What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your NRL controversial take

SBD82

Coach
I despise how much space Origin takes up in the general Rugby League discourse.

Who cares about a glorified exhibition series which exists for the purpose of appeasing Queenslanders? To the detriment of the club competition, which pays the player's wages?
You’ve just forgotten what it’s like to support a shit team for years on end.

Origin is a welcome respite from watching club footy and gives me a chance to watch elite players in a team that I support .

Origin is a welcome respite from watching club footy and gives me a chance to watch elite players in a team that I support .
There’s still the Kangaroos. The internationals should be bigger than Origin but the media prefer to talk up a game that hasn’t matched the hype for a long, long time.

Wizardman

First Grade

I could not agree more. Being a Wests Tigers and Qld supporter, you'd have no idea how much origin has kept me sane in regard to enjoying rugby league.

Danish

Referee
Rule changes made in the name of protecting players should be under the sole discretion of the RLPA.

if the players want to allow shoulder charges, don’t want HIAs etc, they should be allowed to vote on it and the NRL build it into their enterprise agreement to ensure legal protection.

Thanks you reminded me of another one.

I have minimal interest in internationals besides it being more rugby league. I support them because I understand their importance for growing the sport, but I'm not invested in them in any way.
And thanks for highlighting the problem. The game needs to get internationals to a level that’ll make you lower your trousers.

siv

First Grade
Players must stand up after being tackled, raise the ball 1 metre above the ground before playing the ball with your foot

Players wearing different coloured shoes and not pulling their socks up, Phil Gould some how still on 9, the lack international league....

Freaking he'll where do I begin

docbrown

Coach
As long as you don't put the receiver in a dangerous position you should be able to contest a ball that it's in the air whilst the receiver is leaping off the ground. It should be a proper contest.

40/20's should be allowed at any part of the field, as long as the ball lands in the opposition half uncontested before going out, whilst also going at least 40 metres. It adds a legitimate kicking attack tactic that isn't just kicking on the last tackle.

5 minute sin bins for lower tier issues.