What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young Hoppa shocker

Young Hoppa shocker

03 Mar 10 @ 05:14pm

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/young-hoppa-shocker/

EXCLUSIVE

THE son of former Sea Eagles enforcer John Hopoate has been involved in an on-field racial sledging incident in a Harold Matthews Cup match against the Bulldogs.
The Manly Daily can reveal Jamil Hopoate, 16, has been forced to apologise to the Bulldogs player for calling him a “black c--t” during the trial game two weeks ago.
The Sea Eagles last night confirmed the incident and said steps were being taken to counsel the son of the former club firebrand.
“The coach is aware and we’re making sure the kid understands the seriousness of the allegation and he will be issuing an apology,” a club spokesman said.
It’s understood Jamil told the club he was retaliating to a sledge by the Bulldogs player, claiming he called him a “black Asian c--t”.
The promising young player inherited his father’s talent, but will also be forced to wear the same cloak of controversy that saw “Hoppa” become one of rugby league’s most divisive players.
More details of the incident are being sought.

caspersparks

Juniors
i was waiting for the media to start the young hoppa = old hoppa angle..

i thought i would of came when he hit first grade... :roll:

Scarves

Juniors
Words are words, seriously I'm glad society continues to tackle the big issues. Maybe someone should list all the offensive words in a row, give all and sundry the chance to suck it up, then get on with living.

^_^

Juniors
While ur at it get the name of the other play lol their all too happy to splash young Hopoate's name on the news yet wont name the player who started the racial sledging by calling him a "black asian merkin" :x

Young Hop needs to keep his head down and just play footy cause unfortunately his name will always attract this crap.