What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Team for Parra Game?

tigergal

Juniors
southern tiger, if marshall was to get dropped to premier league, not only would we be hurting our ability in attack, we would be hurting our chances of keeping him. He is off contract next season and is currently only get 25 000 a year.. and if the gold coast team is allowed in there is a chance he may want to go there... premier league for benji and tigers would be a step backward, id even be dissapointed if he gets put on bench, everybody has a bad game, it doesnt mean they should get dropped. Benji offers us soo much in attack and while he may not be comfortable in 5/8 yet, i think stick with him or put him in centers for now with prince at 5/8 and kerr at half back or swap prince and kerr, either way...

4-Marshall
5- Fitzy
6-Prince
7-Kerr

or

5-Covell
6-Marshall
7-Prince
9-Fitzy

freakincage

Juniors
I think the only other club he'd go to would be the Warriors to be closer to his family, so lets hope things keep going great there.

tigergal

Juniors
i just got a bit worried by an article i read in paper this morning about how he is only getting paid 25 000 and how he wants at least 6 figures etc..

tigergal

Juniors
yeah i know its only rebecca wilson who is a load of crap but still it was about benji lol and the thought of him leaving is my nightmares..

HappyTiger

Juniors
We've heard it from Benji's mouth before.He wants to play for the Tigers.Theyve shown him loyalty and have done alot to help him and he has said that he wants to repay the club for that.I dont know where Wilson gets her info but its not very reliable.Providing the Tigers give Marshall a contract he deserves i cant see him going anywhere too soon.

SouthernTiger

Juniors
Tigergal

if we are going to be held to ransom by a player I dont want them ... players should be picked on what they can offer the side not what they might offer in the future. I was very dissappointed with Benji's attitude last night. he acted like a prima donna. He aint that good

cheers

s. tiger

HappyTiger

Juniors
No offence mate.But i saw nothing last night to suggest Benji acting like a 'prima donna'.He made a few mistakes .....yes.But its great to see that a 19yr old has the confidence to do what he does.He will learn from his mistakes and become a better player for it.We shouldnt be punishing him for trying his best.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
SouthernTiger said:
how can you leave Kerr out after last night Hybrid. did you actually watch the game?

One bad game and now everyone wants to drop Marshall?

I did watch the game - Kerr was great, but he is a back-up half for Prince. Thats why he was bought.

Im pretty sure Sheens will opt for Marshall to continue at five-eighth - common sense.

The kid will only get better and he will learn from his mistakes. His kicking game was quite good too IMO. He needs to be kicking more - even when Prince comes back.

tigergal

Juniors
ok forget the whole article thing, it was rebecca wilson and she is a load of crap o i dont know why i got scared reading it.. benji deserves at least 100 000 and im sure the tigers will give it to him. I do think benji is a loyal kind of guy and i think that unless the tigers management treat him badly he will be here for a long time to come. As for his attitude last night, i didnt see anything wrong with his attitude, he made stupid rookie mistakes but he gave his all.. he was involved in quite a few tackles and tried hard in attack, in fact if anything he was trying to hard for his team which lead to the intercept try.. if benji was trying to show off he would run it himself all the time but instead he passes it quite often.

SouthernTiger

Juniors
Watch the game again Tigergal Benji ran across field all, did the same thing last week. He tries to play touch footy out there. Your right the mistakes he made were rokkie mistakes which is exactly why he must gain more experience before putting him back in the crucial position of number 6. Trying hard is a good thing but there is such a thing as trying to hard. This is a concern the Sheens has had all year about Benji. Late in the 2nd half benji was being a prize goose, culminated in arguing with the trainer.

s. tiger

holla4amarshall

Juniors
he is a 5/8 half back have a look how many halves hit the line like laffranchi not too many and why would he?
he done he's job at 5/8 last night and made 3 errors altho i wouldn't say he is acting like a pri-madonna he leads the team and they lift when he plays they all know what he has to offer
if parra play like they have the last 2 weeks he'll set up 4 tries and score 5 himself .. altho skando could do the same v parra team the last 2 weeks

Papa_smurf

Juniors
1-Hodgson
2-Moodie
3-Elford
4-Viane
5-Fitzhenry
6-Marshall
7-Prince
8-Skandalis
9-Mears
10-Payton
11-Laffranchi
12-Sattler
13-Kerr
14-Gibbs
15-Oniel
16-Halatua/Galea
17-Senter

When Marshall has more then 1 bad game in a row then we can start excluding from our teams but not b4.

tiger_nick

Bench
1. Hodgson
2. Moodie
3. Fitzhenry
4. Elford
5. Covell
6. Prince
7. Kerr
8. Laffranchi
9. Senter
10. Skandalis
11. Galea
12. O'Neil
13. Sattler

14. Mears
15. Marshall
16. Payten
17. Gibbs

I'm a believer of horses for courses. Brian Smith will revolve his game-plan about belting Benji so have him off the bench. Mears to come on after 20min and Daz to play backrow for the rest of the game. I think we need Kerr in the side as Prince will have played Origin on Wednesday and could get tired

Vicious

Bench
Anyone who thinks Benji should be playing Premier League is obviously on the same tablets as big Willie!Sure he threw a bad pass and I was a little disappointed when he dropped off in defence causing one of the early tries,but the flair he provides the team is irreplacable.You can forgive him making a mistake or two this early in his career as he does things nobody and I mean nobody else can do!
Team Vs Parra
1.Brett Hodgson
2.Jason Moodie
3.Benji Marshall
4.Shane Elford
5.John Wilson
6.Scott Prince
7.Kieran Kerr
13.Scott Sattler(C)
12.Dean Halatau
11.Anthony Laffranchi
10.John Skandalis