What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your preferred centre/wing combos

2 Gafa
3 Franciscus
4 Mogg
5 Frawley

Can't see frawley lasting in the centres he's still a winger for mine. gafa on the wing as he deserves to be in first grade and cause smith will play somewhere in the halves. This is our best combination but i'm never right and i'm biased towards Franciscus. this is what it will be:
2 Gafa
3 Frawley
4 Mogg
5 Graham

Still not bad. We have so many good backs in reggies we definately need more quality forwards.

Raider_69

Post Whore
For mine the only question on the backline is in what order do you put Graham and Frawley... the players to make it are set in stone for mine

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Frawley will play in the centres. I think Graham will struggle to make the side, but if he does it will be on the wing.

I wonder where this leaves Gafa?

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Frawley is NOT a centre. Definately better suited to winger IMO. Time will tell. Combo's will depend on the style we play next year.

Gafa
Graham
Mogg
Smith

Does anyone know what has happened to Alwyn Simpson. I was checking out Big League and I see he's playing fullback for Souths-Logan this week. Is he still contacted? If so for how long and why isnt he playing in our reggies.

One more thing our backline stocks for next year looks impressive: Schif, Chalk, Goodwin and Simpson (if he is still contracted).

twistedbydesign

Juniors
To me the situation in the 3 quarters looks pretty good. Not one person has listed robbo in their sides and yet it was widely agreed he was our best back for the first 6 or 8 rounds on the year. I say this not as a Robbo promotion, but an example of hte depth in our side.

for me our starting backline should be this;

1 shif
2 phil
3 mogg
4 frawley
5 gaf
6 j smith
7 mac

phil HAS to be there. Yes his defence is questionable and yes some games you forget his on the field, but he has an inane ability to score tries, which is something we need- especially now joel has left. Frawley is, to me at least, an unknown quantity in the centres but deserves a shot. Gaf is very important because his just so versatile, and when required to cover in the halves can be replaced by one of several very solid performers, robbo and n smith being the two most notable.

depth is going to be the key. its still not a star studded backline but those waiting in the wings are as strong as at any club, and when injuries occur as they no doubt will it shouldnt have too much of an adverse effect on the team.

greeneyed

First Grade
Frankly... I would prefer to concentrate on the backline THIS year, while we still have the chance at the Premiership.......

Kris_man

Bench
Frankly... I would prefer to concentrate on the backline THIS year, while we still have the chance at the Premiership.......
then frankly, don't post on this topic.

greeneyed

First Grade
kris_man said:
then frankly, don't post on this topic.

I was hoping to put an end to it..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

greeneyed

First Grade
This has to rate as one of the top 5 most boring and speculative topics of all time.... sorry.....

Prodigiousman

Juniors
From what I understand Simpson is playing Qld Cup for experience... it's a weird way of doing it but at least he's getting game time. If you recall we made an agreement with Souths-Logan so I'm all for developing players there.

brenno

Juniors
I've watched a couple of Souths Logan games up here In QLD on the abc. The times i have watched them i've noticed that Alwyn has played well and looks a class above most of the other blokes in the team. For a full-back though his defence is ordinary and he looks like he needs to hit the gym if he wants to play 1st grade. Personally, i think if the raiders really thought he could make 1st grade then he would probably be playing premier league at least and not QLd cup. He has abit of David peachey about his game, agile and evasive ball-runner with some good skills. Like i said though, defence & lack of size seem to be his major flaws. He's also questionable under the high ball and seems to get injured a fair bit for such a young player.

Latest posts