to do it.

Vossy has done a good job from all reports so far though, and probably has a more suited commentary style to a video game, Rabs gets excited and comes up with off the cuff remarks to make a game exciting, where Vossy is more a traditional style, just calling the action and adding a few 'superlatives' when something big happens.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Goleel said:
I've read heaps of times people wanting a 'choice' of commentators, which is one of the more ridiculous ideas I've heard, but I'm happy with Vossy, sure, in the future it'd be great to have Sterlo or Fatty doing commentary with him, but that's just icing on the cake. Rabs, well, you can imagine that someone as old and allegedly grumpy as Rabbits would have a hard time spending hours upon hours in a studio recording lines, he probably hated it when he worked on ARL and didn't want to do it again. Fair enough, you can't blame the guy for turning the gig down, he's still a champion, but its a shame he didn't want to do it.

Vossy has done a good job from all reports so far though, and probably has a more suited commentary style to a video game, Rabs gets excited and comes up with off the cuff remarks to make a game exciting, where Vossy is more a traditional style, just calling the action and adding a few 'superlatives' when something big happens.

Yeah suppose he wouldn't wanna spend hours and hours in a recording studio but then again, i don't know him personally to say that.

mikdalton

Juniors
I've heard this 'rabby' guy over here and must say I'm not impressed. I don't like his slow uninterested voice until something exciting happens.

Its like fittler passes to morley takes it up and gets tackled, wing at dummy half passes inside to fittler, FITTLER MAKES A BREAK LOOKING FOR SUPPORT BUT HES TACKLED!!, fittler gets up and plays the ball etc etc etc.

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
From what ive heard,Vossy sounds great.He could of been a little more excited at times but he sounds good.

Whats all this PILL buisiness though??

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
ray warren wouldnt be the best caller for 40 years or wateva if he was "boring and uninterested, though i dont think ne1 can argue that vossy hasnt done a good job with the game looking at the movies...

btw does ne1 know where the official promo with thats my team playing in the backround came from??? my hardrives are all over the place and this morning i opened a movie that i thought was something else and i found a new video i havent seen before that i didnt know i downloaded..and i have dial up for god sakes!!! :D :D :D i also saw in it that the kicking meter is slightly different than the one in the bris vs wig movie and they have morley or villasanti or sum1 getting tackled and it says on the bottom of the screen "hit up!" maybe there is a hitup system...

Latest posts