What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Team V Raiders

Pumba

First Grade
1. Shannon McDonnell / Wes Naiqama
2. James McManus
3. Junior Sau
4. Wes Naiqama / Mad Dog
5. Aku Uate
6. Kurt Gidley
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Antonio Kaufusi
9. Matt Hilder
10. Evarn Tuimavave
11. Cory Paterson
12. Chris Houston
13. Joel Edwards

14. Tyrone Roberts
15. Richard Fa'aoso
16. Mark Taufua
17. Con Mika

Does anyone have a update on Wes? he looked like he was in some pain with the sternum after that hit with Gallen.

Also thoughts on giving Roberts another run? I thought he handled it well today wasn't scared to take the line on etc and he will only get better with experience.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
Roberts definitely deserves another run. If Doogs is out I'd have Wes centre, Kids fullback and Roberts at 5/8th.

Alex28

Coach
As much as it pains me to say it - and it really does - does Junior Burger deserve dropping after his performance yesterday? Even if Doogs is fit both Burger and Wes had great games yesterday.

I'm not convinced. I know we want to see Roberts cement a spot in first grade but with who we currently have fit he wouldn't crack the top 13 players. Yet.

Johns Magic

Referee
I don't think McDonnell had a particularly good game yesterday....his try was good, and he had to get through a lot of work, but my opinion of him as a player hasn't changed...and he still butchered a play and threw it to the opposition because he can't pass.

It may be slightly harsh to drop him on a personal level(especially for a rookie kid), but not necessarily the wrong decision.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Same team as Pumba. McDonnell stays at fullback, Wes stays in the centres and Roberts on the bench.

I haven't seen the Centurions play this year, does anyone know if any of our props are going well? Cos I'd REALLY like to see Kaufusi get dropped for a week or two, just to kick his ass into action. He's been so f***ing lazy the last few weeks.

If there is no-one worth bringing up from CCC, I'd be tempted to bring Pato back at lock and throw Eddie into the prop rotation.

Frederick

Staff member
Taufua was defo playing prop, eddy played lock until Roberts came on, then went to second row

Jono078

Referee
If Wes is to stay in the centres, he needs to tighten up his defense heaps, he was awful really.

But he showed some good signs in attack.

I thought McDonnell was good, he was nice and quick and got the Sharks on the back foot often. Although as JM said he can f**k a passing play up, esp the one off the kick off got to me and the ball straight to Colin Best.

I'm gonna watch the second half on NRL.com when it's available, see how Roberts went, sounds like he did alright though.

Johns Magic

Referee
Taufua was defo playing prop, eddy played lock until Roberts came on, then went to second row

He may well have been, I just saw Edwards in the centre of the park when he first came on and assumed that Southern starting and Edwards dropping to the bench was Edwards directly replacing Tolar.

Alex28

Coach
I thought Wes was much better in defence in the second half over the first. Definitely missed a few in the first but I thought the only one I saw him miss in the second was when Gallen elbowed him in the throat (I took note after someone noted it here at half time).

He is smashing it in attack though (for Wes).

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
I haven't seen the Centurions play this year, does anyone know if any of our props are going well? Cos I'd REALLY like to see Kaufusi get dropped for a week or two, just to kick his ass into action. He's been so f***ing lazy the last few weeks.

If there is no-one worth bringing up from CCC, I'd be tempted to bring Pato back at lock and throw Eddie into the prop rotation.

Kaufusi is getting less metres than any reserve grade prop. He should go away for a long time.

RHCP

Bench
1. Wes Naiqama/McDonnell
2. James McManus
3. Junior Sau
3. Adam MacDougall/Wes
5. Akuila Uate
6. Kurt Gidley (c)
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Evarn Tuimavave
9. Matt Hilder
10. Richie Fa'aoso
11. Chris Houston
12. Cory Paterson
13. Joel Edwards

14. Tyrone Roberts
15. Antonio Kaufusi
16. Mark Taufua
17. Con Mika

Faas > AK.

League_God

Juniors
1.Kurt Gidley (c)
2.Aku Uate
3.Wes Naquima
4.Junior Sau
5.James McManus
6.Tyrone Roberts
7.Jarred Mullen
8.Richie Faaso
9.Matt Hilder
10.Evarn Tuimavave
11.Corey Patterson
12.Chris Houston
13.Mark Taufua

14.Con Mika
15.Joel Edwards
16.Zane Tetevano
17.Antonio Kafusi

Johns Magic

Referee
1.Kurt Gidley (c)
2.Aku Uate
3.Wes Naquima
4.Junior Sau
5.James McManus
6.Tyrone Roberts
7.Jarred Mullen
8.Richie Faaso
9.Matt Hilder
10.Evarn Tuimavave
11.Corey Patterson
12.Chris Houston
13.Mark Taufua

14.Con Mika
15.Joel Edwards
16.Zane Tetevano
17.Antonio Kafusi

Would be keen to see this team, but with Kaufusi out of the team altogether and Ethan cook on the bench.

League_God

Juniors
I would have loved to have seen Cook make his debut yesterday infront of a home crowd on a Sunday arvo. I'm all for his debut vs Canberra. I see Cook playing a huge part in the future for the Knights. He strikes me as the type of player that will take to FG like a duck to water. However, i really want to see us do whats best for his future, rather than our immediate future (given our horrible injury toll). I think the best thing for Cook would be to be given time in the 2nd half Vs Canberra and sent back to NYC (for a game or 2) hungrier for FG.

League_God

Juniors
Everyone seems to have their own players who they cannot wait to be coached by WB. I personally cannot wait to see what Wayne does with; O'Donnell, Cook and Mullen.