What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young

jc155776

Coach
Played terriffic l;ast night and really really impressed me. Big la dfor a hooker and could be in the number 13.

As a shjarks fan i have never heard of him. Whats all your views?? Played much junior rep stuff, how old is he etc?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
We just re-signed him if thats what you're getting at ;-)

*cue Roopy's view of Mick*

~knights~

Juniors
I've been really impressed wit him this year.

Noticed we scored most of our points when he was on,....not terrence though

perverse

Referee
Johns Magic said:
Absolute cracker of a hairstyle as well :lol:
:lol: yeah took me a while to work out it was young. i thought nigel had slipped on the red and blue... lol...

RABK

Referee
I honestly don't rate him.

Good footballer but certainly not in our top 17 - there is simply no room for Young and Bailey in the pack together with such quality backrowers. Bailey is twice the player and should be in the 08 side ahead of him.

Has the running game of Reegan Tanner too, beautiful 4 metre hit ups before getting axed like a 7 year old girl. He tries hard in defense and rips in, just like Reegan.

What i'm getting at is i don't think he is good as some of you make out.

darkness

Juniors
I have alot of faith in Youngie, I know he is 10 times keener then most guys on the squad, and has a good footy brain. Has an old school mentality and can run all day. He has only just become full time so give him time to reap the benefits of that. But having had a bit to do with him, this year from not knowing him from a bar of soap the year before. I was impressed from day one. Now he has been getting opportunities, he will take them with both hands just like Kidley has and I think it's his time to shine behind a strong pack.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Have watched Newcastle the last 4 or 5 weeks and this guy has stood out for how godawful he is.

I remember the first 4 or 5 times he got in to dummy half, he looked so awkward and I thought "surely this guy can't be there for his distribution, he looks pretty solid so maybe it's his running game".

Then I saw his impotent 3 metre hit ups, and how I knew the opposition were safe every time he got the ball.

Furthermore, looking at his melon, I don't know how old he is, but he deadset looks about 35.

Not a first-grader.

roopy

Referee
Young - what a rollercoaster his career has been.
In about 2002 or 3 he was a David Peachy clone fullback in Flegg with a huge step, speed to burn and the ability to spot a gap like few other players. He was well and truely our best in Flegg.
In 2004 (i think) he stepped up to PL and was still a very decent fullback although not the star he was in Flegg.
I think it was 2005 he played a few games of firstgrade at fullback and was competent without being spectacular - but a couple of weeks after his last game of firstgrade as a fullback he had a ruptured appendix that required emergency lifesaving surgery. After the surgery he had infections etc - and lost 15kg from an already lean frame.
He started 2006 pre-season as a sickly looking kid with no condition on him at all. If he was a racehorse he would have been sent to the knackery.
In the 2006 season he trained harder than just about anyone and in PL played a bit of centre, a bit of 5/8, even a game at halfback, a bit of hooker, and finally a bit of second row.
He was still a bit skinny, but he worked his bum off and had a huge hit in tackles he would pull off a few times a game. He was basically rubbish - but what a trier.
In 2007 he obviously impressed the hell out of Smith with his attitude and hard work, so he has been signed for next season and given plenty of gametime. To me he looks to be getting bigger and stronger by the game. He will tackle anything that moves and take on any role his coach gives him with gusto.

The thing about him i can't work out, as a Flegg fullback he broke tackles so often teams wouldn't kick anywhere near him - and the guy is still incredibly strong as seen by the massive tackles he can make, but i swear he has not broken out of a tackle since 2004 - and i have been watching and waiting for it to happen.

Ben

Bench
It is probably the defensive aspect of his game that he is strongest. He can distribute the ball and take a couple of runs from dummy-half but sure can he hit. He is the kind of player that won't do anything spectacular but can rely on to get the job done.

strewth_mate

Bench
More of a player than Tanner, but that's not a fantastic argument to resort to...

I am happy for him. Don't see him as a terribly effective player, but I'm thrilled for him when he pulls off a big hit or racks up the tackle count with as much ferocity at the end as he does at the start. Same kind of feeling I get when seeing the fattest kid in the junior games score a long distance try. I just like him for some reason, probably just intrigue. I imagine though there'd be a bit of an outcry if he was named as starting hooker one week - if that's the case, why would we tolerate him as a backup hooker on the bench?

roopy

Referee
I have to say he looked bigger, stronger and fitter than i have ever seen him before in the game this week.
I'd like to see him continue to improve, and there is no reason he can't.
He is still skinny for a forward and all weight he puts on seems to be muscle.
He slammed a few guys down the other night.
We are a weak defensive side, and Young is very mobile, has arms that drag on the ground and ties guys up when he gets hold of them. He covers a hell of a lot of ground in defence - and when we have guys like Walsh, Tighe, and even Snowy and Pato who cover about 1 inch either side of them it is usefull to have guys like Young, Bedsy and Kidley who tackle anyone who comes with 5 metres either side of them.

CJKnight

Juniors
Its worth having him in the team just to hold the ball on the kicking tee in high winds.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
christopherjon said:
Its worth having him in the team just to hold the ball on the kicking tee in high winds.

Haha Nice.

Only reason why he is in the side is because he plays footy every minute his out there. His more about quantity then quality. The other guys with more talent should follow him but they don't. If he was on the field at the end of the Souths game and not Seu Seu then we would have won. I'd keep him in the side and just tell our other forwards to watch him and learn, especially Snowden the fat lazy cow.

Serc

First Grade
Snowy made 124m from 11 hitups last week - he's improving ;-)

I've seen a number of posts from other teams supporters saying "who is that big guy who drags 2-3 players along with him all the time!" over the past month or so.

keeney

First Grade
I've been impressed with Snowy, at least moreso than earlier on this year. He just needs more game time. When is Perry back?

Frederick

Staff member
There's something about Snowy that I love...I think it's just the way he lumbers forward and looks like he's in slow motion - reminds me so much of Parso

~knights~

Juniors
Frederick said:
There's something about Snowy that I love...I think it's just the way he lumbers forward and looks like he's in slow motion - reminds me so much of Parso

yeah me too!!!
snowy will come good just wait and see ... I have faith in him....i remember seing him play an origin game a few years back and he was the MOM ...absolutely tore them up.

Latest posts