What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your 2010 Wests Tigers Team

Vic Mackey

Referee
westie, whilst i agree that alfies team is rubbish, ive seen you bag numerous posters teams, however am yet to see you list one

westie

Bench
I started my own self indulgent thread with my team and justifications. My opinions have changed a little after hearing of training performances and I'd bung Fitzy into the 14 spot that I couldn't fill at the time.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
I highly doubt Tuiaki will be fit from round one.
Seen him at airport in auckland.

I dont think payten offers much to side anymore. Good players however not much metres or pace anymore- off course you give him that opportunity in trials to prove you wrong.

I rate Mataka - while he might be in the starting 13 straight away I back to get there. He offers variety - he is a genuine ball runner / line breaker.
He looked good for tonga against kiwis.

Wing spots are pretty open - I picked Daniela - I thought a few years backs he could go on to represent new zealand. Penrith are a sh*t club - I wouldnt judge any coming from there on form.

I would trial moltzen and taumata at half. I would start moltzen at 7 and taumata at 14 however I would need somebody to put their hand up for fullback spot for that to happen.

I would trial some of youngsters at the back.
MULLANEY / LAZARUS / DANIELA and possibly even Monikura Tikinau he played fullback for Cook Islands in pacific cup.

01. Tim MOLTZEN
02. Geoff DANIELA
03. Blake AYSHFORD
04. Chris LAWRENCE
05. Beau RYAN
06. Benji MARSHALL (vc)
07. Arana TAUMATA
08. Bryce GIBBS
09. Robbie FARAH (c)
10. Keith GALLOWAY
11. Gareth ELLIS
12. Willie MATAKA / Jason SCHIRNACK
13. Chris HEIGHINGTON

14. Junior MOORS
15. Jason CAYLESS
16. Jason SCHIRNACK / Willie MATAKA
17. Todd PAYTEN / Liam FULTON

Vic Mackey

Referee
jason schirnack seems to be the forgotten man in the backrow. imo he was the best tigers backrower in the 20s last year, better then dwyer and much much better then hyland.

dwyer got the start in firsts and seems to get the wraps but i can only imagine this is because he was much more physically ready the j.schirnack who does need to add some size.

however he is much more aggressive then dwyer and runs a brilliant line back in off a short or long ball. i dont think he'll start the year in firsts but it wouldnt surprise me if he is a starting back rower for us come 2011.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
jason schirnack seems to be the forgotten man in the backrow. imo he was the best tigers backrower in the 20s last year, better then dwyer and much much better then hyland.

dwyer got the start in firsts and seems to get the wraps but i can only imagine this is because he was much more physically ready the j.schirnack who does need to add some size.

however he is much more aggressive then dwyer and runs a brilliant line back in off a short or long ball. i dont think he'll start the year in firsts but it wouldnt surprise me if he is a starting back rower for us come 2011.

Actually it think it was more because dwyer was a local junior.
Dwyer is a good player but i think shirnack has class written all over him.
Tackles hard, runs decent lines and plays with heaps of intent - which some of the tigers backrowers havnet done in the past.

With Heighno, Ellis they have a heavy defensive workrate - schrinack does aswell. So Fulton is going to have to come our firing to deserve a spot in the 17 if.

Moors would be a good forward to have on bench cause he could offer impact - at prop or second row.

Also Gibbs will have a good year as plenty more competition this year. much more than previous.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tackles hard, runs decent lines and plays with heaps of intent - which some of the tigers backrowers havnet done in the past.

i agree 100%

however even though sheens likes small back rowers (we won a comp with a backrow of galea, o'neil, halatau and fulton) i really think he needs to bulk up. the website lists him at 92kgs, he'll need to put at least 7 or 8kgs on to compete in the top grade imo. in the 20s he played well above his weight and against 19/20 year olds thats fine. but he wont be able to play effectively at that weight in the nrl week in week out.

if he puts that weight on then i can really see him turning into an anthony watmough style player for us.

Al Shirnack is very highly rated amongst the tigers players.

His strength, commitment and attitude are his strengths at present.

His nickname is Humphrey, because he never ever says a word.

westie

Bench
I'm confused. Have you actually signed Tuqiri, or is it just a pipeline dreams?

"Yes". He signed a short-term contract with Leicester (i think) to bring some money in. Remember that his deal with us is significantly less than what he would have been stealing from the ARU. I don't blame him at all for taking advantage of a situation to get some cash in.

He can't sign a contract with an NRL club while playing for a competitor. It's never come out publicly when he'll arrive, but I'm tipping most of the media are wrong and he'll be he within a few weeks.

Not sure why it's not been picked up on, but the coaching staff have said he'll play fullback, and that seems logical considering we don't have one and have a myriad of wingers.

alien

Referee
1. Tuqiri
2. Tuiaki
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Tupou
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Cayless
11. Ellis
12. Heighington
13. Fulton

14. Mataka
15. Moors
16. Gibbs
17. Payten

I can't see Tupou getting much of a run for us. His defence is dead set dreadful (and calling it that is being nice to him). For every try he scores he'll let a lot more in. Why do you think Bennett played Darius Boyd over him in the big games?

Latest posts