What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team vs Parra?

Jono078

Referee
1 Boyd
2 Uate
3 Sau
4 Tahu
5 McManus
6 Gidley
7 Mullen
8 Snowden
9 Buderus
10 Fa'aoso - even though I thought he was disappointing last night, looked soft and tired early on.
11 Houston
12 Taia
13 Hilder
--
14 Costigan
15 Tetevano
16 Cuthbertson
17 McKinnon

I expect Boyd to be motm in this one and set both wingers up for tries.

Whats Doing

Bench
I don't think there is any need to change from last night's team unless there is injuries.

We need to get some consistency in the team to enable the team to develop more structure and cohesion. I am happy with the improvement in the team so far which with more time our combinations hopefully will develop to match the current top 2 sides at the end of the season.

billy2

Juniors
McKinnon is a kid, and past experience says young blokes with little experience can get up for a few games of firstgrade but they can't be expected to get up week after week.
I think he showed that he needs to spend a few weeks in the lower grades.
Hilder in for McKinnon.

I'd be dropping Eddy and give him some incentive to get his butt into gear to make the grade.
Hilder in for, at least, backup kicking duties provided he is mentally fit (don't know if rumours of a family illness that may be putting him off a bit are true or not).
If Hilder is out I'd be bringing another kicker in somewhere. Maybe drop Sau for another back that can kick.
I'd keep McKinnon in.

rnb11

Juniors
I thought Mullen was a handy goal kicker, well he was in his younger days. I remember him being the Aus schoolboys kicker and went well... what happened?

IanG

Coach
Parra had a win tonight so we can't afford to take them lightly now. They'll play like they have nothing to lose.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Parra may have won tonight but their right hand side defence in particular was very ordinary. If we play like we have the last two weeks we'll win comfortably.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Manly were short some topliners and played generally shit

Unless we fall into a hole I cant see us losing against Parra at home

Last edited:

shane1970

Juniors
Lol!

I'd personally love to see Sau gone... I'd rather have McKinnon in there as he can at least defend.
Bit harsh Yosh ! - Certainly didn't look like he could defend for the 12 points he let past him on Friday night
And as for the team for next week - the only one I'd be replacing would be Taia - let him get his confidence back in the NSW cup team - there aint no room or time in the NRL for his efforts of late.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
You must have missed last weeks game, Shane?

I think Sau has been alright although didn't pass to Uate at all again.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I think Taia was not as good as his usual self on Friday but he was excellent against the Dogs and certainly doesnt deserve to be dropped.

Harsh critics round here sometimes

Jobdog

Live Update Team
1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus
3. Junior Sa'u
4. Timana Tahu
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Tyrone Roberts/Kurt Gidley
8. Kade Snowden
9. Danny Buderus
10. Richie Fa'aoso
11. Chris Houston
12. Zeb Taia
13. Neville Costigan

14. Matt Hilder
15. Adam Cuthbertson
16. Zane Tetevano
17. Alex McKinnon

Last edited:

billy2

Juniors
Roberts has not been impressive at all in NSW cup.
Stig has been more impressive, but he played 50 minutes in his first game and 70 minutes in the next two, showing he is not yet match fit.

Stick

Juniors
Mullen has swayed Bennett that he belongs in the 6.
1. Boyd
2. McManus
3. Tahu
4. Gidley
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Buderus
10. Costigan
11. Tetevano
12. Taia
13. Houston
-
14. Fa'aoso
15. Cuthbertson
16. Edwards
17. McKinnon
McKinnon can slot into centre and let Gidley spell Buderus. If the bench starts to fire better, we can use the same change to give guys like Mata'utia and Will Smith 1st grade experience.

Everyone is posting the same or very similar teams. We have a lot of flexibility in the squad primarily through moving Kurt around that a lot of combinations are available as options. Why are people happy to stick with a losing structure? I realise players should be given time to fire in their combinations but if we don't experiment now, when will we?

Latest posts