What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You have to laugh (Craig Wing)

Underdog

Juniors
I saw both stories and thought it to be pretty funnny! The footage of the vigorous training had Wing & Henin side stepping between witches hats! Didn't look like he was in any bother what so ever. :^o

Anonymous

Juniors
Last year the Bulldogs rested a number of players and copped heaps from other supporters. Moffo made up all sorts of excuses.
But I have to say that after Barrett got injured in last years Sevens, I had to agree that its not worth risking your best players. He came back but he was never right and ended out for the season.
Its a great tournament but its based on pace off the mark... and I'm sure there are plenty of reserve graders who will fill in adequately.

Kaz

junior
The 7's is just a money making event for the NRL, & the clubs get nothing.

All the winners get is $100,000. (Big deal)

Well it is a big deal if your club is broke. :lol: :lol:

Underdog

Juniors
Willow said:
Last year the Bulldogs rested a number of players and copped heaps from other supporters. Moffo made up all sorts of excuses.
But I have to say that after Barrett got injured in last years Sevens, I had to agree that its not worth risking your best players. He came back but he was never right and ended out for the season.
Its a great tournament but its based on pace off the mark... and I'm sure there are plenty of reserve graders who will fill in adequately.

I can't blame a club for protecting its players. Its more about telling the truth. I would have no problem with the Roosters coming out and saying they are not playing Wing because they don't want him to risk him getting injuried.

Underdog, at this stage, the Roosters haven't said anything. It's just a report from another server. I've checked the official Roosters site and there is no report there. In fact, I don't think that the Roosters have named the squad yet?

Kaz

junior
Danish Moo Cow said:
How many times has Brisbane won this event?

No wonder they think it's not worth winning.

We haven't won it.

But we don't need the money. :D

Just winning the SL Grand Final & World Cup challenge in 1997, made my club a cool 2 million dollars.

Which the club then gave 1 million to the players.

Were in the MONEY.

Well you guys did start Super League. It's fitting you were the only ones to win anything in it.

Not that many outside of Brisbane considers it worthy.

melon....

Coach
Penelope Pittstop said:
Underdog, at this stage, the Roosters haven't said anything. It's just a report from another server. I've checked the official Roosters site and there is no report there. In fact, I don't think that the Roosters have named the squad yet?
Is this an rleague "article"? .....what do you expect. Ask them to write about Morley's failed visa application that sees him named to run on for the Salford Old Boys in March...Im sure the editor is checking the spelling now. :roll:

melon.... said:
Is this an rleague "article"? .....what do you expect. Ask them to write about Morley's failed visa application that sees him named to run on for the Salford Old Boys in March...Im sure the editor is checking the spelling now. :roll:

:lol:

Underdog

Juniors
Penelope Pittstop said:

Original post was because I actually saw the story in yesterday's Sun Herald as well as the footage on Sports Tonight of Wing side- stepping around a tennis court.

My last post was intended for any team I just used the Roosters as an example because of this. I could have or maybe should have said I can't blame any team for resting star players from the 7's tournament as long as they tell it as it is.

Wing played three Tests with the injury so it's not that bad at all. But the season opener and the NRL premiership proper are higher priorities than the 7's.

The Colonel

Immortal
Given that many clubs are likely to stand down a lot of their star players due to "injury" I don't see what the big fuss is. :lol:

- half the Dragons squad will have pulled out through legitimate injury
:mrgreen:
- Parramatta may be likley not to risk Hindmarsh
- Kimmorley, Vagana and Peachey are too important to the Sharks to risk on a whim and a prayer.
- Johns at the 7's? Unlikely give that is where he aggravated his groin last year.
- Brisbane won't play their stars.
- Slater and Hill won't be seen for Melbourne...

ozzie

Bench
and to think the 7's mean a lot - i mean - how many people know who won last year...more the point - who cares???

I bet all the money went to their JUNIORS - :lol: :lol: - or did it go to the nearest publican??

Kaz

junior
The Broncos take the 7's seriously.

One year we made the Semi's & we were beaten so that meant we couldn't get into the final.

By the time the Final was on the Broncos players were back in Brisbane. :lol:

The club had booked the flights weeks in advance. :lol: :lol:

Moffo

Referee
Rooster Cogburn. said:
How can you compare a 5 minute stretch with a proper game of 7's? Moffo you are struggling. :roll:

First (and this is dependent on the condition that this is an actual story and not made up rubbish), why don't Easts just come out and say that they don't want Wing playing? He said he can only run 'straight lines'.... what a crock of shit, i saw what he was doing on the news

If its true...then it is truly a case of :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o

If its not, then, would any of us be surprised? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dont get the standing down of players argument. If you are going to do it a game that is less physically demanding (ie: less tackling that is the world 7s), then why wouldnt you use the reggies in ALL your warm up games???

It wasn't Rooster bashing Phin. And yes, i have no social life because i post up an comment questioning an article :-k :-k

Cheers,
Moffo

Moffo said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
How can you compare a 5 minute stretch with a proper game of 7's? Moffo you are struggling. :roll:

First (and this is dependent on the condition that this is an actual story and not made up rubbish), why don't Easts just come out and say that they don't want Wing playing? He said he can only run 'straight lines'.... what a crock of sh*t, i saw what he was doing on the news

If its true...then it is truly a case of :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o

If its not, then, would any of us be surprised? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dont get the standing down of players argument. If you are going to do it a game that is less physically demanding (ie: less tackling that is the world 7s), then why wouldnt you use the reggies in ALL your warm up games???

It wasn't Rooster bashing Phin. And yes, i have no social life because i post up an comment questioning an article :-k :-k

Cheers,
Moffo

Who cares?

Latest posts