What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barilaro has been very quiet on Latrell and JAC! You throw the book at somebody for lying about a Tik Tok video, but say nothing about lying about a social camping trip with illegal firearms and motorbike riding being a “cultural” event. He is too scared to be politically incorrect and treat them the same way!

I saw that too.

But despite the yobbo element, the trip could have had some cultural aspects somewhere. I don’t know. It seemed to be just aboriginal people attending. That is probably helpful to that argument.

But I’ve seen some of the sacred aboriginal places with good stories and legends. Places that ban women. I will put up a post about it. Interesting.

If he did hold back on the those grounds and it was political posturing, then he shouldn’t have gone Nate. I doubt lm and jac would think they are more worthy than Nate.

But the gun thing was wrong for sure. Just too dangerous. Those who know guns well, they know their power and danger. They are not for everyone. I’ve only met people who have been shot and a couple who have shot people and done time. Not good and neither classes are gun friendly these days!

I’ve just read the deputy premiers comments again, they are deliberate, targeted by name and he called for his season to be over.

It came across as very personal and in my opinion, hateful.

The government are big sponsors of the nrl, this is interference of the strongest order. Close or is a contempt of the process.

I read somewhere than nathan said he wasn’t asked about things. Right to silence thing I guess.

Gladys more sensibly chimed in later with a much much softer comment about all people.

He must not be suspended or it will erode our faith in the process.

Posters here can find out more google “ contempt of court” and see if you think the principle applies to the nrl decision makers. I think so.

I hope he fights it all the way.

531BD4A1-7A66-4CA7-B5EF-9B88DB3FBC33.jpeg
This is one of the sacred aboriginal sites I was mentioning before.

Its an ancient initiation site for guys and even to this day, women are not allowed to swim there. So the women I was with at the time, they could not swim there. Even though I am not indigenous I was allowed under the cultural rules. So that was lucky!

We cleaned it up a bit because disrespectful people had left some trash around the sides.

Once you start learning about other cultures it can be pretty interesting and thought provoking. It’s about sharing difference not a fight for supremacy of ideas.

It would be good to learn from Latrell about his area.

Last edited:
The decision to suspend him for two games was about right.

I am pleased that the nrl did not succumb to too much pressure.

But the fine was too much and upsetting and I don’t know why May was dragged into it.

snickers007

Juniors
The decision to suspend him for two games was about right.

I am pleased that the nrl did not succumb to too much pressure.

But the fine was too much and upsetting and I don’t know why May was dragged into it.

Pretty sure May got dragged into it because he backed up Cleary's web of lies to the NRL Integrity Unit.
Probably not the first time he's taken bullets for his mates.

Pretty sure May got dragged into it because he backed up Cleary's web of lies to the NRL Integrity Unit.
Probably not the first time he's taken bullets for his mates.

I see, thanks for that.

I thought he’d done his time and even though I have personal misgivings about his conduct, he was entitled to play.

I thought he was being picked on unfairly.

I thought I’d tie a bow on the thread and thank everyone for contributing.

To get 2 games was too much after the political inference but the game seemed to stand up for him. The fine however, that was excessive.

Nathan gave an interview during the fracas where he said he:

“wasn’t asked about” the dancing element, I presume then that technically he wasn’t lying then.

We all saw his recent press conference and I thought, honestly, that he was too apologetic about it. He capitulated and grovelled and it was too much for me.

I don’t blame him, he was following orders, but I am not sure that was in his best interests to grow as the leader people want him to be.

He could have said he made a misjudgment and everybody does, apologised once and not a million times.

He was thrown under the bus, fine, but then they drove over him a couple of times too often.

I suppose it’s all done and dusted in one way, but it seems everyone had their way with him and he had to go along.

I don’t think Mitchell Pearce was ever the same player after the dog incident and the hysteria afterwards. I think there’s too much on young Nathan.

I am pretty sure almost every citizen in nsw has broken curfew even accidentally, everyone screws up something.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
I thought I’d tie a bow on the thread and thank everyone for contributing.

To get 2 games was too much after the political inference but the game seemed to stand up for him. The fine however, that was excessive.

Nathan gave an interview during the fracas where he said he:

“wasn’t asked about” the dancing element, I presume then that technically he wasn’t lying then.

We all saw his recent press conference and I thought, honestly, that he was too apologetic about it. He capitulated and grovelled and it was too much for me.

I don’t blame him, he was following orders, but I am not sure that was in his best interests to grow as the leader people want him to be.

He could have said he made a misjudgment and everybody does, apologised once and not a million times.

He was thrown under the bus, fine, but then they drove over him a couple of times too often.

I suppose it’s all done and dusted in one way, but it seems everyone had their way with him and he had to go along.

I don’t think Mitchell Pearce was ever the same player after the dog incident and the hysteria afterwards. I think there’s too much on young Nathan.

I am pretty sure almost every citizen in nsw has broken curfew even accidentally, everyone screws up something.

I have no sympathy for Nathan his actions were dumb and stupid and worthy of the sanctions imposed. What every other citizen may or may not have done is irrelevant. Very disappointing from Nathan and his equally dumb mate Tyrone May.

I have no sympathy for Nathan his actions were dumb and stupid and worthy of the sanctions imposed. What every other citizen may or may not have done is irrelevant. Very disappointing from Nathan and his equally dumb mate Tyrone May.

Fair enough...

I think the deputy premier should pay the fine, nobody could argue his conduct should be rewarded.

Plus he should wear something additional for letting the ship dock.

Kilkenny

Coach
Fair enough...

I think the deputy premier should pay the fine, nobody could argue his conduct should be rewarded.

Plus he should wear something additional for letting the ship dock.

Forget the politics. Seperate issue altogether.

Im only concerned about the actions of one of our own and frankly he was found wanting, lied more than once so in my view lucky to only be given two weeks. Should have and could have been more his actions were brain dead and I just don’t understand how someone in his position given everything around the virus situation could be so stupid. I hope he doesn’t get picked for origin as further punishment it really pisses me off what he did.

Forget the politics. Seperate issue altogether.

Im only concerned about the actions of one of our own and frankly he was found wanting, lied more than once so in my view lucky to only be given two weeks. Should have and could have been more his actions were brain dead and I just don’t understand how someone in his position given everything around the virus situation could be so stupid. I hope he doesn’t get picked for origin as further punishment it really pisses me off what he did.

My opinion:

I disagree, post event, the deputy premier called upon the nrl to wipe him out for the season.

The NSW government exercises considerable power over the NRL and its operations.

The NSW government is in a position to influence the NRL.

The NRL was in a legal position to penalise Nathan arising out of his conduct.

Accordingly, the Deputy Premier speaking on behalf of the government attempted to influence the outcome of a decision making process of the NRL so far as an outcome for a player was concerned.

It was unfair and unjust for the government to attempt to influence and interfere with the process before a penalty had been determined.

It was a complete contempt of the process to attempt to do so.

We have a seperation of powers in NSW and a judicial system we rely upon to check the excesses of government.

This is valuable and important. We do not live in a fascist state (yet). We have a rule of law.

Government has no place interfering with any NRL or other sporting regulatory process.

As a consequence of this pressure, it could be argued that the penalty was influenced by forces external to the process.

This is wrong, unjust and unfair and Nathan’s rights were trampled upon.

The Deputy Premier acted disgracefully and quite ignorantly of law and process.

I assume he did so, as to be popular.

The Premier realised the damage and took a much much softer approach to the issue.

Nobody would want the government interfering with their case before any outcome.