What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your NSW vs Your QLD

White Poiner

Coach
2005LukeCovell.jpg

don that is the worst editing of a picture i have ever seen.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kiwi

First Grade
For the record. Dane Carlaw is seriously out of form, and playing in the QLD cup, so he wont be making the QLD team.

oxenham

Juniors
QLD
1. Rhys Wesser
2. Billy Slater
3. Steven Bell
4. Shaun Berrigan
5. Matt Sing
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Scott Prince
8. Steve Price
9. Cameron Smith
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Carl Webb
12. Tonie Carroll
13. Jason Smith

14. Corey Parker
15. Michael Crocker
16. Dallas Johnson
17. Matthew Bowen/Willie Tonga

NSW
1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Luke Rooney
3. Matt Cooper
4. Matt King
5. Luke Lewis
6. Scott Hill
7. Matt Orford
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Luke Priddis
10. Luke Bailey
11. Nathan HIndmarsh
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Craig Wing
15. Jason Ryles
16. Andrew Ryan
17. Ryan Hoffman/Anthony Watmough

Kiwi

First Grade
This is going to be a first for a while. Lets face it people, Orford wont get picked, and neither will Hill. It'll be Kimmorley/Gower and Barrett. And if Barrett is injured it'll Kimmorley and Gower in the halves. That will give the QLD team the better halves. Which ever way they go, Seymour / Lockyer or Prince / Lockyer, it's still better.

RABK

Referee
This is going to be a first for a while. Lets face it people, Orford wont get picked, and neither will Hill. It'll be Kimmorley/Gower and Barrett. And if Barrett is injured it'll Kimmorley and Gower in the halves. That will give the QLD team the better halves. Which ever way they go, Seymour / Lockyer or Prince / Lockyer, it's still better.

Barrett shits on Lockyer at rep level. If Barrett plays we have the better halfs. Barrett was born to wear the sky blue. If Barrett is out we will still have the better halfs. Ours can defend.

Kiwi

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:

Your kidding? Barrett sh*ts on Lockyer at rep level. Barrett was born to wear the sky blue. Barrett and Kimmorley is a great halfs combo.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess there had to be someone who thought so that wasn't a Dragons fan.

:arrow:

RABK

Referee
He does though, did you watch origin 3 last year? Not to mention that he can tackle.

Kiwi

First Grade
He does though, did you watch origin 3 last year? Not to mention that he can tackle.

Lets see using your logic from the Johns topic, do I just start mentioning the media, greats and players who rate Lockyer as the best player in the game at all levels?

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
am i the only one who wouldnt be picking berrigan as a certainty for the centres spot???? I dunno about you but id much prefer tonga , bell , tate or even the option to move a playerl ike slater or sing there (since they have a stack of fullbac\wingers). I would push berrigan to bench, i dont think hes a good centre, and im sure some people will cut him up out wide tonight

RABK

Referee
Answer this. Can Lockyer tackle?

If he ever does become an Immortal they will have to have a picture of Carroll in the backgroun of Lockyers.

All forms and media mention Johns and Lockyer as two of the greatest players off all time.

But i've never heard them refer to Lockyer as the complete package. Johns is a very rare player who would be in the top 5 of almost every facet you could rate a player. But how about we don't get this thread of track. ;-)

Kiwi

First Grade
Answer this. Can Lockyer tackle?

If he ever does become an Immortal they will have to have a picture of Carroll in the backgroun of Lockyers.

All forms and media mention Johns and Lockyer as two of the greatest players off all time.

But i've never heard them refer to Lockyer as the complete package. Johns is a very rare player who would be in the top 5 of almost every facet you could rate a player. But how about we don't get this thread of track. ;-)

Getting back to your claim of Barrett being better, obviously you got nothing on that front.

