What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

saint.nick

Coach
I'm honestly embarrassed for some people with the way they have reacted to this...

"Well why didn't Karius tell medical staff he was concussed?"

Because people often don't realise when they're concussed?

"Liverpool are just trying to improve his sale value!"

...no they're looking after the well-being of an employee.

"Liverpool are just looking for sympathy"

...nah they're just publicising a player's injury because that's what they always do for an injury.

I have no doubt he was concussed, he was down for at least half a minute and if he was playing NRL he probably would have failed the HAI test if he was down for that long. The doctors said his spatial function (and I presume his concentration) suffered, and the goals he let in were direct consequences of that.

thorson1987

Coach
Starting 11 midfield overhaul complete. Nab, Nab and Fab!!

Potential to be dynamic as f**k!

With Ox coming in off the bench.

Now a new keeper (would love Oblak but probably priced out so happy if we get Allison) and also an extra CB.

Shaqiri keeps popping up too, good be good as a cheap back up.

saint.nick

Coach
Starting 11 midfield overhaul complete. Nab, Nab and Fab!!

Potential to be dynamic as f**k!
It's quite some midfield makeover isn't it.

As Thorson said,you have Ox coming off the bench and pushing for a starting place too. It's so easy to forget about Ox yet so exciting when you remember him.

DC80

Juniors
Isnt it quite ridiculous to want new terms based on a medical he passed...
Not sure he passed it, certainly not to a satisfactory level.

I was gutted it fell through (still hold out some small hope it isn’t over as the fella is a wizard). Think once they saw the full extent of his knee condition they wanted to restructure the payment based on appearances (this is according to Dave Maddock of the Mirror who also appears on LFCTV, so very well informed). Aulas (Lyon owner) told us to get fecked, and so it was called off. If this is the case (other reporters have said we completely pulled out once we saw his knee) then the saga may not be over yet.

If he’s not in constant pain or needs injections, and the knee doesn’t look as though it’s about to go again, then I’d take a punt on him. He’s that good. He’s played 95% of Lyon games since he did his acl so he’s shown durability. We badly need a #10 as there isn’t a player in midfield that can split open a defence since Coutinho left. Keita looks like he can, but he plays much further back in central midfield.

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
Not sure he passed it, certainly not to a satisfactory level.

I was gutted it fell through (still hold out some small hope it isn’t over as the fella is a wizard). Think once they saw the full extent of his knee condition they wanted to restructure the payment based on appearances (this is according to Dave Maddock of the Mirror who also appears on LFCTV, so very well informed). Aulas (Lyon owner) told us to get fecked, and so it was called off. If this is the case (other reporters have said we completely pulled out once we saw his knee) then the saga may not be over yet.

If he’s not in constant pain or needs infections, and the knee doesn’t look as though it’s about to go again, then I’d take a punt on him. He’s that good. He’s played 95% of Lyon games since he did his acl so he’s shown durability. We badly need a #10 as there isn’t a player in midfield that can split open a defence since Coutinho left. Keita looks like he can, but he plays much further back in central midfield.
Aulas is right to tell us to do one if true, there will eventually be another team who have a more positive opinion on his knee and will take the punt. If you are concerned about some guys knee so much that you wanna cheapen the deal like hes a scratched fridge at seconds world then perhaps just move on instead to a different target. Hes either passed the medical or he hasnt. If he has, then hes fit.

DC80

Juniors
Aulas is right to tell us to do one if true, there will eventually be another team who have a more positive opinion on his knee and will take the punt. If you are concerned about some guys knee so much that you wanna cheapen the deal like hes a scratched fridge at seconds world then perhaps just move on instead to a different target. Hes either passed the medical or he hasnt. If he has, then hes fit.
It’s a dicey one though. Is he fit right now? Yep. Will be seeing him at the World Cup. But what about in six months?...especially with our style of play that requires players to be on it, full pace, which really puts a strain on the body.

Thing is we don’t know the specifics on the knee (almost certainly never will given confidentiality)..three months ago he got a contusion on his knee and was out for six weeks. If there is a vulnerability there I can’t see us proceeding any further. As I said though if it was me with 53 million in my pocket id pay it as he looks the business. It’s a very difficult position to fill so I’d take the risk.

Foz

Bench
I recorded a show on One of the Fox channels about Footballs Greatest Players and this week it just happened to be on King Kenny.
Think it was Bein sports if not it was ESPN.
Anyway brought back some great memories.
I still can’t believe how he could do player manager and still win footballer of the year twice.Not sure if they repeat it(normally shows on Fox get shown a few times)but worth watching especially if you’d never seen Kenny play.To think at the time nobody thought we could replace Kevin Keegan and we ended up with this guy.Blessed.

Also for all you supporters LFC TV has the Chester pre season on live Saturday night at 11.00pm.

Latest posts