What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team Vs Sharks.

Vicious

Bench
Gallen worked his arse off but he looked exhausted the moment he ran onto the field.

How in God's name will Morris help? lol

In tough times like what the Sharks are going through, it`s a great test of character and the whole hearted footballers stand out like beacons. Paul Gallen has a heart as big as Phar Lap and as bad as the Sharks are at the moment he had a couple of willing helpers. Their prop Kade Snowden is potentially one of the best props in the game, he has it all, size, mobilty, aggression and showed a fair bit of heart tonight against the Broncos as well. He`s certainly one we`ll neeed to keep quiet to make sure we win the game without too many problems.

super_coach

First Grade
Sheens will not go outside the square at this time of the year. He will opt for experience even if it means a team shuffle. So my guess is

1 moltzen
4 collis
6 lawerence
7 marshall

maybe a chance Asyford will play 6 and white legs back to centre and of course their is alway a big chance JoMo will get a gig back in the 6 or 7.

You have to remember we are coming into three big big games after the sharks he will not throw a rookie into those games. and for once I agree with him and lets face it the number on the players back means little these days

nyx

Juniors
Sheens is in the paper (the Australian) again today talking up how much better Moltzen is at Fullback than Halfback so it looks like Moltzen will move back to 1 - clearing the way JMo's return to the halves :?
Sheens said:
"That's not the only reason we won five games," Sheens said of the Marshall-Moltzen partnership. "I think his (Moltzen's) potential is very, very good there (at fullback). But we have to have another option at halfback. I said it weakened one position to strengthen another by moving him from fullback to halfback.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25910699-5012431,00.html

DanOz

Juniors

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
He says he is not willing to give Lui a go. Why not ? It's against the Sharks, they're coming off a short week and if he is struggling he can get J-Mo on.

macnaz

Staff member
Tims Quote "I said it weakened one position to strengthen another by moving him from fullback to halfback." So he still thinks Moltzen was a better fullback than Gallant.:crazy: .unbelievable.

tiger_nick

Bench
'I said it weakened one position to strengthen another by moving him from fullback to halfback.'

that does it, my hatred for sheens has decreased significantly since we had out little run. but this single line has shown that he is still the same arrogant pig headed merkin that has cost us the last 3 seasons.

gallant has been nothing short of sensational, in reality he has played better then hodgo did last year (and thats taking nothing away from brett the little champ)

expect morris in the halves on sunday, what a f*cken joke

GOODBYE 2009!!!

Vicious

Bench
Sheens will not go outside the square at this time of the year. He will opt for experience even if it means a team shuffle. So my guess is

1 moltzen
4 collis
6 lawerence
7 marshall

maybe a chance Asyford will play 6 and white legs back to centre and of course their is alway a big chance JoMo will get a gig back in the 6 or 7.

You have to remember we are coming into three big big games after the sharks he will not throw a rookie into those games. and for once I agree with him and lets face it the number on the players back means little these days

That`s exactly what Sheens will opt for and it might work against a depleted side such as the Sharks, but it won`t do much good against the tougher sides we have to beat to get into the top 8.
The reason why it won`t work is because we only have one dangerous aggressive ball runner in the back row, being Gareth Ellis and therefore we need BOTH our centres to be capable of trampling their opposing defender. Lawrence is certainly capable as is Blake Ayshford, but I see Collis as a big weakness.

Vicious

Bench
That`s exactly what Sheens will opt for and it might work against a depleted side such as the Sharks, but it won`t do much good against the tougher sides we have to beat to get into the top 8.
The reason why it won`t work is because we only have one dangerous aggressive ball runner in the back row, being Gareth Ellis and therefore we need BOTH our centres to be capable of trampling their opposing defender. Lawrence is certainly capable as is Blake Ayshford, but I see Collis as a big weakness.

I reckon a player such as Josh Davis in the centres or bringing Robert Lui into the halves would give us the X-factor we need to possibly go on a winning streak like we did in `2005.

macnaz

Staff member
'I said it weakened one position to strengthen another by moving him from fullback to halfback.'

that does it, my hatred for sheens has decreased significantly since we had out little run. but this single line has shown that he is still the same arrogant pig headed merkin that has cost us the last 3 seasons.

gallant has been nothing short of sensational, in reality he has played better then hodgo did last year (and thats taking nothing away from brett the little champ)

expect morris in the halves on sunday, what a f*cken joke

GOODBYE 2009!!!
Well said

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
I think we all know that Sheens will make as many changes as possible

Like rushing Collis back into the centres after Ayshford and Lawrence have been working so well the last couple of weeks.

Sheens is a merkin of the first order.

TiggaPlease

If Moltzen is better than Gallant in the number 1, then i'm better than Robbie in the number 9.

Why don't we just name our toyota cup side and give them a crack? Surely it wouldn't be much worse than JMo out of position once again....

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
1. Hanbury
2. Tuiaki
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Tupou (should get a crack)
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen
8. Gibbs
9. Farah
10. Payten
11. Galloway
12. Elliss.
13. Galea
BENCH
14. Heighington
15. Morris
16. Ryan
17. Mataka.

AussieSmithy

Juniors
In the team announcement Moltzen has been moved back to 1 and Lui has been named at 7.

I'm not a fan of the decision to break-up the Benji & Moltzen show. It means that if Lui struggles with the shift to first grade he'll put John Morris on instead (again, playing the poor dude out of position).

Would have preferred Hanbury in at 1 and left the rest alone. But, can't change it now...

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
Same as the guy above. I was just deducted 10 points or whatever for accusing Tonga and Asotasi of being involved in the 2004 incident ;).

Latest posts