And on Lockyer being able to tackle. Yes he can tackle, he is improving in terms of what he was doing this time last year. The guy went from making 5 tackles a game to 25, and thats with Stagg and Carroll taking alot that come his way. Teams are targeting him big time in attack with big forwards, not because he can't tackle, but because they want to wear him down because he can take the game away from them with ease.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Barret...Lockyer...you will only be arguing about those 2 being the best five eigths for another month...a new talent is about to take over and hes someone i like to call the master

pantherz9103

First Grade
My NSW Team

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Luke Lewis
3. Matt Cooper
4. Matt King
5. Luke Rooney
6. Craig Gower
7. Brett Kimmorley (Captain)
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Luke Priddis
10. Jason Ryles
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Trent Waterhouse
15. Craig Wing
16. Andrew Ryan
17. Luke Bailey

Queensland

1. Rhys Wesser
2. Billy Slater
3. Shaun Berrigan
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matt Sing
6. Darren Lockyer (Captain)
7. Scott Prince
8. Steven Price
9. Cameron Smith
10. Petero Civonicieva
11. Michael Crocker
12. Brad Thorn
13. Tonie Carroll

14. Ben Ross
15. Matt Bowen
16. Carl Webb
17. Jason Smith

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
pantherz9103 said:
My NSW Team

2. Luke Lewis
5. Luke Rooney

While I dont agree on you leaving Luke Superboot Covell and Paul Rock Gallen out, I applaud you for giving Kimmorley the captaincy, deserves it.

Special K

Coach
NSW

1. Minichello
2. Rooney
3. Gasiner
4. King
5. Lewis
6. Barrett
7. Kimmorley
8. Stevens now O'Meley is out
9. Buderus
10. L.Bailey
11. Hindmarsh
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Kennedy

14. Wing
15. Ryles
16. Gallen
17. Tupou/ Watmough but I'd go Tupou as he can play prop and I think you need two props on the bench in origin.

QLD

1. Wesser
2. Slater
3. Berrigan
4. Tonga
5. Sing
6. Lockyer
7. Prince (I'd like to see Bowen here but)
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Crocker
12. Carroll
13. Smith

14. Bowen
15. Thorn
16. Nutley
17. Webb

pantherz9103

First Grade
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
pantherz9103 said:
My NSW Team

2. Luke Lewis
5. Luke Rooney

While I dont agree on you leaving Luke Superboot Covell and Paul Rock Gallen out, I applaud you for giving Kimmorley the captaincy, deserves it.

The logical choice for the captaincy with Buderus overlooked and Joey not fit ;-)

By the way Covell is no chance you must be doing all this pro-Covell crap for laugh.

Gallen is a good player but won't make Origin this year, but a possible future Blue.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Tupou is a stone cold certainty. He's f**king awesome and would be devastating off the bench.

NSW:

1. Anthony MINICHIELLO
2. Luke ROONEY
3. Ryan CROSS
4. Mark GASNIER
5. Luke LEWIS
6. Trent BARRETT
7. Brett KIMMORLEY (Johns when/if he's back)
8. Luke BAILEY
9. Danny BUDERUS
10. Jason RYLES (O'Meley when/if he's back)
11. Andrew RYAN
12. Nathan HINDMARSH
13. Craig FITZGIBBON

14. Anthony TUPOU
15. Joel CLINTON
16. Anthony WATMOUGH
17. Craig WING

QLD:

1. Matt BOWEN
2. Billy SLATER
3. Willie TONGA
4. Shaun BERRIGAN
5. Matt SING
6. Darren LOCKYER
7. Scott PRINCE
8. Steve PRICE
9. Cameron SMITH
10. Petero CIVONICEVA
11. Tonie CARROLL
12. Brad THORN
13. Jason SMITH

14. Ben ROSS
15. Carl WEBB
16. Michael CROCKER
17. Jonathon THURSTON

panther mark

Juniors
nsw
1 mini
2 lewis
3 gasnier
4 king
5 rooney
6 anasta
7 gower
8 bailey
9 priddis
10 o'meley
11 hindmarsh
12 fitzgibbon
13 kennedy

14 clinton
15 waterhouse
16 wing
17 hoffman

qld
1 wesser
2 bott
3 tonga
4 slater
5 sing
6 lockyer
7 prince
8 price
9 smith
10 civoniceva
11 webb
12 stagg
13 caroll

14 ross
15 nutley
16 crocker
17 bowen

Tommy Smith

Referee
Anyone who thinks Ryan Hoffman a) offers more b) is more talented and c) actually deserves a spot over Tupou should have their head examined. People are picking him in their side because of one or two off-loads vs the Broncos. Kind of reminds me of when Brad Meyers played for AUstralia because of one off-load in Origin.

Don't get me wrong, he's talented. But a few decent games doesn't get you ahead in the selection queue.