What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team for next week

Anonymous

Juniors
Ok before I start I'm making the assumption that Germ and Hindy will be out injured.

I think we definitely need some changes next week, here's what I'd go with:

1-C.Schifcofske
2-N.Smith
3-A.Mogg
4-D.Milne
5-M.Gafa
6-M.McLinden
7-T.Carney
8-R.O'Hara
9-B.Drew (If fit, otherwise J.Lawrence)
10-L.Davico
11-M.Hodgson
12-R.Wiki
13-J.Croker

14-T.Martin
15-A.Rothery
16-M.Weyman
17-T.Campese (If fit, otherwise N.Kouparitsas)

Ok, I think Robbo and Monnas need a sit down (in Monnas case, for good) and I think one obvious replacement is to move Gaf from 5/8 (where he has no real playmaking skill) to the wing. This allows Carney to move in, taking pressure off Marty. The other replacement in the 3/4 was a toss up between PNG and Milne, and I keep hearing good things about Milne, so he narrowly gets my vote, however, either get the nod.

The hooking role I think must go to Drew. I know most of you will disagree with me hear, but, seriously, he is a very good hooker, he just can't really cut it in the halves, after all, the guy did play rep footy this season! The only reason he shouldn't play is if he is still unfit, in which case JL should come in. As for Hindy's replacement, well, Hodgo is virtually a one-for-one swap there, and as he was slated to play tonight, I think he'll be fit for next week.

The bench, Tez and Al hold their spots, I think they are still going along OK. With Weyman back in reserves though, he should come in for Thommo as he just offers way more in attack. The final bench spot should go to Campo if he's fit, for his utilty value all across the backline and in the backrow, if he's still unfit, Nick Kouparitsas who was on a first grade bench earlier this year should come in, as he has equal utility value (but regardless of who's fit, who wants to bet me Bulgabloddyrelli get's the bench utility spot).

Anyway, if Elliot makes the hard calls, we should be able to bounce back next week. I hope so anyway.

Edwahu

Bench
Schif, Gaff, Judas, Mogg, Disco, Toots, Macca, Muss, Hodgo, Hindy, Rhino, Germ, Statue
Bench: Rothers, Mundine, Hodgo, Weyman

Lets give wholesale changes a go for once.

greeneyed

First Grade
The PL was dusted up by a big score too.... we can't guarantee that any of them deserve promotion....

I would actually give Carney some real game time instead of what the coach is presently doing.

I certainly wouldn't promote Franciscus to first grade based on what I have seen of him so far this season. Mundine looks a lot more solid, but I don't think he merits it either.

1. Schifcofske
2. N. Smith
3. Mogg
4. Robbo
5. Gafa
6. Campese- if fit, if not Martin
7. Macca
8. O'Hara
9. Lawrence
10. Davico
11. Wiki
12. Hodgson
13. Croker

14. Martin/ Kouparitsas
15. Rothery
16. Weyman
17. Carney

I heard Drew is still 1-2 weeks away from returning, I'd hate to see him rushed back then break down early on in the match, that's why I have Jarrod in there. With the back-line I retained Robbo, I still think he can be good value to the team

Hopefully Campese will be good and make a return from Injury. If he isn't I would go for Martin at starting 5/8, I know it sounds a little bit crazy But I would prefer Carney coming off the bench againts the very Physical Warriors, that is why I would have Martin/Campese in there for the 1st 20 minutes to try absorb the early pressure, then when the Warriors forwards start to fatique a bit, hit them with Carney.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
This is where we are starting to miss the likes of Philly Graham, and, to a lesser extent, Tongue. The game was possibly half lost by playing Germ and Macca - then the other half was lost when Germ went off and Macca had a head clash.

Martin at 5/8??? I don't think so. I was really p|ssed off that macca had to go into dummy half as much as he did as it left the side with out a play maker in his rightful spot. Elliot should have put Carney on straight away when Germ came off because not one of the other players on the field was really a play maker. Regardless off what everyone else might say about Jason Smith, he should prove to be a good buy so that he can fill in at #6 or #7 if needed.

