What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Opinion - Toughest Player In Each Team?

Abz

Juniors
Broncos: Tonie Carroll - Hard hitting, never slows down, always gives 110%
Bulldogs: Sonny-Bill Williams - Hardest hitter of the team, not affraid to give opponents a taste of his shoulder
Raiders: Lincoln Withers - Might be one of the smallest players on the field, but never stops when he's on a roll
Cowboys: Carl Webb - Hard hitter, runner, and good tackler
Sea Eagles: Anthony Watmough - Keeps running even if he's been opened up
Storm: Brett White - Hard and fast runner. Gives his all everytime
Knights: Danny Buderus - Hard strong tackler and backs it up with fine runs and always backs his team up
Eels: Fuifui Moimoi - Runs hard and strong and always brings a murmur from his home fans when hitting up
Panthers: Petero Civinoceva - 32 years old and still running as hard as ever. Big strong metres every hit
Sharks: Greg Bird - Tough as nails, no nonsense player
Rabbitohs: Roy Asotasi - Hard hits and carries everytime
Dragons: Jason Ryles - Despite his injuries, keeps coming back for more and never stops
Roosters: Nate Myles - Hard strong hitter. Blood doesn't seem to slow him down
Warriors: Ruben Wiki - How long has it been now? 16 years? His engine still seems fresh after all this time
Tigers: Todd Payten - Runs hard and strong from the kickoff
Titans: Nathan Friend - Another one of the pocket-rockets, an energiser bunny who plays the 80 and takes on the big forwards.

Last edited:

ethos

Live Update Team
The toughest player in the NRL is Brett Hodgson.

He gets thrown around like a rag dog but he always runs hard and puts his body on the line in defence.

Azkatro

First Grade
Carl Webb would get comfortably lapped in this department by half the Cowboys' side, most notably Steve Southern. Unless by "tough" you mean "strong".

God-King Dean

Immortal
BRONCOS: Carroll - Like a rock in defence. Haven't seen anyone gets over him.
DOGS: SBW - Wouldn't like to run at him.
RAIDERS: Tongue - Reminds me of a little cattle dog. Just keeps going.
COWBOYS: O'Donnell - A real stand over man.
SEA EAGLES: Matai - A f*ckwit... but this little bloke puts on some of the biggest hits I've seen, & a nutter to boot.
STORM: Crocker - Stand over man. I don't think it's co-incidence Storm have only lost once with him in the team.
KNIGHTS: Buderus - Over-rated, passed it, whatever. One thing no one can question is his toughness. Heart & soul of Newcastle.
PARRA: Hindmarsh - Same boat as Buderus. Say what you want, but he gives 100% every game.
PENRITH: Civinoceva - Always leaves a dint in the defensive line.
SHARKS: Gallen - A cheap-shot merchant, but you can get away with that sh*t when you're a hardarse. Doesn't like losing.
LOL@SOUFFS: Luke - Only a little bloke, & can be a speedhump, but he always has a go, & doesn't back down.
DRAGONS: Ryles - Passionate hard worker. Never seen him back down in the game of fisticuffs.
ROOSTERS: Fitzgibbon - Heart & soul player. Hitups, tackles, he does it all without fuss.
WARRIORS: Price - No fuss, hardworker. One of the best props.
TIGERS: Hodgson - Personal hero of mine. Gets smashed so many times, but he remains fearless in attack & defence. This pretzel doesn't break.
TITANS: Bailey - The bull.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
BRONCOS: Carroll - Like a rock in defence. Haven't seen anyone gets over him.
DOGS: SBW - Wouldn't like to run at him.
RAIDERS: Tongue - Reminds me of a little cattle dog. Just keeps going.
COWBOYS: O'Donnell - A real stand over man.
SEA EAGLES: Matai - A f*ckwit... but this little bloke puts on some of the biggest hits I've seen, & a nutter to boot.
STORM: Crocker - Stand over man. I don't think it's co-incidence Storm have only lost once with him in the team.
KNIGHTS: Buderus - Over-rated, passed it, whatever. One thing no one can question is his toughness. Heart & soul of Newcastle.
PARRA: Hindmarsh - Same boat as Buderus. Say what you want, but he gives 100% every game.
PENRITH: Civinoceva - Always leaves a dint in the defensive line.
SHARKS: Gallen - A cheap-shot merchant, but you can get away with that sh*t when you're a hardarse. Doesn't like losing.
LOL@SOUFFS: Luke - Only a little bloke, & can be a speedhump, but he always has a go, & doesn't back down.
DRAGONS: Ryles - Passionate hard worker. Never seen him back down in the game of fisticuffs.
ROOSTERS: Fitzgibbon - Heart & soul player. Hitups, tackles, he does it all without fuss.
WARRIORS: Price - No fuss, hardworker. One of the best props.
TIGERS: Hodgson - Personal hero of mine. Gets smashed so many times, but he remains fearless in attack & defence. This pretzel doesn't break.
TITANS: Bailey - The bull.

Pretty much the players i would of come up with. Luke/Asotasi levelled for Souths.

aqua_duck

Coach
knights:Kurt Gidley, makes 200m a game from fullback, runs it up hard and isn't scared to get hit. ALso special mention to Matt Hilder, has started 2 games this season and is averaging over 50 tackles a game when he starts

Inferno

Coach
The toughest player in the NRL is Brett Hodgson.

He gets thrown around like a rag dog but he always runs hard and puts his body on the line in defence.

Agreed, only player I saw get more hammered week in week out was Todd Polglase. What ever happened to him? Went to Newy I think they just disappeared.

melbourne_belle

Juniors
Ahh Toddy Polglase loved this kid, got smashed everytime he touched the ball and even when he didn't have the ball, but kept on keeping on. He was the little engine that could lol
Was shattered when he retired LOL

innsaneink

Referee
A bloke played for Wests before my time called Jim Cody, just looking at his photos, he had the ''dont f**k with me'' look.

Hodgo -- daylight --- the rest.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Warriors: Ruben Wiki - How long has it been now? 16 years? His engine still seems fresh after all this time

lol

If you want to see the definition of a player who has kept playing past his prime, or indeed a prop forward who plays soft, Wiki 2006-2008 is your man.

Latest posts