What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your choice of a World All Star's Team

[furrycat]

Coach
If you could choose a team of 17, of any player who has ever played Rugby League, what would it be?

i have a couple of little 'all star' teams in the game - the cheetahs, which is all speedy players, no forwards or nothing, as well as the giants, a team made of props :lol:

Paullyboy

Coach
Ive put a bit of thought into this, and this is my say on the best ever side:

1. Clive Churchill (souths)
2. Ken Irvine (norths)
3. Dally Messenger (easts)
4. Dave Brown (easts)
5. Eric Grothe (parramatta)
6. Wally Lewis (take your pick)
7. Peter Sterling (parramatta)
8. Arthur Beetson (easts)
9. Elwyn Walters (souths)
10. Kevin Ryan (st george)
11. Harry Bath (balmain)
12. Norm Provan (st george)
13. John Raper (st george)

14. Reg Gasnier (st george - centre)
15. Graeme Langlands (st george - fullback)
16. Frank Burge (st george - second row)
17. Noel Cleal (manly - second row)

Obviously halfback and centre were ridiculously hard as there has been so much talent there, i struggeld at hooker as well

Paullyboy

Coach
I just realised after looking over that list that i didnt include one current player, ah well, guess they arent as good nowadays ;-)

Paullyboy

Coach
Actually Bernie Purcell really should be in there somewhere, maybe he could get slotted in at hooker (he was a goalkicking ace from south sydney who was mainly a second rower but could play hooker)

thuganomics

Coach
Mine is near exact to Paullyboy

1. Clive Churchill
2. Ken Irvine
3. Dally Messenger
4. Dave Brown
5. Eric Groth
6. Wally Lewis
7. Andrew Johns
8. Arthur Beetson
9. Elwyn Walters
10. Kevin Ryan
11. Harry Bath
12. Norm Provan
13. John Raper

14. Reg Gasnier
15. Graeme Langlands
16. Frank Burge
17. Noel Cleal

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
1.Clive Churchill
2.Johnny King
3.Reg Gasnier
4.Dave Brown
5.Harold Horder
6.Wally Lewis
7.Andrew Johns
8. Arthur Beetson
9. Ken Kearney(C)
10. Kevin Ryan
11. Harry Bath
12. Norm Provan
13. John Raper

14.Joe Jorgenson
15.Dally Messenger
16.Brett Kenny
17.Craig Young
This would be an unbelievable side. Centres as Paully said were disgracefully hard pick and to leave Jorgenson and Dally out of the starting line up was heart tearing.

NPK

Bench
I'm a young'un and don't know about most of the players in these world All Star teams, but are they all Australian?

Rockn

Juniors
when you originally asked the question furrycat, did you mean current or ex/current players?

scottwhatmore

Juniors
Would it be possible for someone to make up a spreadsheet with the player stats so that we can put them into the game ourselves, without having the Unleashed patch as well??

If Paullyboy makes up the stats for the players he's done, and then Dragon Fanatic and thuganomics ad the ones that they have mentioned as well, then it should be easier to put their stats into the game.
Get my drift??

Paullyboy

Coach
Ill do it now, cant guarantee complete accuracy as it has been a fair while since these fella's have played - but ill give it a go

Paullyboy

Coach
Ok i just sent it to scott, If you wanna throw that up on your site you can dude to save me sending it to everyone individually.

MEE

Juniors
With the way people talk up Benji Marshall around here you might aswell put him in the team.