What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yes another Ben Ikin thread

Noa

First Grade
When Ikin first started on 9 I thought he was OK, nows he's just full of hyperbole, cliches and brown nosing.

Slightly OT but I hope a league broadcaster gives Mark McLinden a call when he comes back to OZ. One of the more articulate and intelligent footballers Ive seen on T.V.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Glad others picked up the fact he was removing his pants every time Bowen got near the ball.

He is woeful, he wouldn't even consider 1 of the easier to spot obstructions of the year by Webb as being one FFS

DownUnder

Coach
Shorty said:
To his defence though,isn't he dating Wayne Bennet's daughter?
Or is that Lockyer?

Anyway,then you could sort of see why he'd suck up to the Broncos...not that it excuses it!

Ikin is Wayne's son-in-law.

Johns Magic

Referee
Azkatro said:
Ash Graham has been our best outside back for the past month at least. And Carl Webb has stepped up in the last few weeks as well.

Adam MacDougall surprised me actually. You would expect him to be biased but he actually made a comment late in the game saying that Brian Smith will be disappointed that the Knights weren't able to capitalise on the piggybacks they'd been getting. As you imagine I'm sitting there thinking the Cowboys were getting the rough end of the stick, and then you have a current player of the opposition team concurring! :lol:

Also MacDougall was the only one who actually noticed Jason Smith's eyes were closed when that try got disallowed for a supposed knock-on. It was like a couple of hyped up lunatics commentating and then suddenly a comment from normality stepped in every now and again.

Doesn't bode well for Vossy and Ikin when a bloke like Adam MacDougall sounds like a genius next to them ..

Doogs goes well as a commentator I reckon. Ever since he got injured he's done a good job.

didn't ben ikin say that bowen's knock on from dummy half (which wasn't called but was clearly a knock on) wasn't a knock on?

thats all i saw of the game, flicked it over and that incident happened and ikin wouldn't call it a knock even after coss said SO THATS NOT A KNOCK ON? put it back to the a-league game

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Can channel 9 do them and the rest of the planet a favour and put down Ben Ikin, most annoying gerbil in sports commentry today.

beave

Coach
He annoys the $hit out of me, hows the comment last night on Ty Williams knee "you definetly need that cartilege in the knee".............. No F@%$ing $hit captain obvious.

realredhillboy

Juniors
beave said:
He annoys the $hit out of me, hows the comment last night on Ty Williams knee "you definetly need that cartilege in the knee".............. No F@%$ing $hit captain obvious.
thats gold... maybe people should do a list of ikin quotes:lol:

Shorty

Staff member
beave said:
Oh dear that was awful,I smacked my hand on my forehead when they were talking about that.

'He'll be glad in 50 years time'
Oh you don't say:roll:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
beave said:

Unbelievable:lol:

Charlie124

First Grade
As much as i love Matty Bowen, even i was getting sick of his name with Ikins constant brown nosing of him. Ikin should really just stick to.....actually he should just stop commentating all together.

nqboy

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
Turned the TV off at the 10 minute mark tonight in the Cowboys vs Newcastle game. I always gave this guy the BOD with commentating, but in the first 6 minutes i reckon he orgasimed 6 times over the Cowboys, Bowen this Thurston that, Carl this Carl that...had enough of his BS Queensland sh*t.

Yes we all know they are quality players and a credit to there state, but we dont need it rammed down our throats every single time they play, we know.

And yes Ben, we are also aware of the 22 or so line breaks this year by Bowen. FMD i'd go as far and say that i prefer Walters and thats a big call!
It's your fault for not realising sooner what a dud Bennikins is. There's been enough warnings on here about it.

First thing I did when I heard his voice was reach for the Mute button. I had to laugh about the Qld bias thing though, after years of sitting through your pathetic lot down there.

was watching the sunday footy show and after 10 minutes I turned it off, I am not watching either Thursday or Sunday anymore. Havn't seen Thursday in years and now after seeing ben ikin talking about 'EXCITEMENT' I can't bare to watch anymore.

pantherlove

Juniors
My mrs Can't stand him. He's the reason why she wont watch the footy with me. :(
He has the insight of a gnat. Deadset if he wasn't boning Bennet's daughter would he have the job?

Shorty

Staff member
pantherlove said:
My mrs Can't stand him. He's the reason why she wont watch the footy with me. :(
He has the insight of a gnat. Deadset if he wasn't boning Bennet's daughter would he have the job?
One has to wonder if he's like this all the time,I'm sure Bennet's daughter hears enough about football as it is.

pantherlove

Juniors
Shorty said:
One has to wonder if he's like this all the time,I'm sure Bennet's daughter hears enough about football as it is.

I wonder if he asks her if she thought that he's performance was as good as Bowens try on friday night? :lol:

Munky

Coach
How bad was Ikin tonight

"The Bulldogs are shot," They score off the current set

5 minutes later

"The Bulldogs are tired," They score of the same set.

Latest posts