What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You can now officially NOT write the Roosters off

OVP

Coach
Jamie Soward has broken an ankle at training and reports say he'll miss either a month or the rest of the season. Noone is exactly sure yet, but if its the season then its bye-bye to the Roosters for this year.

Source : 2ky big sports breakfast

EDIT : Latest update from the Roosters website ... its only a month he'll be out for.

gregstar

Referee
why write them off?

finch & wing in the halves are still capable - you still have a good team
cheer up you latte-sipping, bondi-swimming, shampoo-selling ponce! ;-)

OVP

Coach
gregstar said:
why write them off?

cheer up you latte-sipping, bondi-swimming, shampoo-selling ponce! ;-)

We have no chance with Finch-Wing you Illawarra socks wearing gaybo ;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Even I won't write the Rooters off right now, but losing Sowey is a pretty big blow. I'm predicting them being knocked out finals W1 if they don't come 9th.

Mr Saab

Referee
soward has played what? 3-4 games all yr? Roosters will still be very competitive without hiim.

OVP said:
We have no chance with Finch-Wing you Illawarra socks wearing gaybo ;-)

Disagree OVP. If anything Wing and Finch can settle into those positions now. No more chopping or changing. We are only 2 points from 4th spot, anyone would be foolish to write us off.

Kid

Juniors
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Highly unlikely. Coming out of retirement for the week in week out grind of NRL wasn't on Freddys' mind last time i saw him interviewed. Besides he hasn't done any training.

OVP

Coach
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Disagree OVP. If anything Wing and Finch can settle into those positions now. No more chopping or changing. We are only 2 points from 4th spot, anyone would be foolish to write us off.

Im not writing us off for the 8, we'll still make that ... but i cant see us winning. I truly believe we may have had a slim chance with Soward there, but Finch wasnt good enough to win it when we had Freddy, how is he going to be good enough with Wing there ? Wing cant playmake. Maybe Rovelli might get a shot, but still im praying its only a month he misses. Soward's pinpoint kicking game will be crucial in the semis. We cant afford to have Finch kicking down the fullback's throat all game long, thats why Jamie is so important imo.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think you might be giving the bloke a little too much credit there mate. He's a good player but for crying out loud the little bloke only just won a Flegg Grand Final and now you think he can steer a FG NRL team to the premiership? I think you're pushing it a bit.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
they're not the same side without freddy anyway and werent serious contenders this year regardless of whether soward plays or not. dont worry, you've still got firman

gregstar

Referee
OVP said:
Gregstar said:
Originally Posted by gregstar
why write them off?

cheer up you latte-sipping, bondi-swimming, shampoo-selling ponce!

We have no chance with Finch-Wing you Illawarra socks wearing gaybo
LOL!

Stagger eel

Staff member
it's a bit sad that a club with the luxery of up to 10 current and former rep players are written off by their own fans becuase one of their young guns has suffered a serious injury.

gregstar

Referee
eelavation said:
it's a bit sad that a club with the luxury of up to 10 current and former rep players are written off by their own fans becuase one of their young guns has suffered a serious injury.
quite right
saints are screwed without head ;-)

The Roosters are far from screwed without Soward. It is there defence that will win big games. They still have about 20 points per game in the side. They just need to keep teams to less than 20 and they will win most games.

Defence and attitude.

Latest posts