What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Teams 2012 ;1,7,6,9 ?

Easts R #1

Juniors
How do you figure? With carney gone your spine looks average at best. Your pack has lost its best player in Myles and an experience head in Ryles.

I like the kids coming through in Takarangi, Lasi, Guerra etc however i still think they won't make the 8 based on their roster & coach. They will have games that Frank Paul & Masoe will tear clubs apart and there will be games that they cost you wins.
You make me laugh, Mni, Anasta,Friend and Pearce have achieved more than any of your spine. all have represented at either Nsw Origin, Grandfinals, Kangaroo's or PM's 11. Beside Innis, who I rate highly you have Barba at 1 who can't catch or tackle and possibly the worst halves in the comp, beside souths. Ryles was quite good in 2011 but Myles was shite, The forwards you mentioned including Kennedy, Hargraves and Aubusson will be mobile tough and score points.

BranVan3000

Coach
You make me laugh, Mni, Anasta,Friend and Pearce have achieved more than any of your spine. all have represented at either Nsw Origin, Grandfinals, Kangaroo's or PM's 11. Beside Innis, who I rate highly you have Barba at 1 who can't catch or tackle and possibly the worst halves in the comp, beside souths. Ryles was quite good in 2011 but Myles was shite, The forwards you mentioned including Kennedy, Hargraves and Aubusson will be mobile tough and score points.

lmao yeah Mini managed to be the most embarassing player in Origin history last year, Anasta is so washed up your club can't wait to get rid of him and Friend is just a joke of a human

Easts R #1

Juniors
lmao yeah Mini managed to be the most embarassing player in Origin history last year, Anasta is so washed up your club can't wait to get rid of him and Friend is just a joke of a human
Mini didn't play origin last year, Friend will replace Smith in the next couple of season and Anasta Is far better than your 6.

I don't get that argument. Who cares what someone has achieved. Especially if it was fckn years ago. Carl Webb had played more origins than Tariq Sims but that doesn't make him better.

FWIW, i do agree with you that your spine is better than the Dogs. I just can't agree with saying what they have done.

Anyway,
1. Hayne
6. Roberts
7. Sandow
9. Keating

Has potential. Keating is shit. But all he will have to do is shovel it on to Sandow. Hopefully Roberts running game will open up gaps for Hayne. I'm assuming that's why we got him.

I think Hayne is in for a massive year. Having a backline without Mortimer, Jeff Robson, Justin Horo and Ben Smith will definitely ease the pressure on him. That's the optimist in me though.

Top 3 would have to be Storm, Manly and Warriors...in that order.

Easts R #1

Juniors
I don't get that argument. Who cares what someone has achieved. Especially if it was fckn years ago. Carl Webb had played more origins than Tariq Sims but that doesn't make him better.

FWIW, i do agree with you that your spine is better than the Dogs. I just can't agree with saying what they have done.

Anyway,
1. Hayne
6. Roberts
7. Sandow
9. Keating

Has potential. Keating is shit. But all he will have to do is shovel it on to Sandow. Hopefully Roberts running game will open up gaps for Hayne. I'm assuming that's why we got him.

I think Hayne is in for a massive year. Having a backline without Mortimer, Jeff Robson, Justin Horo and Ben Smith will definitely ease the pressure on him. That's the optimist in me though.

Top 3 would have to be Storm, Manly and Warriors...in that order.
Besides Anasta they all represented in 2011.. I do like the Eels spine Keating is complimented greatly by Casey.[ Casey is still playing good footy]

DoggiesBro

Juniors

Myles is still the best forward you had by a long long way. Kennedy and Hargreaves are good players, Aubbuson is massively overrated the only year you looked good in the past 5 was with Carney leading to DallyM.

As for the spine comparing of Roosters and Dogs. Keeping in mind i rate friend and mino. The break down in my opinion is like this, Mino is past it yet still solid, Barba would be picked by most over Mino now days, in his prime mino was a top fullback though thats long gone. Anasta is hopeless at 6 or Mortimer VS Keating is a parra discard battle, says enough.

