What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your computer specs

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Tamazoid said:
Wireless Internet is tops.
And extremely insecure - despite what the marketers will tell you.

It can be set up properly with the correct access point devices running 3DES encryption, the cost are high.
Not very practical for businesses just yet.

Connections

Juniors
nah the store at strath field is prety semi - illigal because their were like these seedy brown couchs in this ware house and their was bags of money all over the floor...

budz

Juniors
P3 600
128 MB RAM
18GB Hard drive + 80GB Hard drive i recently added
32 MB Nvidia TNT Ultra 2 Video card
DVD ROM
CD writer

Eh, that will do.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
Tamazoid said:
Very nice EG.

Thanks. I love it. It's only a couple of months old.

Here's a tip. If you ever go on holidays and your mother says "can you let me use your computer while you are away," say NO! :(

When I got back, the machine was full of pop ups, errors and viruses. She wanted it for games. So I ended up giving her my sons old Nintendo 64.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Evilgrowler said:
Tamazoid said:
Very nice EG.

Thanks. I love it. It's only a couple of months old.

Here's a tip. If you ever go on holidays and your mother says "can you let me use your computer while you are away," say NO! :(

When I got back, the machine was full of pop ups, errors and viruses. She wanted it for games. So I ended up giving her my sons old Nintendo 64.

At least your mum can operate a computer EG, my mum could not even switch it on.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
Mate, neither can mine. From the moment I set it up for her it remained on for the entire time we were away because she doesn't know how to turn it on. She can't use MSN messenger. All she wanted was to play canasta on Yahoo. Getting her to understand how to sign in to Yahoo was an adventure in itself. :? :shock:

Alan Shore

First Grade
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Never let mothers near technology. They're initially frightened of it, then they screw it all up!

Snoop

Coach
Sweeper said:
Intel 8086
24Kb RAM
20 Mb Hard Drive
13" B/W Monitor
5 1/2" disk drive
14.4 KB modem
1 parrallel port
Dvorak keyboard

It can do more megaflops then the average 8086. It struggles with floating point decimals... and division by 0. Getting a bit outdated though. I was thinking about getting a new Crae.

I've got a lexmark Z53... but it doesn't work. Something about Drivers... don't know what that has to do with it :?:

Dude, that 14.4 modem poos all over my 2400 baud modem. But I bet you get heaps of data loss cause the modem's too fast for ya processor.

Razor

Coach
My 5 year old computer specs

Pentium 3 450Mhz (running at 616Mhz)
100mhz Motherboard (running at 112Mhz)
256mb RAM
8.5GB Hard Disk
DVD-ROM drive (forget the speed)
8x/4x/32x CD-RW
Floppy drive which doesn't work
16mb TNT2 Video Card (bloody Diamond, should have bought the cheaper 32mb TNT2 Generic card)
Sonic Impact S/c (bloody Diamond again)
100W Speakers
17" monitor

Snoop

Coach
Commodore 64

CPU 6510 @ 1MHz
ROM 20K
RAM 64K
AUDIO 3 Channels (Commodore SID)
VIDEO 320x200 (160x200 with hi-res colour) - 16 colours
1541 Disk Drive! 720K diskettes