What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Knights Matchday " Experience "

Karmawave

Bench
This thread is an opportunity for all of the loyal 15,000 odd Knights supporters who went to the game on Sunday to speak about their matchday ' experience '.

What did you enjoy about your experience?

Was it the gates opening a mere 15 minutes before NYC kickoff and the subsequent line up for 25 minutes waiting for 2 security staff to try and check 1000 bags?

The food areas with no staff and no food?

The food areas with staff and some food but no cash registers that were actually working?

The $3.50 cans of Pepsi?

The greeting you received at the front gate when you discovered the 40% increase for car parking that the Knights management decided to give their loyal season ticket holders and fans who show up to games during trying financial times? Thanks Knights for that :roll:

The big screen that featured frozen images and transmission issues that saw a portion of the second half featuring only the Knights logo and not the game itself?

The incredible sound system that makes the entertainment and MC speaking on the mic rendered useless because you can't hear a word anyone is saying. Like the Radiohead song, everyone speaking on the mic was ' buzzing like a detuned radio '. Sorry Macca, still haven't heard a word you said mate.

Was it your prompt exit out of the carpark one lane only dirt track that you paid 40% more to use?

Feel free to tell everyone about your matchday experience!

Seriously, the Knights wonder why they are $3M in debt.

And to think they have the hide to put up carparking 40% for fans who are actually spending $$$ during tough financial times on their club.

The riveting halftime show.

The cheerleaders were great at least. About time!

Maybe it was Jessica Mauboy who looked great, but couldn't be heard?

It detracts from what was a great Knights performance on the field.

15,000 people ( already a sh*t crowd as it is ) , and many of them will probably bring their own lunch next time - which might help KFC or Subway - but not the Knights.

Just really really disappointing.

How can ' teething ' problems occur time after time?

Last edited:

cram

Bench
A couple of things stood out for me...firstly I noted the $7 car parking fee as I drove past earlier in the morning, by the way it was only $5 to park in the trotting track. I rode the Vespa so did not affect me either way.

$3.50 can of pepsi did get my attention....given you buy a carton of these for $10 makes the mind boggle about why they offer no incentive to buy food/drinks at the game.

Had no problems getting in the gates.

Sound system...so no more....you would think when the Knights pay their rent that HV may be able to fork out for a new one....lol

Radioactive Man

Juniors
I had a good experience on Sunday. Should consider parking behind the stadium at the Racecourse, we were out of there in less than 5 minutes.
The chips at $4.50 are a bit much but the serving has increased from last year so that's goods.
The PA system is terrible, couldnt hear anything the entire game.
Halftime was the usual , they should bring back the create a banner comp, loved that one.
The Crusade was awesome to hear but.. you can barely hear it in Bay 7 onwards. You cant hear much in the eastern grandstand anyway, not once was there a clear " Newcastle" chant, only a thousand little ones. I blame the acoustics(Not the Crusade at all)
Crowd was more than 15 K i feel.
Enough.

Karmawave

Bench
The Knights catering contract is with Wests.

Wests subsidise the Knights with profits from the food / drink sales.

Give us some incentive to buy the food there.

Alot of fans could easily take food to the game. I definitely could. I just like to try and buy food at the game because I know it helps the club financially.

But eventually, fans who are prepared to do that will just give up because it takes 30 minutes to get a hamburger and carton of chips 15 minutes after the gates open at 12.45pm! There's no food even ready. And 3 staff members trying to serve 60 people.

Can you imagine the amount of money they'd miss out on from people who just get fed up and leave the food lines?

Karmawave

Bench
Only idiots and fat people park in the car park.

Like the elderly people who can't walk very far?

Or the family member who has just had a knee reconstruction?

Great attitude Frederick! Your one of the best mate.

No one should park in the car park at all Fred! That'll help the Knights.

cram

Bench
The Knights catering contract is with Wests.

Wests subsidise the Knights with profits from the food / drink sales.

Give us some incentive to buy the food there.

Alot of fans could easily take food to the game. I definitely could. I just like to try and buy food at the game because I know it helps the club financially.

But eventually, fans who are prepared to do that will just give up because it takes 30 minutes to get a hamburger and carton of chips 15 minutes after the gates open at 12.45pm! There's no food even ready. And 3 staff members trying to serve 60 people.

Can you imagine the amount of money they'd miss out on from people who just get fed up and leave the food lines?

