What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your best ever RL TRY

Bazal

Post Whore
The best I can recall off the top of my head was Jamie Lyon in a 2001 final vs the Warriors, and an Eric Grothe length of the field effort in the 2000 semis. But I'm sure I could find others if I went through my tapes and stuff...

bartman

Immortal
Eric Grothe (Snr) with that try against the Bulldogs in the semi during the 1980s. (Can't remember the exact year, am getting old...)

Best individual try I've seen.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
1983 semi, we won 30-22.

My best is actually Mark Coynes try in SOO 1 1994, if this isn't the best team try ever to be scored when you consider the time on the clock, last tackle ( i think) down by 2 points etc, it was just amazing, best try ever.

Best individual try was Eric Grothe snr versus the scum in that game bartman spoke about.

Eelementary

Post Whore
(1) The try on the half-time buzzer against Penrith in 2006

(2) THAT Eric Grothe try where he DESTROYED Fitzhenry as he caught the ball and then scored (2005) lol

Paul Carige's length of the fielder vs Newcastle

Michael Buettner's try against Brisbane, opening of ANZ - only try scored that game in one of our most memorable wins ever.

Pricey

Juniors
bartman said:
Eric Grothe (Snr) with that try against the Bulldogs in the semi during the 1980s. (Can't remember the exact year, am getting old...)

Best individual try I've seen.

that would have to be my all time favorite as well and I think the year was 1983

04-Sep-1983,S.C.G.
Parramatta 30 Canterbury 22
Brett Kenny 2
Will Harris 1
Peter Sterling 1
Eric Grothe 1
Mick Cronin 5 goals

Rookie

Juniors
Eelementary said:
(1)
(2) THAT Eric Grothe try where he DESTROYED Fitzhenry as he caught the ball and then scored (2005) lol

I was at this game and it was a great hit and subsequent try. Grothe only had one thing in mind and it was running over top of Fitzhenry.

Stagger eel

Staff member
my most memorable try would have to be Brett Kenny's second try in the 81 grand final right on full time.

In recent memory, probably the first try of the season in 2001 scored by Brett Hodgson, went through about a dozen pairs of hands.

Utey

Coach
I'll never forget Lyons try vs Warriors. I dont think another player could have scored that.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Oh oh oh!

* In 2004, when we played Brisbane in Brisbane. Brisbane put up a bomb, Grothe jumped, caught the ball and landed on his 10 metre line - he then raced 90 metres to score, untouched.

* THAT Matt Petersen try against the Warriors...Talk about pulling a rabbit out of the hat!

ParraAds

Juniors
Michael Vella against the tigers in 2001 I think, broke the line and raced about 35 metres with the tape around his broken nose...classic stuff.

CrazyEel

Bench
For me it was Grothe Snr 1st and Grothe Snr 2nd :clap:

1st, the semi final try against the dogs mentioned earlier
2nd, against Illawarra in 85 (?) when he ran 105 metres after taking a bomb behind his own goal line.

Suitman

Post Whore
CrazyEel said:
For me it was Grothe Snr 1st and Grothe Snr 2nd :clap:

1st, the semi final try against the dogs mentioned earlier
2nd, against Illawarra in 85 (?) when he ran 105 metres after taking a bomb behind his own goal line.

The second one was against the Roosters and was from an attempt at goal kick.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Hindy against the Dragons a couple of years ago. Broke a tackle, shrugged another off and went at 70 metres to score.

Stupid Kelly against the Panthers in a semi final in 2000. Running across field about twenty out and then straightened and went through to score untouched. PJ Marsh also dislocated Steve Carter's shoulder in the same game when he poleaxed him in a tackle.

Guru Sr against Manly with Wombat Eadie coming across at full speed and he had about six blades of grass between him and the sideline. Wombat smashed him and Guru still scored.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
my favourite, Jamie Lyon vs the Warriors in the 2001 Semi Final.
And also Daniel Irvine's first try in first grade......SHUTUP... it was a good try :oops:

Eelementary said:
Oh oh oh!

* In 2004, when we played Brisbane in Brisbane. Brisbane put up a bomb, Grothe jumped, caught the ball and landed on his 10 metre line - he then raced 90 metres to score, untouched!

Sorry 'mentary..Broncos grubbered through Burt took it ran and broke a tackle and then passed to Guru for the 90 mtr effort.

My specials are the Guru Snr already spoken about, the try Stupid Kelly scored against the Broncs in the 98 semi at ANZ...Jason Bell put a great step on Tonie Carroll...got cleaned up by Darren Smith but got a pill away to a flying Stu Kelly who outpaced Lockyer to the line.

One for you Lowey is the try Joe Lydon scored when he in and way'd on Garry Jack in the first test of the 86 Kangaroo Tour...a truly great try.

CrazyEel

Bench
Suitman said:
The second one was against the Roosters and was from an attempt at goal kick.

Suity
Maybe your 2nd one but not mine, it was against Illawarra at Steelers Stadium.

Latest posts