What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Most Favourite Ever Race Horse?????

shane1970

Juniors
Doesn't have to be one of the many champions you have seen over the years just a horse that either was a champion for his racing ability or one that generously lined your pockets often enough.
I've been a punter for about 25 years now and although not considered a champion my favourite horse unquestionably is COLE DIESEL.
I won a sh*t load on this fella back in the late 80's - I still remember sh*tting myself during the 1989 Caulfield Cup - He's also the subject of my 'largest' ever bet = $500EW on this occasion and he ideally saluted for me and lined my pockets beautifully.
I even managed to give him a pat him a few years back as he was/is a clerk of the course at the Gold Coast track now.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
i owe Ethereal fromt he melbourne cup in 01...... as i was only 13 that year.... i got my dad to put the $140 i had saved through the year on number 13..... for some reason he actually listened to me... and did it.... cant remember what i won back then but it was a big win for my age

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Best horse i have ever seen, The King Kingston Town. My favourite horse would probably be Efficient, I picked him out as a young 3 year old and i followed even into the cup after everyone else had dropped off him culminating in me winning around 3 grand last year.

Reckless.

Won the Adelaide and Sydney cups then in the 1977 Melbourne Cup, old Tommy Woodcock's horse just failed to beat Gold and Black, I was in tears..

Deacon

First Grade
Couple of Horses that I liked despite the 2nd one costing me a bit in the Cox Plate, Doriemus unquestionably my favourite, and Starcraft was the other

Tom Shines

First Grade
i owe Ethereal fromt he melbourne cup in 01...... as i was only 13 that year.... i got my dad to put the $140 i had saved through the year on number 13..... for some reason he actually listened to me... and did it.... cant remember what i won back then but it was a big win for my age

:lol:

Responsible parenting from Dad! Getting started early.

I had to get my grandfather to do it for me. I remember my childhood sitting in the TAB at Condell Park with him every Saturday.

JB

Juniors
"Kiwi" winning the 83 Melbourne Cup from last.

Bonecrusher and Waverly Star in the 86 Cox Plate.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
:lol:

Responsible parenting from Dad! Getting started early.

I had to get my grandfather to do it for me. I remember my childhood sitting in the TAB at Condell Park with him every Saturday.
My dad worked at Canterbury race course, i never had a chance :lol:

rabs

Staff member
Loved seeing Super Impose fly home to salute the judge in those Randwick miles, The King also what a horse won over every distance and got me a nice payout when 2nd in the Melbourne cup paying 2.40 the place. Can't not mention Makybe I was on her big in all 3 cup wins and surely her record will stand forever.

shane1970

Juniors
Favourite Race:82 Cox Plate with the Bill Collins commentary.
Never get sick of watching it.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=NBA8UxiSUJI
Without even viewing the above race i'd bet it's the Bonecrusher - Our Waverly Star race is it not?????? Sure was a cracker of a race and would have to be my favourite race of all time as well - other than the New Zealand trot race I had a bet on about 20 years ago - I backed a thing at 200/1 and on the final lap about 10 of the horses fell leaving mine and two others and guess who's went on to win!!!!!!

Foz

Bench
Without even viewing the above race i'd bet it's the Bonecrusher - Our Waverly Star race is it not?????? Sure was a cracker of a race and would have to be my favourite race of all time as well - other than the New Zealand trot race I had a bet on about 20 years ago - I backed a thing at 200/1 and on the final lap about 10 of the horses fell leaving mine and two others and guess who's went on to win!!!!!!

No.You mean this one.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=eRd4GhoNLUM

Different commentary but I know the call you mean."Bonecrusher races into equine immortality".

It was good but I like the Kingston Town cant win one better.

Last edited:

Ram Man

Juniors
Without doubt my Favourite was Lonhro...cost me a bit in his last Cox plate appearance and was usually pretty short, but I just loved when the Black Flash put his foot down...amazing turn of foot!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No.You mean this one.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=eRd4GhoNLUM

Different commentary but I know the call you mean."Bonecrusher races into equine immortality".

It was good but I like the Kingston Town cant win one better.
I heard in an interview Collins said on his gravestone there would be written "Kingston Town can't win" on it :lol: That win gives me goosebumps every time i see it. Best horse i have ever seen.

big pat

Coach
the mighty kingston town, a favourite of mine because i backed it a lot was rough habit.

Latest posts