What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

thorson1987

Coach
Next game up is the big one - Man City at Etihad on Friday 4 January 2019 at 7.00 am (AEDT).

I'll be happy with a draw tbh. But a win would be massive.

The more we win though the more nervous I get. Still have bad memories of 13/14 (I know we are in a much better position now)

Foz

Bench
Back in the day when Bob Paisley had Liverpool and they’d be in front around this time of the year(wins were 2 points back then but we’d be 6 or 8 in front)he’d inevitably be asked if he thought Liverpool had the title wrapped up.
Every time he’d answer We still need x amount of points to be safe from relegation(even when it was mathematically impossible that we would get relegated).

skeepe

Immortal
The Manchester team got all the decisions their way from the Manchester referee. What a shock.

Kompany should have seen red in the first half.

And you can f**k off with your 1.12 cm as well.

Absolutely dudded.

Lucky to only lose by 1 really, totally outplayed. Klopp picking that beige midfield gave us no chance

Have to agree with your comment about the midfield. Gigi, Hendo and Milner are good players, but you need one of Keita or Fabhino with no more than two of them in my book to provide better balance.

Have to agree with your comment about the midfield. Gigi, Hendo and Milner are good players, but you need one of Keita or Fabhino with no more than two of them in my book to provide better balance.

For me our strongest midfield against the best sides should be Fabinho, Gini (this year he has been outstanding) and one of Keita/Shaqiri.

The game against PSG away in the Champions League and today's game show in the biggest of away matches we need a different midfield three than those who started today.

Positives is that we were competitive, was our first loss of the year, we have a great manager and squad and we are 4 points clear. YNWA

thorson1987

Coach
For me our strongest midfield against the best sides should be Fabinho, Gini (this year he has been outstanding) and one of Keita/Shaqiri.

The game against PSG away in the Champions League and today's game show in the biggest of away matches we need a different midfield three than those who started today.

Positives is that we were competitive, was our first loss of the year, we have a great manager and squad and we are 4 points clear. YNWA

And that will be Lovrens one bad game for a few months out of the way too.

One thing that really frustrates me is the passing all the way back to alisson when we are around their 18 yard box, especially the way they were pressing us. Constantly put us under pressure.

Game_Breaker

Coach
The Manchester team got all the decisions their way from the Manchester referee. What a shock.

Kompany should have seen red in the first half.

And you can f**k off with your 1.12 cm as well.

Absolutely dudded.

How were they dudded with that call?
The ball didn’t cross the line, therefore it’s not a goal

thorson1987

Coach
Nathaniel Clyne on loan to Bournemouth for the rest of the season, contract expires end of next season and won't be offered a new deal so is free to leave pending suitable offer in the summer.

Dom Solanke sold to Bournemouth for £19m.

cb4

First Grade
Yes, it's clear as day we need a Center Back. I would have loved Pepe, but now I am thinking Gary Cahill may be the man for the job.
Letting go of Clyne (god knows why, he was brilliant v United), Solanke, Origi and not purchasing a player will end up like 13/14 all over again.

saint.nick

Coach
Yes, it's clear as day we need a Center Back. I would have loved Pepe, but now I am thinking Gary Cahill may be the man for the job.
Letting go of Clyne (god knows why, he was brilliant v United), Solanke, Origi and not purchasing a player will end up like 13/14 all over again.
I disagree with a few things there:

- Clyne was not brilliant v United. He was decent, but he didn't have to defend much and being decent on his first game back made him look excellent. The hard fact is that he is not a top defender and is quite useless in attack. If we need someone to fill in at RB then we have Milly, Hoever or even Fabinho.

- I don't think there's much point in buying another CB unless we plan to offload Matip this summer. 4 experienced centre back options is still quite a lot and it's just a bit unlucky that 3 of them have gone down injured all at once. Will Cahill even want to come and be 2nd/3rd choice?

- I don't think that Origi is being let go. Solanke had to go for the sake of his own development. He needs to remember how to score goals.

- 13/14 had nothing to do with the January window though, in fact it was proven in hindsight that who we wanted in that window (Konoplyanka) wasn't even necessary after all.