What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know what sh*ts me?

87eelman

Juniors
Hindy played in 2 grand finals throughout a career of pure heart, passion and pride. With over 300 games for the 1 club, not only is he a great of the game but arguably one of the best players to not win a trophy. Yet krisnan inu, a guy who has built a career on sporadic moments of magic and what can only be described as a 'I really couldn't be bothered' attitude, can quite possibly bè lining up for a 3rd grand final in 4 years with 3 different clubs . . . What a joke.

bartman

Immortal
He's had better coaches during those four years I guess.... Anderson, Cleary and Hasler for Inu, versus Anderson and Kearney for Hindy?

And by that I mean that's the price you pay for loyalty and contribution to one club no matter what versus taking risks/opportunities.

Runaround Man

Juniors
Life isn't always 'fair'.

Some people just bounce through life without giving a sh*t and just land on their feet - that is Inu. He is good to watch though. Whenever Inu is in a competitive team he fires up. When it is all too hard he just cruises - very different philosophy to Hindy.

The Colonel

Immortal
If premierships were easily won they wouldn't be worth winning. A shame but plenty if great players miss out.

Kornstar

Coach
If premierships were easily won they wouldn't be worth winning. A shame but plenty if great players miss out.

Yep and it shouldn't take that into account when judging whether they are the "the greatest ever" either!

If Hindy is our greatest Eel ever, whether he won a premiership is irrelevant imo........does that mean the Sharks have never had a great player?

He is at least on par with Price, Sterlo, Kenny, Cronin, Grothe, Thornett etc. he is my greatest because I saw him the most but I think if Hayne gets a decent coach (Ricky may be that), decent team and most importantly stays, I think he might hands down be the best ever........

bartman

Immortal
Hayne has amazing potential, and is still so young.

The next two years are really Hayne's time to ready himself for the rest of his career, and hopefully having a coach like Ricky will allow him to find his very best (which I think is still yet to be seen).

Hindy and Hayne (should he stay) deserve their places among the Eels' best.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Life is not a fairy tale. Shit happens. As far as I am concerned, we won in 2009. Record books might say otherwise.

Kornstar

Coach
Life is not a fairy tale. Shit happens. As far as I am concerned, we won in 2009. Record books might say otherwise.

Even though we didn't win I am completely of the opinion that we were cheated out of a deserved premiership!

We destroyed all challengers on the way except a f*cking dirty, disgusting, cheating team.........to add insult to injury the f*cking dog referees completely changed the way they had policed the ruck all year to allow Melbourne to wrestle us out of the game..........

I don't have a problem "that" penalty but I have a major issue with the way they ref'd the entire game........it wasn't our fault that they suspended Smith from the previous GF because he is a grubby player, yet we got punished!!

They also seem to be on their way to another premiership to make up for stripping them of their previously tainted ones.........

emjaycee

Coach
Hindy played in 2 grand finals throughout a career of pure heart, passion and pride. With over 300 games for the 1 club, not only is he a great of the game but arguably one of the best players to not win a trophy. Yet krisnan inu, a guy who has built a career on sporadic moments of magic and what can only be described as a 'I really couldn't be bothered' attitude, can quite possibly bè lining up for a 3rd grand final in 4 years with 3 different clubs . . . What a joke.

Apart from wanting to vent your spleen, I don't actually understand the comparison you are trying to draw. 2 different players, 2 different careers, 2 different paths taken = 2 different results.

Nothing to do with coaches, skills, attitude or anything else other than Inu took a chance on changing clubs for either money or what he perceived to be an improved chance to win a premiership. Hiney decided to stay put. Do you think Hindmarsh couldn't have moved to a different club or do you think maybe he was comfortable staying put.

His choice, his bed, his result.
Doesnt change the legacy he leaves behind at Parra.

Packy

Bench
I didn't really know much about Inu but he certainly had that aura of lazy. Now that he is at my team and I watch him closely and see him on social media, I reckon he might just be the most chilled dude in the world. He seems to be a big kid. I have noticed the aggression he has added to his game and I love it. He's always had moments of that but he's doing it week in now. It was good to see him against Matai.

I didn't really know much about Inu but he certainly had that aura of lazy. Now that he is at my team and I watch him closely and see him on social media, I reckon he might just be the most chilled dude in the world. He seems to be a big kid. I have noticed the aggression he has added to his game and I love it. He's always had moments of that but he's doing it week in now. It was good to see him against Matai.

he has always been a big kid i was sorry to see him go to the warriors especially when he was dropped

its great to see him living up to his potential at the doggies maybe you can give him the grand final win he was cheated out of in 2009

Packy

Bench
Well if we can there are a few others out there that might deserve one too. Especially the guy this thread is about.