What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Knights Matchday " Experience "

Serc

First Grade
Was it the gates opening a mere 15 minutes before NYC kickoff

Normal practice in the NRL as far as I know.

and the subsequent line up for 25 minutes waiting for 2 security staff to try and check 1000 bags?

Definitely not normal practice...definitely a c**k up there!

The riveting halftime show.

Here's an idea - what they do up here at Skilled and Suncorp is get the kids RL on, under 8's, under 9's those sorts of ages. The crowd seem to get a reasonable amount of enjoyment out of this and I personally enjoy seeing the kids have a run. I wonder how much that costs? ;-)

The cheerleaders were great at least. About time!

I see a lot of us noticed that...I certainly did on the telly!

Karmawave

Bench
So far in this topic, Knights fans have enlightened us that " only idiots buy food at the game " and that " only idiots and fat people park in the car park "...

I'm sure the Knights management would thankyou for your incredible understanding and input into helping the club wipe away its $3M in debt.

Karmawave

Bench
Fans dont line up for crap over priced food thinking "I am gonna eat this fat expensive food that makes me look like Homer Simpson. I am gonna do it for the Club man, I do it for the Club!"

No, they do it cause they are to lazy to pack their food and cause they dont mind looking like Homer Simpson.

In fact, if we conducted a survey of every drunk, fat tubbo lining up for a pie and asked the whay they were there. What do you think would be the most common response?

A) I do it for the Clubs revenue. I am a Clubman, blocked arteries are worth saving the Club.

B) I am hungry you idiot. Now f8ck off with your dumb questions.

Gee... I wonder.

I think you'd be surprised at that mate. I don't speak on behalf of everyone, but I had the option of taking Subway prior to the game ( people I went with did ), and chose to buy at the game to actually try and help the club in whatever small way I could.

Shame on me hey?

Serc

First Grade
Also - prices for food and drink at venues is always high, from what I've read in here its nothing particularly out of the ordinary at EAS compared to the usual. Sometimes I bring my own grub, others I fork out for that $10+ meal...I'm not too fussed.

rofl @ Pika's post

Karmawave

Bench
I think the cost of the food is secondary to the fact there wasn't any food ready to be sold to the public.

I think everyone's missing that point!

Then again, if people have their way in here, no-one would eat at the footy, and the Knights can wipe out an entire income stream in doing so...

Smart work that.

Karmawave

Bench
You going to cry again mate?

Not crying mate, just baffled that if everyone had your stance, there'd be no income at the games at all for the Knights.

Ban all take away food at the games Pika!

The Knights can do with removing an income stream for their finances after all right?

Pika

Bench
No, because idiots go to the footy, and they want to eat.

I just had this image of you and your mates standing in front of subway debating the six inch chicken sub or supporting the Club.

A final round of high fives and cheering "Lets do it for the Club" as you decided on the high moral ground.

It happened all over the community, apparently thats the way most league loving novacastrians think before they choose the chip and gravy roll and beer at the game.

LOL

Karmawave

Bench
No, because idiots go to the footy, and they want to eat.

I just had this image of you and your mates standing in front of subway debating the six inch chicken sub or supporting the Club.

A final round of high fives and cheering "Lets do it for the Club" as you decided on the high moral ground.

It happened all over the community, apparently thats the way most league loving novacastrians think before they choose the chip and gravy roll and beer at the game.

LOL

Then obviously I am on a pedestal all on my own then. ;-) Because while not exactly that scenario, that's exactly what I did - chose to support the club.

As I said, shame on me mate, for doing my bit to support.

In the end, the point of the matter is, why have the food, if there's not enough staff to sell it, and not enough food ready to be sold?

It comes back to a management issue in the end.

Pika

Bench
No mate, all jokes aside, its admirable.

I just think you dont really represent the average pie eater at a Knights home game.

Karmawave

Bench

I just think you dont really represent the average pie eater at a Knights home game.

I don't think so either.

But don't they deserve to at least have enough staff to serve them and enough food to feed them if they do choose that path? :lol:

Pika

Bench
Mate, I am surprised there was not a riot if that was the case.

I have said it before, I am not a big picture kind of guy.

I dont think about food, cause I dont eat it.

I go to the game to watch the lads play, and take enormous pride in the way they defend because in a small way I contribute.

I get cranky when they loose, and I am happy when they win.

I worry when one of the lads is injured.

After that, I dont think about all the rest.

I know its narrow minded, but thats just the way I am.

Karmawave

Bench
To be honest Pika, I was waiting for someone to come along in this thread, to be the anti Karma and write the exact kinda post you wrote.

It was just sitting there waiting for that to occur hahaha.

In my mind, you were going to be a short price to do it but not the favourite. :lol:

cram

Bench

And that is a very fair statement...when you think about it you can't really say that Knights fans are the same as those in the deep south and then expect that they make rational decisions to support the club by buying food....:lol:

cram

Bench
Mate, I am surprised there was not a riot if that was the case.

I have said it before, I am not a big picture kind of guy.

I dont think about food, cause I dont eat it.

I go to the game to watch the lads play, and take enormous pride in the way they defend because in a small way I contribute.

I get cranky when they loose, and I am happy when they win.

I worry when one of the lads is injured.

After that, I dont think about all the rest.

I know its narrow minded, but thats just the way I am.

Mate, I think you are spot on with this post. I like to be proud of the blokes and sometimes I wish I was not the big picture kind of guy because sometimes it makes you worry about things not worth worrying about.

Top post and great thoughts :thumb

Pika

Bench
To be honest Pika, I was waiting for someone to come along in this thread, to be the anti Karma and write the exact kinda post you wrote.

It was just sitting there waiting for that to occur hahaha.

In my mind, you were going to be a short price to do it but not the favourite. :lol:

Well it doesnt bother me a great deal mate.

We are just different people I guess.

I am simple, you are big picture.

macavity

Referee
here is an idea.

why don't wests open a subbers and maybe another chain in there...

and yes, that was my ugly melon at the end. was kind of embarassing. but I do things I dont particularly want to do, for the club. just like karma it seems!

cram

Bench
here is an idea.

why don't wests open a subbers and maybe another chain in there...

and yes, that was my ugly melon at the end. was kind of embarassing. but I do things I dont particularly want to do, for the club. just like karma it seems!

You love it Mac, maybe you and Karma could get something happening on TV/Radio... you know a Roy and HG type of thing:crazy:

macavity

Referee
LOL

while karma is used to being in confined spaces, i dont reckon i would like sharing a booth with him....

keeney

First Grade
I love how these jokes have all sprung out in the last week or so. What's changed? He was outed ages ago.