What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your test side

Rammo

Juniors
Mine would be:

Hayden
Langer
Ponting (C)
Martyn
Hussey
Hodge
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Kasprowicz/Gillespie
McGrath

Timbo

Staff member
I'd love to see you justify dropping Katich O'Meeley.

1-Hayden
2-Hussey
3-Ponting
4-Martyn
5-Katich
6-Clarke
7-Gilchrist
8-Warne
9-Gillespie
10-Kasprowicz
11-McGrath

Would be mine.

Timbo

Staff member
Nothing. However I think Hussey has to be in there, and it's either Clarke or Langer who has to go. I said Langer in the interest of getting the test and ODI sides into sync.

sanjane

Juniors
Timbo said:
Nothing. However I think Hussey has to be in there, and it's either Clarke or Langer who has to go. I said Langer in the interest of getting the test and ODI sides into sync.

Geez, that's a big call.

But is Hussey even part of the test squad?

lockyno1

Post Whore
1. Hayden
2. Langer
3. Ponting
4. Martyn
5. Hussey
6. Katich
7. Gilchrist
8. Lee
9. Warne
10. Kasprowitz
11. McGrath

12. Clarke

Clarke has to go for Hussey becuase he is the one out of form. Gillespie is horribly out of form and deserves the chop as well. You can't drop Langer he is one of the major reasons why they were successful- his partnership with Hayden remains the best one in world cricket!

SirShire

First Grade
Clarke for Hussey and Dizzy for Lee.

Both the players being dropped are in horrible form and both players being selected are in excellent touch both in this tour and the last one.

Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Tait
McGrath

Tait is ready, neither Kasprowicz or Gillespie have looked that good, and Hussey is form whereas I think Martyn will be exposed. Symonds is the other form batsman this tour and offers another option with the ball. Can't afford to really pick out of form players, however I think Clarke is a must and he is very much a confidence player.

I think Tait's pace and movement will trouble the poms, he is also an unseen weapon which I think will benefit Australia. No use picking dizzy or kasper who have been belted around the park all tour. England have struggled against Lee and his pace/movement.

lockyno1

Post Whore
JoeysChiropractor said:
Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Tait
McGrath

Tait is ready, neither Kasprowicz or Gillespie have looked that good, and Hussey is form whereas I think Martyn will be exposed. Symonds is the other form batsman this tour and offers another option with the ball. Can't afford to really pick out of form players, however I think Clarke is a must and he is very much a confidence player.

I think Tait's pace and movement will trouble the poms, he is also an unseen weapon which I think will benefit Australia. No use picking dizzy or kasper who have been belted around the park all tour. England have struggled against Lee and his pace/movement.

You say you don't pick out of form players- and then you pick Clarke! He is almost the most out of form of them all! As much as I bag Martyn in one-dayers, he is proven in test matches. Symonds was given his chance and failed. Tait is the same bowler as Lee so you won't pick 2 of them in the same test side until you have to! He is on tour for experience only!

swing_low

Juniors
Langer
Hayden
Ponting
Martyn
Hussey
Katich
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Kasprowitz
Mcgrath

This should be picked

fish eel

Immortal
the first test side will be, barring injury
Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Katich
Gilly
Warne
Lee
Gillespie
McGrath.

You can all forget Hussey.

He is not in the squad for the Ashes.

Also, don't mistake One Day form for test form. I havent seen the intenary, but guys like Clarke will have some first class practice. They are also incumbants, you dont drop incumbants from the test side without giving them a chance to perform in the test series. I know I've droppped Lee for Kasper, but thats been on the cards for a while and Kasper from memory didnt really perform in NZ.

Iafeta

Referee
1 Langer
2 Hayden
3 Ponting
4 Martyn
5 Katich
6 Clarke
7 Gilchrist
8 Lee
9 Warne
10 Kasprowicz
11 McGrath

No place for Gillespie. His bowling has gone to the dumps of late.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Doesnt matter what the side will be...i can see more 9 wicket wins to England coming up either way!

Rammo

Juniors
Timbo said:
I'd love to see you justify dropping Katich O'Meeley.

1-Hayden
2-Hussey
3-Ponting
4-Martyn
5-Katich
6-Clarke
7-Gilchrist
8-Warne
9-Gillespie
10-Kasprowicz
11-McGrath

Would be mine.

I think the side needs a fresh new direction which is why I would have Hodge over Katich. Hodge and Hussey in the middle order would just give the team abit of added energy.

aussies1st

Staff member
1 Langer
2 Hayden
3 Ponting
4 Martyn
5 Hussey
6 Katich
7 Gilchrist
8 Warne
9 Lee
10 Tait
11 McGrath

This is the perfect time to blood tait plus if things go wrong we still have 4 tests to pick things up.

fish eel

Immortal
you people dropping Katich are forgetting in that the last series played by Australia, he averaged 60 and scored a century.

There wont be to many changes because of one day form.

Earl

Coach
This is what I think they will go with

1. Matthew Hayden
2. Justin Langer
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Damien Martyn
5. Simon Katich
6. Michael Clarke
7. Adam Gilchrist
8. Shane Warne
9. Jason Gillespie