What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You go girls

Nutz

Bench
Haha! Just had that opportunity to throw that one in. I'm sure some others on your Forum would have done the same.
Yeh but they are real strange lads. Ha ha.
Did you read the WT forum in contract rumours that we are in a good position to score RCG.
I'm up and down with this as we should take the stance that you guys have and that is a no to 3 years.
Maybe 2 + club option.??

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I don't really think that actually played that big a part in it, while they did come from the Dogs they only played there for a year. So they have both been at the dragons longer then they were with the dogs.
There has been a recurring theme of our best players leaving under Sowards watch, whether that is entirely on him or the lack of interest shown in the womans space as a whole by the club I don't know. I suspect it is a bit of both but the fact that Kezie Apps who was the heart and soul of the club who was also heavily entrenched as an ambassador chose to up and leave instead of staying under sowie probably says it all.

They have a strong nursery in the Illawarra and the Dragons side while lacking any stars are showing more consistency this year, they should be the priority moving forward and finding a coaching team that can nurture and progress those girls while bringing in a few marquee experienced players to lead them.
That's the way to go moving forward.
It's well known that there were issues with how Soward communicated with the players, that's why the majority left like Kezzie, Tonegato, Pearson etc

Dragon David

First Grade
Yeh but they are real strange lads. Ha ha.
Did you read the WT forum in contract rumours that we are in a good position to score RCG.
I'm up and down with this as we should take the stance that you guys have and that is a no to 3 years.
Maybe 2 + club option.??
No I haven't read that in your WT Forum, Nutz. I have seen write ups on that possibility on Fox sports news though. Same dramas we have had with him. He would be a good pick up for you guys no doubt. Your forwards and backs will be very formidable. Even without him you should do well next year, I have no doubt.