What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your most improved in 2008

netic

Juniors
I think Farah will go one more gear up this year, If Head signs for the tigers that will take some pressure off Farah and he can concentrate more on his dummy half plays....

Im also looking forward to seeing how Jarrod Mullen performs, i think he has big shoes to fill but has the talent to fill them...

And Wesser is Dangerous no matter how old he is

Ryan

Juniors
Melbourne-

Who had a Quiet 2007? Matt Geyer
Who will be the most improved in 2008? Israel Falou / Antonio Kafusi

Manly:-

Who had a Quiet 2007? Steven Bell / Steve Matai
Who will be the most improved in 2008? Matt Ballin / Michael Bani

Souths:-

Who had a Quiet 2007? Shannon Hegarty (again)
Who will be the most improved in 2008? Isaac Luke

Roosters:-

Who had a Quiet 2007? Nate Myles / Chris Beattie
Who will be the most improved in 2008? Mitchell Pearce / Anthony Minichello

Cronulla:-

Who had a Quiet 2007? Brett Kimmorley / Ben Ross
Who will be the most improved in 2008? Funnily Brett Kimmorley / Ben Ross

Nth Qld:-

Who had a Quiet 2007? Ty Williams / Sione Faumuina
Who will be the most improved in 2008? Travis Burns

Gold Coast Titans:-

Who had a Quiet 2007? Chris Walker / Richie Mathers
Who will be the most improved in 2008? Preston Campbell / Matt Rogers

Canberra Raiders:-

Who had a Quiet 2007? They all busted their gut if you ask me.
Who will be the most improved in 2008? Joel monaghan / William Zillman / Todd Carney

Canterbury Bulldogs:-

Who had a Quiet 2007? Willie Mason / Reni Matua
Who will be the most improved in 2008? Ben Roberts

Penrith Panthers:-

Who had a Quiet 2007? Joel Clinton / Tony Puletua / Rhys Whysser / Lewis
Who will be the most improved in 2008? Gordon / J Williams / Jennings / Sammit / Daniela

Newcastle:-

Who had a Quiet 2007? Perry / Woolnough / Macdougall
Who will be the most improved in 2008? Mullen / Cross

Tigers:-

Who had a Quiet 2007? Morris / Marshall
Who will be the most improved in 2008? Marshall / Head

Warriors:-

Who had a Quiet 2007? Ropati
Who will be the most improved in 2008? Tate / Witt

Broncos:-

Who had a Quiet 2007? Boyd / Parker
Who will be the most improved in 2008? Simms / Wallace / Clinton

Eels:-

Who had a Quiet 2007? T Smith / N Cayless
Who will be the most improved in 2008? Burt / Gulovou / Inu

Dragons:-

Who had a Quiet 2007? Ryles / Woolford / Hornby
Who will be the most improved in 2008? Morris X2 / Stanley / Chase / Soward / Ned Kelly

Gee_Up

Juniors
Sutton arrived at pre-season plenty lighter and ready to rock. Expect a big year from him.

Luke and Paea will show plenty of improvement as well- the future Kiwi's 7 and 9.

Craig Wing will have a stand out year- he is a big gain for us.

-Dr.J-

Juniors
Ryan said:
Warriors:-

Who had a Quiet 2007? Ropati
Who will be the most improved in 2008? Tate / Witt

Ropati had a good season. Sure, he copped a few injuries but still managed to be second highest try scorer in the team I think. Scored heaps, was getting 2 a game for the ones he played at one stage. I think he'd be odds on to be the most improved this coming year. I am admittedly biased because I see a huge potential in the guy and some amazing skills.

I also think Sonny Fai is going to take the NRL by storm this coming year. He can't miss out this time around, he was one of the highest try scorers in the prems last year which isn't easy to do from the second row. We need more creativity in our backrow and with him and Lauaki who is also on the improve this will help.

I don't know whether this guy Henderson we're getting to replace Gatis is any good or not, but I'm thinking he's either going to be awesome or woeful. Because we have reports that always seem to be firmly to one side or the other.

I've always thought Manu was a bit of a waste of physical attributes but he was starting to really use his brain toward the end of the last season before copping an injury. He was a walking brainfart that, in typical poly fashion, used to just like running through people. This doesn't work forever, and seeing him being more evasive under the tutelage of Wade McKinnon made him truely exciting to watch as the season wrapped up. If he can sort those hands out he will finally kick on to become a feared opponent this coming season.

Witt, despite being much maligned was very good for us last season. I expect more of the same this coming season. One of those players that's trendy to dislike, but has been developing all the while and could become rep quality.

Crockett needs to work on his high ball, and his sexual assault charge (sic) but has great footwork and an assload of pace. I saw some really sizzling plays by the guy in glimpses last season and I hope he can sort out his defensive and legal woes to show us something this coming season. I don't like the thought of our first choice being Paddy Ah Van, who went backward last season. Might he get back to the levels we saw him play in 06, and at lower grades?

Anyways I'm farting on a bit much about my team - Missing my fix

watatank

Coach
Ryan said:
Dragons:-

Who had a Quiet 2007? Ryles / Woolford / Hornby
Who will be the most improved in 2008? Morris X2 / Stanley / Chase / Soward / Ned Kelly

When Ryles took the field he was always among the best performed. Shame he couldn't string more games together...

aqua_duck

Coach
Side Step Cleal said:
Tamati Nathan to step up big time for the BULLDOGS
I'll be very surpised if he plays 1st grade, then again if Chris Armit is your number 1 prop, you never know anything can happen....

Big Mick

Referee
aqua_duck said:
I heard he was seeking a release (which wasn't granted) because supercoach doesn't want to play him in the halves, and wesser has the fullback spot secured

You heard wrong.

I know personally that is bullcrap.

I did know that last year Roosters, Titans, Sharks and Souths were circling, but then he resigned to end of 2009.

He has had some off-field problems in 2007...and has gotten a taste of first grade. The club has helped him through that, and he has stated he'll play wherever.

Elliot has said that he will get a chance in the halves in the trials, so I really don't know where you are getting that from...

He is training at both fullback and in the halves in pre-season, along with a number of other options he will get his chance in the trials and see how he goes.

And by no means is Wesser's fullback spot secured...he's had 2-3 quiet seasons in a row Wess...and he tries to be a five-eight when all he should be doing is running onto the ball at pace...but apparantly he's been working hard. I got a feeling however that some of the young guys will overlap the first graders very quickly in 2008 if they don't perform.

Pigskin

Juniors
strange as it sounds, i think our season (given reasonable injury toll) revolves around Joel Clinton ... he is the difference between us making the 8 - which we do every year and will continue to do while such mediocrity exists - OR being genuine threats for another title

He is just the type of guy that a) could relish a new environment b) will relish the big crowds and big games c) he "should" be hungry to try his hand at rep footy and has picked the perfect club to try again from

sure we have other key factors * how Wallace goes * how Locky's injury goes * can our 3/4s hold up * progression of Taylor/Sims/Hannant/Thaiday

Joel is the key ... thats how i see it

Oink !

Latest posts