What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

yamba rlfc?

nqcowboy87

Bench
im looking at possibly moving to yamba and i was wondering if there is a senior grade side there i cant sem to find one if not what would be the closest (i dont feel like going all the way to grafton)

Flapper

First Grade
Beaten, but yeah it's Lower Clarence. Otherwise, if you don't want to go to Grafton, maybe Evans Head might be your other option.

Last edited:
i almost moved to Iluka/Ballina a few weeks back which is right around the corner from yamba
used to go up there for holidays all the time, awesome places

Spike

First Grade
Out of Maclean which would be about 5-10ks from Yamba. It would be considered the local team

Spike

First Grade
I'd imagine buses would run between Yamba and Maclean. Or you buy a canoe and and can of solo and power your way up the river

Sharktooth

Juniors
Lower Clarence Rugby League Club holds its training sessions mainly at Maclean which is 17km from Yamba. Home games are played both at Maclean and Yamba. There are plenty of players who live in Yamba and travel for training. I'm sure once you get here someone will put up their hand to give you a lift. People are pretty friendly around the area.

MacDougall

First Grade
You'll be playing alongside some of Daine Laurie's cousins. It's an excellent comp up there. Everyone gets into the Lower vs. Ghosts battle and the Rebels have kinda become the Rhinos now and the Rhinos vs. Lower and Rhinos vs. Ghosts have absorbed the rivalry. A lot of the players live in Yamba like Sharktooth said. I'm sure you'd have no trouble getting a ride to training in Maclean.

I used to play for the Grafton Ghosts. You're now my enemy. :lol:

no name

Coach
You'll be playing alongside some of Daine Laurie's cousins. It's an excellent comp up there. Everyone gets into the Lower vs. Ghosts battle and the Rebels have kinda become the Rhinos now and the Rhinos vs. Lower and Rhinos vs. Ghosts have absorbed the rivalry. A lot of the players live in Yamba like Sharktooth said. I'm sure you'd have no trouble getting a ride to training in Maclean.

I used to play for the Grafton Ghosts. You're now my enemy. :lol:
The two Grafton teams are no longer in the same comp, they went down to Group 2 (Coffs comp).
And South Grafton went back to being the Rebels again in 2013.

From what I hear, Lower Clarence could really use the numbers, they have struggled over the last few years.

Edit: LOL, I just realised this thread was from 2009

Latest posts