What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Bat

beef

Juniors
for all of you that play cricket im just wondering what kind of bat you own and which kind you think is the best bat, value for money, etc.

IanG

Coach
beef said:
for all of you that play cricket im just wondering what kind of bat you own and which kind you think is the best bat, value for money, etc.

I have two of them Ones a Kookuburra and the other's a cleanskin.

Anonymous

Juniors
I use a Gray-Nicolls Razor, but it's an oldie. Has a very meaty centre, good for the occasional tonk.

Theres a cricket magazine out which lists this years bats available, which plays the easiest, which is good value, etc.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Best bat I ever owned was a double scoop Grey Nick, made two tons with it, and had the biggest middle. I had a special long handle put in it, because I am tall.

ATM I am still using a G&M, and have had it for about three years.

Anonymous

Juniors
The best bat I ever used was one of the top line Puma's. Wow they're light as a feather and you can hit it a mile.

BroncoLover

Juniors
I own a Kookaburra Kahuna predator, kooka in my opinion are the best value and have the best bat in the Kahuna Captains Plus ;-)

Red Bear

Referee
I've got a Grey Nichols Excaliber(however you spell it) but its almost about to be finished. I recently bought a Grey Nichols Gladius but it needs to be knocked in(has been oiled). Love the V900 and like Grey Nichs and Slazenger the best. I loved the old Kookaburra Bubbles as well, they were great.

IanG

Coach
How old is everyone's bats? One that I got for Christmas 1989 was an S.S. It gave me 10 years of loyal service before I eventually retired it.

Red Bear

Referee
My escaliber is about 2 years old but its too small n stuff(im into the Short Handles now :) ). Bats in juniors last about 2 years it seems but my new bat should last longer simply because its a short handle.

Macca

Coach
I have a Slazenger V600 and a Slazenger V8 (limited edition) that was just voted as the second best bat on the market by some handy ex-cricketers. The top of the range Kookaburra won that survey.

Growing up I had a Symonds Supertusker (Steve Waugh Autograph). I still love that bat, it's just too small now.

I reckon V900's might be a sought after bat at the moment though! ;-)

Kasper

Bench
I have two. A Gray Nic Millenium 1000 L.E which is about four years old. Though the bat I am using of late is a V900 pro, 1 season old...best bat I've ever owned.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I have a MRF Wizard and a Slazenger V900 Pro Series. They both have amazing pickup. I tend to use the MRF in longer matches (2-3 day games), but use the V900 in one-dayers! :clap:

Macca

Coach
If you can get your hands on a V8 black label, I doubt you'll ever want to put it down.

Anonymous

Juniors
McSharkie said:
If you can get your hands on a V8 black label, I doubt you'll ever want to put it down.

I was strongly considering it but then I decided not to play this year (A decision I'm already regretting).

Earl

Coach
Timbo said:
McSharkie said:

I was strongly considering it but then I decided not to play this year (A decision I'm already regretting).

Me too :(

Latest posts