What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your preferred geographic identifier for the Perth footy team

What geographic identifier would you use for a Perth-based club?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Yeh the first Pirates logo was far too busy. The simple version they came out with of just the skull without all the cluttered background is much better, or my version in my pic with some swords.

View attachment 87420
The reason they went with a skeleton as their mascot is because that's what all of us will be reduced to when the ARLC gets around to admitting a Perth-based team in 2074.

MugaB

Coach
I'd love for my logo to be in the NRL! Haha!
'Giants' would be a different name than just trying to find an emblem that's uniquely WA (which not many other sporting teams try to do anyway), however I doubt the bid team will want to go with an emblem from a local team here (especially as nearly all the emblems of local teams here are the same as established NRL teams: Roosters, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Bulldogs, Storm, Titans, Tigers, Rabbitohs, Bears - if you want to call them 'established'. Only Giants, Lions, and Serpents are non-NRL emblems).

My money will be on a new name for the new team. Not Reds, not Pirates, and not a name from an existing NRLWA team.
But again, time will tell.
Perth Lions sounds pretty good

Perth Rats sort of works considering Rottnest Island was named after their rat like inhabitants.

Not very welcoming sounding though.

Perth Rats sort of works considering Rottnest Island was named after their rat like inhabitants.

Not very welcoming sounding though.
Rats is the most appropriate name for this shithouse bid.

The bloke funding the bid makes a living flogging second hand shit and provides high interest loans to drug addicts. The biggest supporter of the club on this forum is a pest who gives everyone the shits with his whining and wants the ARLC to fund his dream.

cinders7

Juniors
Pretty sure the fella who designed the Gold Coast Titans logo is also the one who designed the West Coast Pirates logo too.

I still have my WCP foundation member football too!

Regarding the club's name going forward: While I have very little insider knowledge, I do know that the West Coast Pirates name, logo, and branding is not owned by NRLWA, as I would have thought they would. I also know that the WCP name, ect, was 'under review' a couple of years ago, with the insinuation that it would not be in use when the official bid is made public.

Time will tell.

Personally, the 'WA' name is my choice, but it kinda depends on what the rest of the chosen name is.
It was such an exciting time, the re-birth of the WA Reds, the launch of the Pirates, it all seemed to be leading somewhere... Here we are over a decade later with no change.
Bit of weird history for us to keep I guess, like those who have GC Dolphins jerseys.

I'm also happy to hear it semi-confirmed elsewhere they won't be using the Pirates brand.

blue bags

First Grade
It was such an exciting time, the re-birth of the WA Reds, the launch of the Pirates, it all seemed to be leading somewhere... Here we are over a decade later with no change.
Bit of weird history for us to keep I guess, like those who have GC Dolphins jerseys.

I'm also happy to hear it semi-confirmed elsewhere they won't be using the Pirates brand.
Gold coast dolphin. What's you talking about 🤔

MugaB

Coach
Gold coast dolphin. What's you talking about 🤔
Before the name was chosen for the titans, in 2007 or around then for that bid, the gold coast bidder wanted to be called gold coast dolphins, which would have seen a teal, orange and white color combo, much like the Miami dolphins, but they had to change it coz redcliffe was going to sue, saying if they ever wanted to join the NRL ( which they did- hindsight!) They weren't allowed to use it, so hence why it the Gold Coast Titans
1006203.jpegimages-14.jpeg

Last edited:

blue bags

First Grade
Before the name was chosen for the titans, in 2007 or around then for that bid, the gold coast bidder wanted to be called gold coast dolphins, which would have seen a teal, orange and white color combo, much like the Miami dolphins, but they had to change it coz redcliffe was going to sue, saying if they ever wanted to join the NRL ( which they did- hindsight!) They weren't allowed to use it, so hence why it the Gold Coast Titans
Golden coast dolphin jerseys ? 😳

Latest posts