What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YEAR 12 HSC Thread!!

Raider_69

Post Whore
my eagle eye said:
Hey raiduh you don't need a UAI to pump gas or collect trolleys btw.

guess you would know ;-)

Good scores holc, except your physics, i herd thats a prick of a corse thou

Cowboys Fan, what in particular are you having troubles with in IPT, im pretty good at it (despite my mark :lol: )and i might be able to help. Its all theory based which is boring but it pretty easy for me

Craigshark

First Grade
Im in year 11, my subjects are and half yearly marks -
Maths 2U Advanced - 37% #-o
Standard English - 76%
IPT - 54% :|
SLR - 88%
Hospitality - 73%
Business Studies - 71%

They were pretty hard, and people say Year 11 is harder then Year 12, is that true?
By the way, IPT is pretty hard aye, i dont get half of the crap, obviously by my half yearly result..

Raider_69

Post Whore
Year 12 and 11 are basically the same, just different stuff
geez, i got 84% in my half yearly in IPT, but i stuied for those, didnt have time to study for my trial HSC :?

choc_soldier

Coach
OK, we are showing off our marks - right!

2 Unit Contemporary English - 76%
2 Unit Maths - 63%
2 Unit Physics - <30% :lol:
2 Unit Economics - 55%
1 Unit General Studies - 50%
2 Unit Geography - 65%
3 Unit Geography - 64%

Panthers_Gurl

First Grade
ill only tell ya my best scores
legal studies 67%
business studies 72%
:lol: :lol: others where not to great :lol:

felix

Juniors
Phillips said:
yr 11 & 12 were the easiest grades since Pre-School :clap:
agree with you there, the new hsc is a joke. what do you learn from just cramming in facts to regurgitate in the exam

Phillips

Referee
felix said:
Phillips said:
agree with you there, the new hsc is a joke. what do you learn from just cramming in facts to regurgitate in the exam

i dont even study for my exams :lol:

dougthelegend

Juniors
i didnt finish my HSC at the first go, so im doing it a couple of subjects at a time by distance education this time, this year im doing Advanced English, averaging about 80% atm, dont know how i'll go in the HSC this year though...i hate exams, im always good at assignments, but exams - not so good....:lol:

Jess

Juniors
parra_panther said:
mullet said:
AND GRAMMER IS IMPORTANT

How ironic. :lol:

Sorry... ;-)

Hahaha I got a chuckle out of that..

I had to put in my subject selections for next year today, I feel inferior in the nerd stakes considering everyone in here seems to have done Physics or IPT :lol:

Dani

Immortal
felix said:
Phillips said:

you hit the nail on the head there!

this year i've been doing really well in english, havent gooten below an 'A' for any essays and i got 94% on my mid year exam...but the rest of my subjects...thats an entirely different story

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
UAI's are stupid and they make me upset. i did well in all my subject but because of the 'nature' of the subjects i picked i did crap in the uai!!

i did
Advanced English (8th in class :D cos there were 9 of us :D :D )
General Maths (cos numbers make me dizzy, (3rd in class)
Art (don't ask :( )
Music (1st, Hell Yea!! 8) )
Modern History (lol, i did better then my friend who handed in a major assignment spelling Adolf Hitler, "Adolph" Hitler)
Sport Life and Rec (Equal 1st with my best mate, all we did was played volleyball and soccer and attack each other, it more served as a break from other subjects then a subject itself)

ahhh school, how i miss it

good luck all who are doing it this year, you'll be :arrow: 8)

SirShire

First Grade
Anyone doing 2 unit mathematics or Ext 1:

With 'the sign of the quadratic function' (discriminants)

Can you clarify this?

for a positive definite the discriminate = b2-4ac < 0 (min value is > 0)

for a negative definite the discriminate = b2-4ac (max value is < 0)

for an indefinite function the discriminate = b2-4ac > 0 (2 real and distinct roots??)

OR the discriminate = b2-4ac >> 0 (real roots????)

NOTE : >> = greater or equal to

for functions woith one root, the discriminate is b2-4ac = 0 (Only 1 real root, equal roots)

I am particularly confused aobut the ones in bold. any help would be muchly appreciated.

incredible_holc

Juniors
i did it and could help you but i forgot the stuff

ok it comes from the quadratic equation: (-b +/- √b2 - 4ac)/2a

it means that if that bit under the square root is + it has real roots as its possible
if its below 0 its not possible as there is no such thing as a square root of a -
if its 0 the roots are equal

oh its used of the equations ax2 + bx + c

SirShire

First Grade
Sick Holc, cheers.

But what is the difference between

for an indefinite function the discriminate = b2-4ac > 0 (2 real and distinct roots??)

OR the discriminate = b2-4ac >> 0 (real roots????)

Say you get a questioon asking about the nature of the roots, and it is say 8, with is both > o and >> 0

Would the nature of the roots be 2 real and distinct roots (> 0)or just real roots ( >> 0)

Latest posts