Anyway, my side for next week:
1 Schif
2 Gafa
3 Mogg
4 Smith
5 Robbo
6 McLinden
7 Carney
8 O'Hara
9 Germ/Drew/Lawrence - pending fitness tests
10 Davico
11 Hodgson
12 Wiki
13 Croker

14 Rothery
15 Martin
16 Thommo
17 Monas

aussies1st

Staff member
I reckon Campease if fit maybe should try centre for now as a lot of the 5/8 and locks have played centre like Jason Crocker, Fitler and co. Defence wise Campo can definitely tackle and it would give another kciking option if needed.

Bay56

First Grade
aussies1st said:
I reckon Campease if fit maybe should try centre for now as a lot of the 5/8 and locks have played centre like Jason Crocker, Fitler and co. Defence wise Campo can definitely tackle and it would give another kciking option if needed.

Agree ... in fact I have always seen him more as a centre than 5/8th. When he was signed I'm sure that was the call from Elliot but I stand to ve corrected if thats not the case.

woodgers

Bench
Lawrence in for an injured Woolford. Hindy played the last 10 i'm pretty sure so he should be right to go. Weyman for Thommo.

I wouldn't start Carney against the Warriors, he will get battered.

Robbo doesn't deserve to be chopped. He was up against Roberts, who got the luckiest bounce in the history of the world to put Lewis in and then had the confidence to outjump him 5 minutes later. He is alright. A lot of you were at the ground so you wouldn't have seen the close up, Robbo was cursing and going off at himself. He will be pumped for this week.

Monna's gets a game on reputation this week and the fact that we lack options in the centres. He had some terrible reads out wide and I haven't seen him go that bad ever. You guys don't seriously think he would play badly on purpose now that he has signed with Roosters. That is ridiculous. If he gets dropped for that and Drew and Bulgarelli kept their spot for how long? I would be pissed off.

Thommo got caught out with lazy inside defence a few times. He has been terrible for a few weeks now and needs to have a think about it. He is a fringe player to start with.

We don't need wholesale changes. We got the Panthers at the worst possible time and no one would have beaten them there last night. We need to forget about it and focus on the Warriors. The other thing, when people pick sides can they at least think about who we are playing instead of just picking a side. You aren't going to start a guy like PNG Steve, who has never played 1st grade up against Meli are you?

1. Schif
2. Smith
3. Mogg
4. Gafa
5. Disco/PNG Steve
6. McLinden
7. Carney
8. Rhino
9. Drew (If fit, he is 10 x better than Lawrence. Put aside your anti-Drew bias, he is a MUCH better hooker than he is a halfback. He must be there).
10. Davico
11. Wiki
12. Hindy
13. Croker

Res:

14. Thompson (had a good game I thought for the limited time he had)
15. Rothery
16. Weyman
17. Hodgson/Martin

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
I think Bulgarelli will be back next week only because Elliot will believe that is the reason we lost by so much! :lol:

BAY72

Juniors
I can't believe that after all this time you want Drew back in the team?

His passing is amature, his tackeling is pathetic and at best laughable. It has taken all year to drop Drew and Booga, and now you want them back in?! #-o

I don't get it.
And most of you are the same people calling to drop Joel as well.

We need full strength. And we can't afford to put in people who may destroy any chance of making the top 4.

Jole had a shocker to night, but besides Mogg, who didn't?

It is ridiculous to think he would deliberately play badly.

Raiders 2004 said:
I think Bulgarelli will be back next week only because Elliot will believe that is the reason we lost by so much! :lol:

That's deadset the first thing I thought of after the game. :lol:

greeneyed

First Grade
I certainly don't want Drew in first grade ever again. Monaghan should be told he is on a one match warning. Otherwise he should be dropped as well.

jed

First Grade
If Germ is gone

1 Schif
2 Smith
3 Mogg
4 Monas
5 Robbo
6 Gafa
7 Carney
8 Rhino
9 Drew (if fit, otherwise McLinden)
10 Statue
11 Wiki
12 Hindy
13 Croker

Bench from Hodgo (if fit), Rothery, Weyman, Matrin & Mundine

If Woolford's OK, he get's his position.

1. Shifcofske
2. Robertson
3. Mogg
4. Monaghan
5. J Smith
6. The Gaff
7. McLinden
8. O'Hara
9. Drew (if Woolford is out, otherwise I think he would still be handy on the bench)
10. Davico
11. Hindmarsh (or Martin if he's injured, put on the best kick of the game)
12. Wiki
13. Croker

14. Thompson
15. The Roth
16. Miller
17. Carney or Drew depending on circumstance