What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Kiwis team/squad

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Matulino - Kearney rates Matulino and obviously doesnt rates Cleary use and coaching or over-coaching of big Ben.

Cleary has seriously made matulino into a mannering/lilyman clone instead of the big hitting young forward. Make him
He will probably only a come on for a short stint.

Both Taia Blair and Harrison can play big minutes.

However in saying that I would pick Eddy Pettybourne and Jeff Lima ahead of Matulino and Sika Manu.

What happened to Sunday News story regarding SKD getting picked. lol.
whats the go there.

I Know pritchard, smith failed fitness tests.
I heard lima was on stand-by with matulino so unless he failed a fitness test also.

Things that stand out for me are:
Ø Lack of an impact forward on the bench
Ø Lack of props
Ø No height in the backline (the most hobbit-like back line in years)
Ø Matulino over Pettybourne
Ø Manu over Lima

A very strange team indeed. I think that lack of height in the backline will be exposed by the likes of Inglis.

I just dont think we've given ourselves a chance here....... would of been happier with:

Matulino out, Pettybourne in,
Nightengale out, SKD in,
Manu out, Lima in

ozbash

Referee
You guys are haters!
Nightingale is the man.
Ben is going to do well.
Aaron will give 100%.
After the first shock I'm starting to like the forward pack
I'll save my 'expert' comments for after the game.
Go the Kiwis
Focus all your energy on Ivan Cleary, Warriors are mud. Like I said at the end of last year, he needs to go.

Praise the lord.

Top post Rev...;-)

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, you can go one of two ways with the Kiwis generally- with your head or with your heart. I appreciate your heart Rev, but my head is telling me that the annual ambush is going to be same again. I would be delighted if it wasn't- and anything can happen- but with so many key players out, it will be a big ask.

Martli

Coach
The first 10 minutes of this game will be awesome. The last 70 minutes of CvC will be even better ;-)

Scorpio30

Bench
Just once i'd like to see us be able to field a full strength team.

The Beast and the Tank on the same team would be freeeeaking awesome.

Prichard, Asotasi, Moimoi and Smith are big losses....at least our 6,7,9 are healthy.

Our back line really sucks, Matai can put on the occasional big hit but he makes some horrendous reads in defence, imo Nightingale is barley fist grade standard.

Its good to see Sika there, may not have played much this year but will only play small minutes off the bench, the bloke is a monster, before he got injured he was one of the best forwards in the NRL.

GO KIWI'S

I have often ummed and ahhhed about that...but Im happy to go with Wayne Bennett :lol:

Skinner

Coach
I think it will be a dicking somewhere in the region of 50 points. Boys playing men.

ozbash

Referee
Its a nothing game, good place to blood some young guys.

the aussies dont give a stuff, theres an Origin trial on...

Martli

Coach
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/3662526/Chance-for-rookie-duo-to-embrace-step-up

Chance for rookie duo to embrace step up

Zeb Taia will start his international career from the second row and Aaron Heremaia will make his debut off the bench with Alex Glenn looking to be the unlucky 18th man in the Kiwis for tomorrow night's Anzac test in Melbourne.

And blockbusting Adam Blair appears set to be given a roving role as loose forward, as coach Steve Kearney looks to maximise his available talent for this massive challenge.

Without Glenn, the Brisbane Broncos utility, it will likely mean a bench made up of four forwards, although Heremaia does have a background in the halves before successfully being converted to a hooker by the Warriors. Kearney described his team's preparations as spot-on despite limited time and resources in Melbourne.

The squad have just today's captain's run at the impressive new AAMI Park to finish things off.

Short of players through injuries and with kickoff having come around alarmingly quickly, Kearney was pushing the positives from what was a thorough and polished training session yesterday.

"It was a step up. I think that's going to happen by the time we get to this stage," Kearney said of the two-hour hitout.

"It's such an intense week, you have to be well prepared and I think we have done that fairly well.

"We're very fortunate that we have got 13 guys that came away to the Four Nations last year. They are familiar with each other and they get along very well."

Those players will form the nucleus of this side as was clear at training. Consistent Warrior Sam Rapira will be partnered at prop by Frank-Paul Nu'uausala with Taia's debut coming alongside Bronson Harrison in the second row.

That leaves Blair to run riot from a position he has had limited game time in but clearly has the power and skills to be a huge menace.
It also means a big bench with Heremaia set to spell Issac Luke at hooker and Kearney keeping his faith in Sika Manu's reputation rather than his current form.

The Kiwis haven't won an Anzac test in Australia, but Kearney is adamant they should still be able to make an impact at short notice. "As long as we give them a simple structure to play by and people fulfil their roles we should be competing to be in this game," he said.

Kiwis likely lineup : Lance Hohaia, Sam Perrett, Junior Sa'u, Steve Matai, Jason Nightingale, Benji Marshall, Kieran Foran, Sam Rapira, Issac Luke, Frank-Paul Nu'uausala, Bronson Harrison, Zeb Taia, Adam Blair. Interchange: Aaron Heremaia, Ben Matulino, Sika Manu, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.