What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your most improved in 2008

Charlie124

First Grade
Id like to see the whole standard of play lift from what it was this year, it seemed there was only 2 teams playing consistantly well the whole year and they ended up in the GF. Id love to see at least 7 or 8 teams really fighting for the top spots in 2008, not just falling into the 8 due to the team below them playing worse.

OVP

Coach
Charlie124 said:
Id like to see the whole standard of play lift from what it was this year, it seemed there was only 2 teams playing consistantly well the whole year and they ended up in the GF. Id love to see at least 7 or 8 teams really fighting for the top spots in 2008, not just falling into the 8 due to the team below them playing worse.

Good post. You know something ? I think you will get your wish :)

Hanscholo

Bench
I think Armit from the Bulldogs will have an amazing year, from the few glimpses i had if him late last year he is looking like a superb player after a slow start.

aqua_duck

Coach
armit to finish the year in prem, to be honest I rkn he's rubbish, and if he ever plays rep footy i'll give it away

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Steve Simpson - He was still one of our best players last year but hopefully we can have a injury free run for a bit and he can show everyone what he does best.

Amos Roberts - Was dissapointed in him last year, he had a few good touches but for most of the year you didn't hear boo from him.

Munky

Coach
Jarrod Sammut.

We need this bloke to fire, if he does we can challenge for the comp.

If he doesn't we are rooted. It's not like we can do worse than a wooden spoon though.

mongoose

Coach
Munky said:
Jarrod Sammut.

If he doesn't we are rooted. It's not like we can do worse than a wooden spoon though.

thats a lot of pressure for a player who has only played few games of first grade.

Sober

Juniors
David Simmons. I think he'll have a good year this year, under pressure to hold his spot.

aqua_duck

Coach
Munky said:
Jarrod Sammut.

I heard he was seeking a release (which wasn't granted) because supercoach doesn't want to play him in the halves, and wesser has the fullback spot secured

I think Todd Carney from the Raiders is set for a big year. After a "disrupted" 07 I think he will turn it around in 08, he will be a definite Country origin starter and a possible NSW starter IMO.

macavity

Referee
For us Knights, I am hearing good things about Danny Wicks & Wes Naiqama - apparently both have turned up with a great attitude, and are learning quickly under a real coach. both had shocking years last year, so the only way is up.

Dan Tolar also looks set for a good year with us, he is trimming down and looking to be a 60-80 minute backrower rather than a bash-em-up prop. We know he has good ball skills and a sound tackling technique, so if he can get his motor right he could be an Alan Tounge type player (ranga head and all)... guess we will see.

Bring on '08 already!!

Godz Illa

Coach
The second generation Saints to lead us to glory like their fathers/uncles before them. Gasnier, Young and Morris.

Munky

Coach
aqua_duck said:
I heard he was seeking a release (which wasn't granted) because supercoach doesn't want to play him in the halves, and wesser has the fullback spot secured

If he plays in the halves his career will be finished within two years.

That or he never makes a tackle...

I'm willing to ditch Wesser so Sammut can play a Lockyeresque role at fullback.

aqua_duck

Coach
You may be willing to ditch Wesser but I don't think Elliot will, and to be honest I agree with him, I'd feel alot safer with Wesser at the back and at his best Wesser still has the speed to trouble any defence