What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

York City Knights 38 - Leeds Rhinos 24

bartman

Immortal
Saw my first live game for the year today... Sure it was a friendly, and sure Leeds fielded their reserve team, except for cameos by Marcus Bai, Willie Poching, Nick Scruton, Wayne McDonald.

But I'll be bold and say York will (finally) win the NL2 this year with daylight second. :D.

Good showing by Peter Fox on the wing (3 tries), Dan Potter in the centres, David Bates (IRE) in the forwards, the Thorman brothers and Chris Levy in the halves, and old Lee Jackson paired with Jim Elston at dummy half. Young fullback for Leeds - Lee Smith - stood out as a good prospect as well.

Happy New Year to all!

playdaball

Bench
V . Good result for York. Lovely city and it is great that they have a decent RL side once again. Is Peter Fox related to his namesake?

JasonE

Bench
Fantastic result for York, York also had a young team out so Leeds can't use that as their excuse.
Bartman, is it true that Peter Fox gave the Rhinos coaching staff the two fingers V after he scored one of his trys ?
Fox was recently sent out on loan to York.
How did the Thorman brothers go ?

check out the player profile on Lee Smith on my website, just click on his picture.

bartman

Immortal
Playdaball - I don't think so, but he might be related - b. 1984, a York Acorn junior before Leeds Academy.

JasonE - top website! It was Lee Smith's defence that impressed me yesterday, so if his attack is as good as that he's going to be a great one to watch develop for sure. To the Leeds youngsters' credit York gave it everything and played their best squad (except for 3 injured players).

I didn't see the victory sign, but I was on the other corner to where Fox was scoring in the second half, which was alongside the coaches and dugouts. He had a great game, so he'd be right to rub it in a bit if there was any remaining bitterness!

They played Paul Thorman as first half stand-off and then Neil as second half, both alongside Chris Levy. They both went well - Paul looks to have a lot of individual skill and kicking game, but Neil looked to combine better with the players around him for mine. Could have also been down to different dummy halves - Jim Elston with Paul in first half, and Lee Jackson with Neil? Both were good, but the consistency from Lee in delevering good attacking ball in the second half seemed a step up.