What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your origin routine?

Usain Bolt

Bench
Obviously it doesnt kick of till 10pm NZ time but my Origin day is usually

4.30-5pm get home from work and have something to eat and shower

6pm - get down the pub, meet up with mates

7pm- poker starts at our local on wednesday,

6-9.30 depending how long you last in poker you are either playing, drinking, playing pool or on the pokies

9-10 our local have boat races between NSW and QLD supporters, teams of four and winner gets $100 bar tab

10pm - kick off, by this time most of the patrons are intoxicated from the boat races

midnight game ends, depending who won there is either a brawl, celebratory drinks or you go home sulking

Our Local is a nice mix of NSW and QLD supporters as well which makes for good banter

When tickets go on sale for the Suncorp game, buy one. When tickets go on sale for the ANZ game, buy one. Go to a mate's place in Pomona and watch the one game to which I am not going to in person. There I have one of the two occasions of the year where I have a drink. The other occasion when I have a drink is at a mate's place in Cronulla the night after the Sydney game.

I've followed this routine for a few years now, except for 2010 when I watched all three games in person and QLD got a clean-sweep. :)

I'm going to Pomona tonight, because I have tickets to Game 2 in Sydney and Game 3 in Brisbane.

Watch game, get depressed as NSW loses the plot, get more depressed when they lose, curse the selectors, try and fight off more depression, go to bed.

betcats

Referee
I spend most of the day kicking the shit out of my Billy Slater voodoo doll, at about 4 30pm i give up and start smashing the beers and bongs in my bedroom. Come gametime i'll be in a filthy stupor dribbling over myself while trying to drive to the pub, and will be lucky not to green out and throw up on merkins.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Kick family out of house.

Remove sharp objects.

Remove blunt objects.

Open Burbon bottle.

Curse Inglis and point to map.

Sit in awe of his Gallenness.

Apey

Staff member
Lay on bed and watch it in my room. Throw head into bed every time NSW does something f**king stupid, shaking my head to the rhythm of "No no no no no". Pretty much the same routine for Knights FTA away games.

Strategically alter my sleeping routine a week before Origin so that I'm waking up at midnight and going to bed at around 3pm.

Buy some beers and watch Origin with my brother at 11am.

The glamorous life of a British origin fan

Broncomum

Juniors
I shall be saying my prayer

Gird thy loins Queenslander, and adorn the holy maroon!
Saint Arthur of Beetson intercedes on behalf of the canetoad.
Now bow your heads and say the prayer:

Our Queenslander both the classy and the bevan,
Origin League be thy game.
With king hits flung, may bills be won-
On the turf, through the strategy of Malcolm.
Let us get paid on nineteen plus spread,
And for kids, the free bus passes.
As we forgive those roaches for previous upsets,
And Lewis nods, true inspiration.
Artie, deliver us a 3 - nil.
For Nine will broadcast
the power and glory.
Forever on a Wednesday. Amen.

redvscotty

First Grade
Sit in front of TV, drink whatever booze in the house I have, swear, abuse TV.

Drink of choice for Origin:

Tallies.

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
5.30PM - 2 Yr old boy bathed, fed and passed (Jonathan Thurston style) to wife for the rest of the night.
6.00PM - Head down the road to pick up beer and pizza.
6.30PM - Mate comes around.
6.31PM - Find comfy couch seat
10.00PM - Get up from couch seat celebrating another QLD victory!

Tweed Titan

Bench
Watch game
Abuse referees
Count my chickens too early
Wonder aloud why Archer has such shit hair

Glad I won't have to worry about the fourth thing on the list tonight.

jargan83

Coach
Knock off work at about 5pm and then sprint from work to a mates place where the game is on live (f**k waiting until Channel 9 show the game over here)

Past few years at full time I have wondered why I keep going to said mates place to watch Origin surrounded by Queenslanders

Big Pete

Referee
Pizza & Drinks with the family is the traditional routine.

Otherwise I'll go to somebody elses place, a pub or the game itself and watch it there.

Then try and long back on here asap to either celebrate or congratulate & then dissect the game based on replays.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Family booted, burbon open, sharp and blunt objects removed.

Currently looking at a map, turns out Bowraville is in NSW.

*Points to map*

Awaiting his awesomeness