What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Panthers Memorabilia

The yak

Juniors
I like getting the hats. Usually, get one most years. A signed jersey.
I have a bunch of Big League Mags from the '80s somewhere.

GongPanther

Referee
Hello GongPanther 1978 was definitely the year I went to the semis just to watch them left afterwards , much to the bemusement of the guy on the gate , but missed the GF. Very excited afterwards, our first title. I could talk for days about that team and the '73 U/23's team. Great memories.
Went to the semis as well, but my mind is an absolute blank on that game.

Big Bill

Juniors
Went to the semis as well, but my mind is an absolute blank on that game.
Had some great talent in the team at least 13 went on to play 1st grade. Graeme Jennings, Warren Fenton, Ray Blacklock, Henry Foster, Ken Wolffe, and Steve Martin were probably the best known, but some didn’t go as far as they should. Trevor Grant was on one wing, a great talent but disappeared the following year if I remember correctly. Wayne Ducker, Kevin Langden, Doug Reilly, Mick Power, David Hall, Wayne Seaton , Timmy Armistead were other very good players and it didn't stop there. We won 23 to 8 if I remember .

GongPanther

Referee
Had some great talent in the team at least 13 went on to play 1st grade. Graeme Jennings, Warren Fenton, Ray Blacklock, Henry Foster, Ken Wolffe, and Steve Martin were probably the best known, but some didn’t go as far as they should. Trevor Grant was on one wing, a great talent but disappeared the following year if I remember correctly. Wayne Ducker, Kevin Langden, Doug Reilly, Mick Power, David Hall, Wayne Seaton , Timmy Armistead were other very good players and it didn't stop there. We won 23 to 8 if I remember .
Tim Armistead I think up playing for Parra, or was it Ray Spurr?

GongPanther

Referee
I think Tim finished with us and came back as an assistant to Tim Sheens. Ray Spurr I think you're right went to Parra.
Thanks. I wish there was some kind of year to year database which shows each clubs grades and their players.

Pomoz

Bench
Thanks. I wish there was some kind of year to year database which shows each clubs grades and their players.
Not sure what you are looking for, but this site has lots of first grade information. http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/

It goes back to 1908 for NSWRL. Here is our squad from 1967. There is some missing information, but it's a good start.
Player ↓RepAgeTGFGPts
APPLEBEE, DavidNew South Wales City Firsts206--18
BAILEY, Neil--7116
BROWN, AndrewAustralia New South Wales Firsts New South Wales City Firsts31----
BURGMANN, Maurie-----
CROTTY, Warren-----
CRUST, Wal-----
FAGAN, LaurieNew South Wales Firsts262-312
GILLON, Ern-----
HARRIS, BarryNew South Wales Firsts New South Wales Country Firsts29----
HATTON, Paul-----
HUGHES, Phil-----
JOHNSTONE, Russell-3--9
LANDERS, BobNew South Wales Firsts-635-88
McCALL, Bill-2--6
MORAN, GrahameNew South Wales Country Firsts-13-9
PECKHAM, Wayne-5-117
PIPER, George-2--6
RAPER, Maurie-4-216
RICKETSON, DougNew South Wales Country Firsts-----
SINCLAIR, JackAustralia New South Wales Firsts-----
TONKIN, Bill-----
WALDIE, Geoff-1--3
WATKINS, John-----
WILSON, Tom-----
WORKMAN, Ronald281--3
25 players1 cur. / 8 tot.27.2233457203

roofromoz

First Grade

There are the old Rugby League News magazines on Trove, which became Big League in 1974 - has all the match day team lists, including the junior grades such as Ball and Flegg. Particularly with the junior grades, you see names in those lists which pop up in the first grade team lists about 5 or so years later.

Been quite handy for my 'project' - see the link in the signature ;)

roofromoz

First Grade
So what's everyones haul from the premiership?

I've got the bar runner, a couple of coolers and the shirts for myself and my kids already arrived. I loved the bar runner so much I ordered a second and it's going to be my mouse mat once it arrives

View attachment 55254

View attachment 55256

Waiting on the 2021 Premiers jersey which had I think mid November delivery, the $2k framed signed jersey which will be gifts to myself.

Getting hats, wall flag etc. For Christmas off family and probably going to double up on stuff as Panthers gear is all anyone gets me for christmas.

Mysigned framed jersey will be hung alongside this. But might look weird with the size difference.

View attachment 55257

But I'll figure it out. Worst case this moves to my bedroom. I think my premiers jersey for wear is what Im eager for most.

Jersey (just the home one, not the premiers one), DVD, stubbie holder so far. May pick up a few other bits and pieces over the next few months but nothing too expensive I don't think.

Found my 2003 stash the other week - the Big League magazine, a couple of shirts, the papers the day after, and a large poster which I ended up having laminated for some reason (just as well as it may not have been in as a pristine condition otherwise), and also the season review on VHS (didn't have a DVD player at the time).

GongPanther

Referee
Jersey (just the home one, not the premiers one), DVD, stubbie holder so far. May pick up a few other bits and pieces over the next few months but nothing too expensive I don't think.

Found my 2003 stash the other week - the Big League magazine, a couple of shirts, the papers the day after, and a large poster which I ended up having laminated for some reason (just as well as it may not have been in as a pristine condition otherwise), and also the season review on VHS (didn't have a DVD player at the time).
A few weeks ago I found a stack of RLW magazines from the 2003 season. I'll have to check to see if they are from every week. What is the best site to sell memorabilia these days? I do have an E-Bay account, but I'm green under the gills at selling stuff. Got some super rare items as well.

murraymob

First Grade
Well Penrith winning is a expensive exercise
Just when you think the memorabilia is all out more is found
Just added beer cans from rusty penny a local brewer and now tooheys have a premiers can lucky to grab a few

Fangs

Coach
Well Penrith winning is a expensive exercise
Just when you think the memorabilia is all out more is found
Just added beer cans from rusty penny a local brewer and now tooheys have a premiers can lucky to grab a few

I was a bit disappointed with the Tooheys can. I haven't compared to other premiership winning teams but it looked a bit bland.

Haven't grabbed the 'Penrith Lager' yet. Out of stock on the website. Who has them?

murraymob

First Grade
I was a bit disappointed with the Tooheys can. I haven't compared to other premiership winning teams but it looked a bit bland.

Haven't grabbed the 'Penrith Lager' yet. Out of stock on the website. Who has them?
Rusty penny a local brewer had a limited run I think they sold out fast .doubt they are doing any more