Pearce is MASSIVELY overrated, although still a good half and i also think we will see Hodkinson look like he did with Manly and the back end of the season with Dogs once moore was gone, with Des back with him. Ennis is a top 2-3 hooker while friend is top 10 at best.

Hardly say your spine is to far ahead if at all, however as i said Roosters will go alright next year due to the kids like Takarangi, Hargreaves, Kennedy, Tasi, Guerra coming through. I just don't see them getting into the finals with the coaching staff and the loss of people like Myles, Ryles and Carney.

Easts R #1

Juniors
Myles is still the best forward you had by a long long way. Kennedy and Hargreaves are good players, Aubbuson is massively overrated the only year you looked good in the past 5 was with Carney leading to DallyM.

As for the spine comparing of Roosters and Dogs. Keeping in mind i rate friend and mino. The break down in my opinion is like this, Mino is past it yet still solid, Barba would be picked by most over Mino now days, in his prime mino was a top fullback though thats long gone. Anasta is hopeless at 6 or Mortimer VS Keating is a parra discard battle, says enough.

Pearce is MASSIVELY overrated, although still a good half and i also think we will see Hodkinson look like he did with Manly and the back end of the season with Dogs once moore was gone, with Des back with him. Ennis is a top 2-3 hooker while friend is top 10 at best.

Hardly say your spine is to far ahead if at all, however as i said Roosters will go alright next year due to the kids like Takarangi, Hargreaves, Kennedy, Tasi, Guerra coming through. I just don't see them getting into the finals with the coaching staff and the loss of people like Myles, Ryles and Carney.
When Barba learns to catch a ball on the full and tackle yes he would be picked over Min and as for Myles and Ryles far too many mistakes and penalties. Myles is great at origin where you can get away with alot more but a liability in the nrl, Took up too much cap space and for every good thing he did he stuffed at crucial times in games by giving away penalties or cheap posession. As for our coach he's been to more GF's than most.

Last edited:

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Barba can tackle and catch the ball, he had a few nightmares but at the start and end of season he wasn't dropping bombs.

Des will be working on that and again it was his first year at fullback anyhow and lead the nrl for trys, linebreaks etc he is a genuine superstar of the future.

As for the Myles bagging, i can't cop that mate, i admit at times he looked a little stupid and disintersted but to be fair 90% of the roosters did especially blokes like SKD, Pearce, Frank Paul etc. Myles might of had a year half off the pace however hes been your best forward for the past few years by a LONG way. Watch him kill it at the Titans.

Easts R #1

Juniors
Barba can tackle and catch the ball, he had a few nightmares but at the start and end of season he wasn't dropping bombs.

Des will be working on that and again it was his first year at fullback anyhow and lead the nrl for trys, linebreaks etc he is a genuine superstar of the future.

As for the Myles bagging, i can't cop that mate, i admit at times he looked a little stupid and disintersted but to be fair 90% of the roosters did especially blokes like SKD, Pearce, Frank Paul etc. Myles might of had a year half off the pace however hes been your best forward for the past few years by a LONG way. Watch him kill it at the Titans.
I have never rated Myles except when playing origin. Titans will be lucky to make 12th, Champion, Idris, Graham and co are average at best.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
I have never rated Myles except when playing origin. Titans will be lucky to make 12th, Champion, Idris, Graham and co are average at best.

Oh dear.

Bailey, Myles, Douglas, Bird, Harrison, Mino. Its a pack full of reps.

Champion, Idris, Gordon, Mead, Prince... Pretty handy backline...

Srama looks the goods so does James and a few other blokes they have coming through.

Only weakness is 1 and 6 in my opinion.

Easts R #1

Juniors
Oh dear.

Bailey, Myles, Douglas, Bird, Harrison, Mino. Its a pack full of reps.

Champion, Idris, Gordon, Mead, Prince... Pretty handy backline...

Srama looks the goods so does James and a few other blokes they have coming through.

Only weakness is 1 and 6 in my opinion.
No 1, 6 or 9 of any calibure and most important positions in a team, Bailey should retire wouldn't make any other team

Latest posts