The food prices are just ridiculous however, I wonder how long it will be before they stop people bringing food into the ground. My understanding is that some other grounds will not allow commerical foods, such as KFC and Maccas into their grounds. People can bring sandwiches etc but not other stuff.

If I was to buy food, drinks etc for my family at the ground I would be adding on around $50 to my game day experience....I am not prepared to pay that.

Stranger

Coach
Love the way you look at the positives Karma :D

Edit* I love the way 40% is like 2bucks HAHAHAHA.

Karmawave

Bench
Don't blame you Cram.

The price is one thing. Missing 30 minutes of footy lining up at a food outlet that literally has no hot food prepared for lunch is another!

People who are prepared to support the Knights by buying food at the ground are being treated with contempt.

Karmawave

Bench
Love the way you look at the positives Karma :D

Edit* I love the way 40% is like 2bucks HAHAHAHA.

Its still 40%?

And I did look at the positives. The only positive about the matchday experience was the cheergirls. :lol:

The all in brawl at the end will help keep the families coming back too...

bluesbreaker

Bench
Things I enjoyed about the game:

* 5 minute line to get in (at about 1:15)

* No people lining up at the bourbon bar on the southern hill, almost the entire game.

* Listening to the ferals in our bay (3) give Watmough, Wolfman and Orford a spray all day. It was strange, the Pelicans around us actually got funnier as the day went on and they got more pissed, usually happens the other way around.

* Getting undercharged on my hot chips from the work experience chick.

* The way the boys played in the second half, Doogs was a pillar of strength and my MoTM (his best game in a long time imo), McManus, Uate, Taia, Mullo, hell even Rogers did a couple nice things.

Things I didn't enjoy about the game:

* Atmosphere - dead.

* Prices of food and piss.

* sh*thouse crowd

* Jessica Mauboy or whatever

* Giving Matu'utai a huge wrap, only for him to miss an easy cover tackle for a try, then get a horror grubber that bounced just over his head for another easy try to Manly.

Macca, was that you getting your big melon on at the end of the game talking about the club needing fan support and stuff?

Karmawave

Bench
How was that the clubs fault at all?

Its not.

It was still apart of the Matchday Experience Frederick.

Thankfully that's one thing that the Knights didn't f*ck up themselves!

It will still be apart of fans thinking twice about coming back will it not? Especially those with young kids.

Pika

Bench
I walked in without delay.

Only idiots buy food at the game. I had a packed meal and it was tasty, as was the water that washed it down. As was the protein shake at 3.00pm.

My seat was great.

The game was good.

I walked and was home by 5.15pm.

I had two massive brand new speakers right near me and it was clear as crystal.

The team won.

The weather was great.

I had no access to the internet so did not have to listen to Karma whinge like a girl about the price of parking.

The wrestle was good.

I dont go to the game to watch the big screen, so the technical difficulties, which could be the networks, did not bother me.

Now the negatives......

None.

Adsy

Juniors
Perhaps you should email your original post to Knights administration Karma.

Karmawave

Bench
Gee Pika, if only 14,999 other fans lived in your perfect world.

Heaven forbid fans want to buy food at the game to support their club $3M in debt.

cram

Bench
I walked in without delay.

Only idiots buy food at the game. I had a packed meal and it was tasty, as was the water that washed it down. As was the protein shake at 3.00pm.

I had no access to the internet so did not have to listen to Karma whinge like a girl about the price of parking.

:lol::lol:

Karmawave

Bench
I'd like to know of any other 40% increase in the price of anything that is apparently seen as acceptable business conduct from one year to the next.

With the exclamation point being that the increase goes towards fans who are actually getting off their asses and going to the game!

Oh don't worry, plenty of people won't park there next time - they'll still have their cars parked at home while watching it on FoxSports.

Pika

Bench
Gee Pika, if only 14,999 other fans lived in your perfect world.

Heaven forbid fans want to buy food at the game to support their club $3M in debt.

Fans dont line up for crap over priced food thinking "I am gonna eat this fat expensive food that makes me look like Homer Simpson. I am gonna do it for the Club man, I do it for the Club!"

No, they do it cause they are to lazy to pack their food and cause they dont mind looking like Homer Simpson.

In fact, if we conducted a survey of every drunk, fat tubbo lining up for a pie and asked the whay they were there. What do you think would be the most common response?

A) I do it for the Clubs revenue. I am a Clubman, blocked arteries are worth saving the Club.

B) I am hungry you idiot. Now f8ck off with your dumb questions.

Gee... I wonder.