What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You wanna thug...heres a thug.

innsaneink

Referee
Foxsports said:
Roos facing two felons
By Dean Ritchie and wires
October 19, 2004

TWO convicted criminals who served nine months' detention in England have been named named in the Great Britain Tri-Nations rugby league squad.

Prop Ryan Bailey and winger Chev Walker - both members of the Leeds side that defeated Bradford 16-8 in the Super League grand final, were named today in coach Brian Noble's 24-man squad.

Squad292.gif
Squad205.gif

............Bailey.............................Walker

Bailey, 19, and Walker, 20, were sent to jail for violent disorder after an incident outside a Leeds nightclub last year.

The pair were prevented from playing against the Kangaroos last October.

Bailey, a rugged prop without any teeth, may have to wear an electronic tag during the Kangaroos match.

When sentencing, Judge Paul Batty, QC, said the violence from the pair which erupted outside the Creation nightclub was "mindless, dangerous and drunken".

http://www.atommedia.net/leedsrugby/leedsrhinos/Squad/squad-page.asp?ID=113

Personal Details :
Ryan says that his happiest place is when he is playing at Headingley with the lads ... his favourite all time sportsman is Mike Tyson ...
Surprise surprise...

the greatest influence on his career is his mum ... and he dislikes cats

Seems Tyson is a bit of an influence on him as well. Though it'd be hard to bite ears off without any teeth.

:lol: :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
i am sure willie mason, webcke, hindmarsh etc will be scared they are playing against ex crims :roll: :roll: :roll:

nqboy

First Grade
I wanted my 1000th post to be special. You know, like a young girl offering her cherry to her true love.

Ah, f*ck it. I've got something to say and I don't want to wait, otherwise, I might get in trouble from Drongovoid for posting late.

And so, (drumroll please) on to my thoughts on this matter.

It's a media beat-up, they've got to write something that will sell papers.

Who gives a shit if they're jailbirds? I'd be more interested in their judiciary records within the game before calling them thugs in this context. Anyone have any info on that?

Broncodroid

Juniors
nqboy said:
JK said:
They did the time - now lets play ball.
Agreed. (Just getting my post count up to annoy Broncodroid.)

Good to see I have no effect on anyone at this site nqboy :roll:

Fact remains this is a post that actually has a purpose given it provides members with useless trivia about the useless pommy team.

Cheers ;-)

mightypanther

Juniors
I'm curious as to how Bailey ended up with no teeth.

He's very young to have lost all of them isn't he.

Did someone knock them all out for him by any chance ???... #-o :lol:

Dogaholic

First Grade
mightypanther,
Did someone knock them all out for him by any chance ???...

My guess is that it probably happened in Jail. So he couldn't bite what he was given :shock: :lol:

melon....

Coach
Tell me how many footballers have been involved in nightclub/bar brawls and been charged, yet dont have their stories plastered on the backpage of the papers. More Gutter journalism from the Telecrap. Rebecca Wilson was probably there and saw it all unfold. :roll:

Azkatro

First Grade
It's the Telegraph (aka News Limited, aka Rupert Murdoch right-wing rubbish). Tabloid first, news second. Oh, truth and fairness is still dropping ... I think it's down to about 27th position on their priority list these days.

hrundi99

First Grade
Azkatro said:
It's the Telegraph (aka News Limited, aka Rupert Murdoch right-wing rubbish). Tabloid first, news second. Oh, truth and fairness is still dropping ... I think it's down to about 27th position on their priority list these days.

Yes only "right-wing" newspapers believe in gutter journalism. :roll:

Go and wash your Che t-shirt, it's starting to smell.

innsaneink said:
Foxsports said:
Roos facing two felons
By Dean Ritchie and wires
October 19, 2004

TWO convicted criminals who served nine months' detention in England have been named named in the Great Britain Tri-Nations rugby league squad.

Prop Ryan Bailey and winger Chev Walker - both members of the Leeds side that defeated Bradford 16-8 in the Super League grand final, were named today in coach Brian Noble's 24-man squad.

Squad292.gif
Squad205.gif

............Bailey.............................Walker

Bailey, 19, and Walker, 20, were sent to jail for violent disorder after an incident outside a Leeds nightclub last year.

The pair were prevented from playing against the Kangaroos last October.

Bailey, a rugged prop without any teeth, may have to wear an electronic tag during the Kangaroos match.

When sentencing, Judge Paul Batty, QC, said the violence from the pair which erupted outside the Creation nightclub was "mindless, dangerous and drunken".

http://www.atommedia.net/leedsrugby/leedsrhinos/Squad/squad-page.asp?ID=113

Personal Details :
Ryan says that his happiest place is when he is playing at Headingley with the lads ... his favourite all time sportsman is Mike Tyson ...
Surprise surprise...

the greatest influence on his career is his mum ... and he dislikes cats

Seems Tyson is a bit of an influence on him as well. Though it'd be hard to bite ears off without any teeth.

:lol: :lol:

Well is Danny Willams Hero is Mike tyson!!!????

Weak Arguement.