What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know you just have to admit it.

Quigs

Immortal
If you follow rugby league then in my opinion you have just got to admit that the Pennies are one of the greatest sides ever. I know I am and I have followed league closely for well over 56 years.

To win four in a row is just amazing in this era of the Salary Cap.

Every year after winning the Panthers have lost players because of the cap yet they just bounce back producing another local to fill the spots. How many St Mary's juniors were in the side yesterday. Five wasn't it.

And this win and the previous three victories were in 16 / 17 team competitions.

When you look back and consider the great Souths side and their run of five GFs in a row (winning four lost in 69) back in the late 60s early 70s it was in a twelve team competition.

Look even further back to St George's run of 11 straight in the 50's and 60's it was a 10 side competition with unlimited tackle rule. (No 4 or 6 tackles)

Yep the Panthers are incomparable rugby league champions and most of us will not see a run like this again. You have just got to admit how brilliant they are and have been.

Pssst and I was going for the Storm.

Agree.
The greatest team I've seen in my lifetime. Good on them, the way their systems are makes it look like they'll be up the top for a very long time.
They have changed how clubs should be organised to get continued success.
Massive congrats to them!

Craigshark

First Grade
Penrith and Melbourne are so far in front of every other team at just the basics. I mean just the basics, holding the ball, catch and pass, kicking.. all the very minor things you get taught in under 7’s. Even captains challenge, they get it right almost every time, it’s not a toss of the coin. Then they throw it away at the end when it suits them to have a rest. It all comes down to discipline. I’ve never really thought Penrith's attack is actually that great. They just continually break down teams and then know they’ll score from tiring the other team out.

Reactions: PJ

Latest posts