What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yes another Ben Ikin thread

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Turned the TV off at the 10 minute mark tonight in the Cowboys vs Newcastle game. I always gave this guy the BOD with commentating, but in the first 6 minutes i reckon he orgasimed 6 times over the Cowboys, Bowen this Thurston that, Carl this Carl that...had enough of his BS Queensland sh*t.

Yes we all know they are quality players and a credit to there state, but we dont need it rammed down our throats every single time they play, we know.

And yes Ben, we are also aware of the 22 or so line breaks this year by Bowen. FMD i'd go as far and say that i prefer Walters and thats a big call!

Master Vippo

Juniors
He is a fool. Gus often makes his opinions look foolish. Hes ok on the sideline, he gets very hyped up, but stay out of the box.

Big Pete

Referee
The thing that annoys me and I'd like to say for most others is the fact he pisses in way too many players pockets.

Tonight it was Bowen, Thurston, Payne and Buderus this and that. He never offers any good insight and he just comes accross as an amature. I know commentators like players develop but honestly, Ikin has no potential what so ever and should stick to the sideline...maybe?

Big Pete

Referee
Graham had a superb game but no you barely heard about it.

It was all: Thurston, Bowen and Payne for the Cowboys. Buderus, Kidly and Paterson for Knights. It's as if he doesn't dare state anything interesting, he's just a casual fan.

Shorty

Staff member
I'd say he's at his worst with the Broncos.
Has he ever had an all Sydney game?

Jono078

Referee
Big Pete said:
Graham had a superb game but no you barely heard about it.

It was all: Thurston, Bowen and Payne for the Cowboys. Buderus, Kidly and Paterson for Knights. It's as if he doesn't dare state anything interesting, he's just a casual fan.
How could you forget Carl Webb! :shock:

All he ever went on about is if Carl Webb looked at him he'd sh*t himself :roll:

Ikin's a joke of a commentator... Beleive you me... :x

Big Pete

Referee
Jono078 said:
How could you forget Carl Webb! :shock:

All he ever went on about is if Carl Webb looked at him he'd sh*t himself :roll:

Ikin's a joke of a commentator... Beleive you me... :x

:lol: All you can do is shake your head really.

Once Dead

Bench
Ok, so we all know that Ikin, Tallis and co. are pedestrian behind the microphone so how about getting some identities from the English league over to do some commentating.......I for one, would like to see McCrae back, the guy is smart and knows how things work.....maybe a little transfer of talent ala Russell Smith?

Shorty

Staff member
To his defence though,isn't he dating Wayne Bennet's daughter?
Or is that Lockyer?

Anyway,then you could sort of see why he'd suck up to the Broncos...not that it excuses it!

Azkatro

First Grade
Ash Graham has been our best outside back for the past month at least. And Carl Webb has stepped up in the last few weeks as well.

Adam MacDougall surprised me actually. You would expect him to be biased but he actually made a comment late in the game saying that Brian Smith will be disappointed that the Knights weren't able to capitalise on the piggybacks they'd been getting. As you imagine I'm sitting there thinking the Cowboys were getting the rough end of the stick, and then you have a current player of the opposition team concurring! :lol:

Also MacDougall was the only one who actually noticed Jason Smith's eyes were closed when that try got disallowed for a supposed knock-on. It was like a couple of hyped up lunatics commentating and then suddenly a comment from normality stepped in every now and again.

Doesn't bode well for Vossy and Ikin when a bloke like Adam MacDougall sounds like a genius next to them ..

Latest posts