What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your ideal fixtures for Round 1 2024

blue bags

First Grade
. Media has Vegas for WCC
Wigan Warriors vs Penrith Panthers
On same weekend as NRL Vegas
Vegas BABY 😄

moffla

Bench
Is there any reason why the Storm don’t start with bsvk to back home games when afl hasn’t started? Or is it just nine being merkins
I honestly have no idea why not, but it seems like such an easy win for boosting crowds

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I want the same thing I want every year, yet to be rewarded, Melbourne to play at home for the first two weeks while the fumblers aren't playing.

I'd save the big clashes for later rounds, the start of the season is enough to get the crowds in.
I don't think it'll work this year, both comps start same time with a handful of games first weekend (Mar 2/3) then rest of R1 a week later (Mar 7-10).

The only way the NRL gets into Melbourne unopposed in 2024 is if they schedule a game down there on Vegas weekend (AFL planning to be in Sydney and Brisbane), and then again mid-April when they play their magic round imitation in Adelaide.

Vee

First Grade
I don't think it'll work this year, both comps start same time with a handful of games first weekend (Mar 2/3) then rest of R1 a week later (Mar 7-10).

The only way the NRL gets into Melbourne unopposed in 2024 is if they schedule a game down there on Vegas weekend (AFL planning to be in Sydney and Brisbane), and then again mid-April when they play their magic round imitation in Adelaide.
Should have done it the last 10 years.