What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xerri test sample B

Ok, he’s a total dumb f**k for taking those substances, especially knowing what our club has been through.

However, I want to know why many on here think he was going to the Roosters?

He’s a shark through & through & I for 1 certainly give him the benefit of the doubt on that!
Because apparently his dad was ringing them constantly to get him over there, especially after the families best friend went there, Jnr.
They were fuelling Sloth with the info that he was going there. Pretty grubby.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/96b174caa5b6c20c4df2ca1fbffd5dfe

Bronson Xerri will stare down his fate after declaring he wants to challenge a potential four-year ban at the NRL’s Anti-Doping Tribunal.

In what marks the last chance for Xerri to prove his innocence, the rising star’s lawyer advised the NRL Integrity Unit on Tuesday afternoon that the teenager wishes to prove why he should escape being rubbed out of the game despite returning A and B-positive samples to anabolic steroids.

Xerri, 19, is facing a four-year ban after he was provisionally stood down in May after returning a positive result for various performance-enhancing substances, including testosterone.

63d396c77a7fda35d8197a9206535961

Bronson Xerri of the Sharks back in May
The hearing is likely to occur within six to eright weeks with Xerri and his lawyer Ramy Qutami needing to provide an extraordinary level of detail and information to be given any chance of avoiding a lengthy ban.

The Honourable Ian Callinan AC QC will chair the NRL Anti-Doping Tribunal - the same former High Court judge who imposed a four-year ban on Sandor Earl in 2015 and Jarrod Mullen in 2017 for anti-doping offences.

Xerri will be required to file his submission to Callinan and a two-person panel - the final stop in the Cronulla Sharks centre’s tumultuous past four months.

389081ef15ca3fac227c5ae8d88f9561

Cronulla Sharks player Bronson Xerri (left), pictured with a girl
The panel can’t impose a ban longer than four years - but they have the power to reduce it.

Xerri was recovering from shoulder surgery when his A-sample was taken in November last year and it’s understood the rising star will argue that he had taken the banned supplements with the purpose of aiding his recovery - not with an intention to cheat.

His argument will need to be of major significance.

Aside from testosterone, three other substances were found in Xerri’s system, including androsterone, etiocholanolone and 5b-androstane-3a,17b-diol – all of which are prohibited by the World Anti-Doping Agency and the NRL’s anti-doping policy.

Xerri was tested by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority on 25 November last year — with the result of his secondary B-sample also returning a positive reading.

The prolonged nature of the case had left the NRL and Xerri’s club Cronulla furious with process and despite obvious support for his welfare.

Eion

First Grade
Please tell me we have suspended all payments to this bloke. (Happy to pay it all back with interest if he wins!)

Please tell me we have suspended all payments to this bloke. (Happy to pay it all back with interest if he wins!)
Dunno but I hope this isn't just a ruse to make sure he gets all payments this year.
Unless payments have already concluded of course.

Generalzod

Immortal
I normally thought that athletes received a 2 year ban for using steroid, when did 4 years become the norm.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Dunno but I hope this isn't just a ruse to make sure he gets all payments this year.
Unless payments have already concluded of course.[/QUOTE I was thinking the same thing myself. I would imagine the Sharks would still be paying him until the appeal is finalised. As if he’s got any chance of getting a reduction on his suspension given the cocktail he was allegedly busted on. At least his family would have good connections in regards to a lawyer.

shaggs

Coach
Unless payments have already concluded of course.
I suspect the sharks will continue to pay him until at least October 30. (NRL FY starts November 1)

They would be adding up all possible payments and trying to avoid any “payouts”

Payments after that depend on the appeal.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I suspect the sharks will continue to pay him until at least October 30. (NRL FY starts November 1)

They would be adding up all possible payments and trying to avoid any “payouts”

Payments after that depend on the appeal.
So I’m guessing that if Xerri accepted the ban on receiving the positive B sample that the Sharks would be able to stop paying him now? The other thing I find interesting is the fact that Chad and another player (can’t remember who) were asked during their mid-week media if they had spoken to Xerri since this all blew up and they both said no. This would seem to indicate that the rumours were true about Xerri and Flanno jnr being pretty much loners at the club last year. The way I see it Xerri will never play for the Sharks again so I hope he gets the full 4 years.

AJB1102

First Grade
The other thing I find interesting is the fact that Chad and another player (can’t remember who) were asked during their mid-week media if they had spoken to Xerri since this all blew up and they both said no.

I noticed that too. They didn't even try a tippy-toed media 'yeah, nah' response.

He'll never be a Shark again. If he gets 4 years I'd say he never plays NRL again and if you ever read about him it won't be good.

Eion

First Grade
He is aiming I reckon for 2 years, he has served 1 already, he will be able to train by himself then off to Roosters 2022
He was injured from the start of the year. Only got his first notice in May. So assume his 4 years started from then.

ghoti

Bench
1 might argue taking banned substances to recover from injury is in fact cheating!

This injury recovery defence is such self-involved bullshit... "Just gonna heal quicker and then if I get quicker, stronger, faster and bigger it's an accident". He got busted cheating, take the four years.. he may not be the only one trying to sneak it past ASADA but have the f**ken pride and honour to cop it. Thinkin of all the three-quarters who were behind him in line while he got hyped up to the ceiling who not only didn't have the natural ability but didn't dose to get ahead..