What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your 2010 Wests Tigers Team

When you guys talk about Tupou, do you mean Tame Tupou, i.e. is he back?! Would be great to see him get a run.

Good luck with Taumata, certainly a talent so lets hope he gets it right on and off the field.

yep we mean tame
as for him getting a run he might early
Tuiaki is suppose to be out until 2 months into the year,and ryan will get one spot while brown,daniela,fitzhenry and tame will fight it out for the 2nd spot

Tiger_Tomato

Juniors
I would definitely not be picking flanagan just because we need a goal kicker. I'm sure benji has addressed the problem. And with a full off season, with no rehab involved, there is plenty of time for those aspects of his game to be worked on. I'd be picking the following team.

1. Mullaney
2. Tuiaki
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Tuqiri
6. Benji
7. Moltzen
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10.Payten
11. Ellis
12. heighno
13. Fulton

Taumata
Cayless
Gibbs
Mataka

1. Jake Mullaney/Mitch Brown (if Mullaney is ready go with him)
2. Lote Tuqiri/Beau Ryan (pretty simple, Lote signs, he gets the spot, otherwise, Beau)
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Taniela Tuiaki
6. Benji Marshall
7. Tim Moltzen
8. Jason Cayless
9. Robbie Farah
10. Keith Galloway
11. Gareth Ellis
12. Chris Heighington
13. Liam Fulton

14. Arana Taumata
15. Willie Mataka
16. Bryce Gibbs
17. Todd Payten

footy1

Juniors
My side would be:

1. Tim MOLTZEN
2. Taniela TUIAKI
3. Blake AYSHFORD
4. Chris LAWRENCE
5. Beau RYAN
6. Benji MARSHALL
7. Arana TAUMATA
8. Jason CAYLESS
9. Robbie FARAH (C)
10. Keith GALLOWAY
11. William MATAKA
12. Gareth ELLIS
13. Chris HEIGHINGTON

14. Liam FULTON
15. Todd PAYTEN
16. Simon DYWER
17. Bryce GIBBS

I'd have Liam Fulton as my utility player. He can play quite a few positions. William Mataka has impressed me a lot and I think he would not look out of place on the edges of the ruck with his powerful running. This would also allow Simon Dwyer to slot onto the bench. He is a great young prospect and will do well this year if given the chance. Overall I rate this side. Could be a darkhorse for the premiership come September.

innsaneink

Referee
Dunno why everyone starts Gibbs from the bench....is it coz he's an afterthought?

Impact he offers none, defense is his strength.
Galloway offers more impact...thats why I always prefer him coming on at 20 mins

Palms

Juniors
1. Mitch Brown
2. Taniela Tuiaki
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Lote Tuqiri
6. Benji Marshall (g/k)
7. Tim Moltzen
8. Bryce Gibbs
9. Robbie Farah
10. Keith Galloway
11. Gareth Ellis
12. Chris Heighinton
13. Liam Fulton

14. Arana Taumata
15. Jason Cayless
16. Junior Moors
17. Mataka/Payten/Tupou

I think a lot of people are underestimating the value Mitch Brown will bring to the side. When at fullback he was damaging in a less then impressive Cronulla team. Watch for him to have a big year behind a for once solid Tigers pack.

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
How about:

1 Tiquiri / Ryan
2 Tuiaki
3 Ayshford
4 Lawrence
5 Daniela
6 Marshall
7 Moltzen
8 Galloway
9 Farah
10 Cayless
11 Ellis
12 Payton
13 Heighinton

14 Gibbs
15 Moors
16 Fulton
17 Fitzy!

Tiger_Tomato

Juniors
If Fitzy is ahead of Taumata i'll happily give it away!

Agreed! The tigers wouldn't risk signing taumata if he wasn't going to be playing. As for fitzy, well i think he is more likely a back up if farah plays origin. I too will give it up if he plays before arana!!

aids

Bench
for rnd 1.

1. Brown
2. Tuiaki
3. Ashyford
4. Lawrence
5. Ryan

6. Marshall
7. Moltzen

8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Gibbs
11. Ellis
12. Heighnington
13. Fulton

14. Taumata
15. Caless
16. Payten
17. Tupou/Moors

Palms

Juniors
Pretty much how i see it Aids...on second look Sheens will most likely give Payten a spot on the bench just for his experience alone. Our pack is shaping up to be an experienced, big and mobile unit that Farah will revel behind.

aids

Bench
on paper, the forward pack, looks to be the most professional we've had in recent memory.
outside of gibis* i don't see us giving away penalties, and i think defensivly the starting pack as is will be very solid, i hope.

Palms

Juniors
No one has mentioned Mark Flanagan, I wonder if he will be our little secret weapon.

Happy new year to all of you too.

I don't think too many of us have seen him play enough football to warrant him in our lineups. He hasn't been that long in the Super League so first year in the NRL I can't see him pushing too hard, definitely not for a starting spot. Although I hope the bloke can prove me wrong and i'll reserve better judgment when i see him play a bit more.

westie

Bench
Starting the season is probably a bridge too far for him. Wouldn't surprise me to see him oust someone like Heighington by the end of the season. He's got all the skill and motivation, just needs an NRL season to get up to speed.

Alfie

Juniors
IMO

For Round 1:

01. Tim MOLTZEN
02. Mitch BROWN
03. Blake AYSHFORD
04. Chris LAWRENCE
05. Beau RYAN
06. Benji MARSHALL (vc)
07. Rob LUI
08. Bryce GIBBS