What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xbox vs PS2 vs Cpu

AxeJuggler

Juniors
Now that a lot of you guys have the game, Im wondering, in your opinion which system is the best to play it on. I have learnt the following things that:

Xbox- Has the best graphics and is quickest to run

PS2- Has 8 player mode if you have multitap and the controller is better suited

Cpu- Would be the easiest to download patches for and customize.

Does anyone else have anything they can add to these lists, and would appreciate it if you can reccomend which one you think i should get it on.

Crippler

Juniors
I have both xbox and ps2 versions and there is a HUGE difference in favour to xbox for graphics with a SMOOTH framerate. Ps2 chugs all the time and has unrealistic colouring and less features than xbox.

Controls are better in the ps2 but i am buying a Magic Box which lets me use the ps2 controller on an Xbox which will be a perfect setup. Then sell the PS2 copy to a friend.

***MH***

Bench
Crippler said:
I have both xbox and ps2 versions and there is a HUGE difference in favour to xbox for graphics with a SMOOTH framerate. Ps2 chugs all the time and has unrealistic colouring and less features than xbox.

Controls are better in the ps2 but i am buying a Magic Box which lets me use the ps2 controller on an Xbox which will be a perfect setup. Then sell the PS2 copy to a friend.
sucked in to all those ps2 fanboyz who fail to realise that the xbox is far superior than the ps2!

Yeah the xbox looks to be the pick and WTF was that myth that the xbox controller would suck for this game its great!!!
Trigger passing is great!! the tighter u squeez the longer u pass it was implemented really well!!
I love the config and have no problems fending and steping on my S controller :D top game

Razor

Coach
AxeJuggler said:
Now that a lot of you guys have the game, Im wondering, in your opinion which system is the best to play it on. I have learnt the following things that:

Xbox- Has the best graphics and is quickest to run

As long as you have a reasonable computer the PC graphics shit all over the Xbox graphics.

kram

Juniors
I agree with razor...I'm sitting here playing the game at 1024x768 32bit and it's purring like a kitten. The game can go up to 1600x1200 too...might need an upgrade for that though. I'm actually finding the keyboard pretty good at the moment. Still working on the kicking game though...seems to work better with the analog on Logitech Rumblepad.

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
played it a mates on xbox, played it home on ps2.

and failed to notice any great difference between them, definatly not eough to make someone want to kill themselves.
ps2 control was far more superior

HBG

Juniors
Mr BuLLdOgS said:
played it a mates on xbox, played it home on ps2.

and failed to notice any great difference between them, definatly not eough to make someone want to kill themselves.
ps2 control was far more superior

Well I have had both the PS2 and Xbox final releases at home on the big screen. The PS2 controls I think r better, but the Xbox graphics, maybe slighlty better. I have had a few beers since then, however.

Goleel

Juniors
I didn't believe it, but with the PS2 and PC versions in my hands and played extensively today, the PC version rips it to pieces. With a decent gamepad, the PC is the best version by far, the crisp graphics and sitting close to the monitor make it easy to tell who has the ball, something the PS2 struggles with, the framerate is very smooth and the graphics far more crisp and sharp, the PS2 is very slow and chuggy and inferior by comparison. Seriously, the PC is the way to go, if your comp can handle it, I've played the Xbox version too, but not for nearly as long, and I'd say the PC beats it out in graphics too.

Razor

Coach
mikeyboy said:
A monitor will always display crisper graphics than a TV but who wants to game in front of a monitor?

A monitor is really just a higher quality TV.

kram

Juniors
If you want to dumb down the game, you could use a TV output on your PC and play it through a TV for that dodgy games console feel.

With the PC, you can unlock the movies, adjust player faces, jerseys, logos and the ball. You can make Steve Clark look like a tomato if you're so inclined.

If anyone knows how to adjust the audio files (they compressed inside some FSB files) let me know. I'm sick of Vossy referring to Tingha as No.2 or the Winger! He must have done the recordings prior to the return.

Azkatro

First Grade
kram said:
I agree with razor...I'm sitting here playing the game at 1024x768 32bit and it's purring like a kitten. The game can go up to 1600x1200 too...might need an upgrade for that though. I'm actually finding the keyboard pretty good at the moment. Still working on the kicking game though...seems to work better with the analog on Logitech Rumblepad.

Sounds pretty sweet - what are the specs on your machine? I'm waiting on the game now and I've got an Athlon 1800+ XP, only with a GeForce 256 mind you. Hoping I can play it at least at 1024x768x16 with decent performance and quality. I'm a bit pissed off actually because I chose this week to get my 17" LCD sent in to be looked at (there's a cloudy patch on one part), and haven't heard from them yet, so I probably won't see it again until after Xmas :x Got my little PS/2 / Xbox controller converter ready and raring so can't wait to get stuck in.

ripper

kram said:
If you want to dumb down the game, you could use a TV output on your PC and play it through a TV for that dodgy games console feel.

With the PC, you can unlock the movies, adjust player faces, jerseys, logos and the ball. You can make Steve Clark look like a tomato if you're so inclined.

If anyone knows how to adjust the audio files (they compressed inside some FSB files) let me know. I'm sick of Vossy referring to Tingha as No.2 or the Winger! He must have done the recordings prior to the return.

You can unlock the movies on the console versions as well

Paullyboy

Coach
The great thing about the PC version is that you can completly customise the game to your liking. I didnt particularly like any of the custom jerseys so i made my own in paint shop pro and i love it! Im just in the process of making my own logo now

kram

Juniors
ripper73 said:
You can unlock the movies on the console versions as well

I'm not talking about 60 odd hours into the game or at the end of the season ripper...If you have the PC version, you can open up the .vag files in the media player of your choice. They are simply mpg movies.

Enjoy.