What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your test side

Timbo

Staff member
Punter doesn't like using Kat as a bowler. He preferred Lehmann, and now Clarke as his part timer.

This despite Kat being a batting all-rounder at domestic level.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
JoeysChiropractor said:
Have people forgotten that Katich bowls? And has had success in test cricket with the ball? He also has had success domestically. No use putting Hogg in, an average batsman and an average bowler. At least Symonds or Katich are average in one area, and Symonds is a much better fielder than the both of them.

Hayden to the middle order? I doubt it. Martyn to open? lol, first short ball he will be caught cutting. Don't try to fix what isn't broken, and the only things that are broken is Gillespie and the one batting spot which no one has cemented since Steve Waughs departure.
Someone has to be moved up the order, Hayden is struggling to look even remotely comfortable against Harmison. If he kept this form going into the tests, then he would be out before Harmison's first spell was finished all the time. Is that something you want to risk.

Symondas should never be considered for test cricket again, he's an over rated one day player.

In all honesty I'd much prefer Michael Bevan in the place of Hogg in my side, but thats not likely . stupid f**king selectors.

aussies1st

Staff member
madunit said:
Someone has to be moved up the order, Hayden is struggling to look even remotely comfortable against Harmison. If he kept this form going into the tests, then he would be out before Harmison's first spell was finished all the time. Is that something you want to risk.

Symondas should never be considered for test cricket again, he's an over rated one day player.

In all honesty I'd much prefer Michael Bevan in the place of Hogg in my side, but thats not likely . stupid f**king selectors.

Bevan definitely seem to have some good bowling in him too bad selectors never developed it. Hussey would be the perfect replacement for Hayden that way you aren't making a make shift opener.

Latest posts